Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2022, 01:35 PM   #1

New a/c installed.

Just in case anyone is thinking about this for their rig: our old a/c finally quit on us. Fortunately we were still at home and not on the road. So we had a new one put in. We had it done by Eagles Pride at The Great Outdoors in nearby Titusville, Florida. Over the years we have found they are the best.
The old unit was a Dometic 13.5K but we replaced it with a 15K unit because of the sorry cooling when trying to cool off the camper when it was hot outside.
The new one is much quieter and the air really blows out of the living room vents and not just the bedroom. I had planned to do a foam mod to try to direct the air into the plenum better but now I don't have to bother with that.
Also, I was worried about it running on the generator since it is a bigger unit but it works just fine.
My biggest shock was when I was marveling over feeling cool air actually coming out of the front vents so forcefully and I noticed the fan was set to low!
I just thought I would tell people about this because I know Lexingtons are getting rather long in the tooth and we probably aren't the only ones with a/c problems.

2010 Lexington 255 GTS

2000 Jeep Cherokee Toad
dontay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 04:12 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to NoviBill
What unit did you replace it with?

Our AC just died in our 2006 255DS a few weeks ago. I just installed a "Advent Air Replacement RV Air Conditioner for Dometic Setup w/ Start Capacitor - 13,500 Btu". It was plug compatible with the old unit and install was easy. Same size as before, but a lot better than our 16 year old unit (before it died). Better fan, a lot quieter and more energy efficient.
NoviBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 06:48 AM   #3

What unit did you replace it with?

That might have been helpful!!! Replaced with Dometic.

2010 Lexington 255 GTS

2000 Jeep Cherokee Toad
dontay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led