Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2011, 04:01 PM   #1

keyless entry

I notice the Lexington brochure lists "keyless entry" as a standard feature. The 2009 one does not but the 2010 and 2012 do. Is this referring to the Ford touch pad entry system or is this a key fob deal?
popbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:04 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Can't tell for sure, but some our Shasta's and others are coming with key less entry. It is a key pad, and operates the dead bolt on the camper door.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
Commercial Member

It is a Ford Key fob.

The touch pad system you may see on the chassis door is an aftermarket system. Ford doesn't offer the key pad system on the RV version of the E450 van (like they do Explorer, etc.)

Lexington does not offer keypad entry into the "coach" portion of the unit. We have looked at a few proto-types, but have not made a decision about offering it.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:24 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Phlunky

Found these, the second one looks pretty slick but I cant find dealers or pricing??

RV Keyless Entry

RV Lock Keyless Remote for Trailers, 5th Wheel and Campers. Great Christmas Xmas Present!!
Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
igkra.com
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #5

Thanks BC. We picked up our new Lexi yesterday. Absolutely love it!! I can't believe how much better it handles than the Sunseeker. Wife has no problems driving it and would never drive the Sunseeker after one trip around the neighborhood! Only short fall so far is the lack of storage room for the sewer hose. The short compartment on the street side can only handle a hose without fittings on one end. I'm sure I will find a solution. Thanks again. BTW, the "keypad" entry into the coach would be an excellent improvement. We have enjoyed it on the last 3 wife's cars (all Ford products). Keep us posted as to FR's progress. Hope it will be retrofit able.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #6

Congrats on your new Lexi!

We'll have to have another rally sometime next spring so you can show it off.

As far as the sewer hose, I place all my sewer fittings and extra hose in a container which I store in the pass through storage. I also keep all my fresh water hoses and items in a seperate container. Works for me.

This picture shows the fresh water container. I usually stack it on top of the container that holds the sewer items.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Curb Side Pass Through 1.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	8835
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #7

Gary, followed your advice on the sewer hose and it works great. Thought at first this coach did not have enough exterior storage but although the pass thru is smaller, the other smaller compartments adds a lot of room plus easier to organize. Agree we need a spring get together. Are you going to Elkhart?