Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2017, 05:33 PM   #1

installing batteries in Lexington

Hi folks, this is my first message so be easy on me. I purchased a Forest River 2004 Lexington 27' class b+ used from a private seller last summer. When winterizing last fall, I took the cabin batteries out to store at home (but not before taking a picture of the set-up).. Unfortunately the picture is no where to be found now and I got a mess of wires left over when I try to hook them up.I have no trouble setting the batteries up in parallel, and if it was just a matter of hooking them to the motorhome, no problem.. but things never go that easy. theres 6 different wires (I'm trying to attach a picture of them) Is there anyone who would care to draw a diagram for me. Can find all kinds of standard hookups, but nothing that looks like this...and of course, with the location of the batteries, I'm laying on the ground trying to figure it out.. would appreciate any help please
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	battery wires.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	137749  
buddy79926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 03:22 PM   #2

I only see 4 wires from your picture. Is it possible to get a shot of the 6 wires you reference in your post? This may help me to help you.
Cheers
dthomso1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:59 PM   #3

"I only see 4 wires from your picture. Is it possible to get a shot of the 6 wires you reference in your post? This may help me to help you.
Cheers"

Yes I can do that tomorrow and get back to you. Thank you very much
Attached Files
Old 05-16-2017, 08:00 PM   #4

installing batteries in lexington

dthompso1, Unfortunately, I guess there are only 4 wires.. I must have been counting the 2 wires used to run the batteries parallel.. Just not with it somedays..so now that we're down to 4. can you help me get them in the right spots.. Really appreciate any help you can give.. thanks
Old 05-16-2017, 10:20 PM   #5

OK no worries. You will have the two short cables then running from positive to positive posts and negative to negative so you have a parallel setup. The two wires in your photo that have red ends go on the positive posts and the other two that are black go on the negative post. Hope this helps don't hesitate to ask if this isn't clear. Cheers
dthomso1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, lexington