Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #1

Angry Forest River Product Problems (Moved from another forum)

I understand the way you can feel as I also bought 2 Forest River products and encountered big problems,my 2011 Lexington 255 being at the repair shop for the last 5 weeks for a front slide-out water leak. Not to mention the many hundreds of dollars already spent in repairs and it's got only 28,000 km. with 1,500 km. out of them for traveling to dealer and repair shop! The leak began slowly last August and got worse: the rubber seals were so badly asembled,protruding screws coming out,screws treaded in gaps between pieces of wood in many places,loose parts,unsealed areas,etc. Now,they discovered that the water drops from the tubings that form the inner structure of the slide-out! I got dozens of pictures to prove the problems! And even if we used many rags, the water penetrated in the floor that is now swelled... And the round verticalfoam covered piece along the slide -out behind my driver's seat was always impregnated with water coming from the upper seal molding. So poor workmanship that I took off over 50 loose staples by hand, moldings around the counter that get loose, and that side door so badly assembled you could see outside through the gap,and how many sqweaks??? And my dealer says I have to pay for all repairs because the 1 -year warranty is expired!!! Help me please!
Autonostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #2

Oh! I forgot to say that my first experience with FR was a Flagstaff 21.5 ft. trailer. First time we ltried to use the oven,we got an explosion in the face.And it had NEVER been used! After 2 more tries,I called a mobile repair shop: after dismantling the gas stove,we found the 2 brand new gas lines had a hole in each. After installation of 2 new lines,no more problem there. Then we got water leaks from the roof antenna,from the water heater exterior outlets and refrigerator seal (rotten floor) ,bad weldings on the refrigerator gas lines,refrigerator that fell down on the floor because it was held by one front screw only on the edge of a front wood piece,the 5 so cheap Carlisle tires that ALL blew out after 18,000 km. and so many other things.I guess we can talk about poor quality and workmanship...
Autonostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote