Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2018, 06:40 PM   #1

No air out of vents?

I have a 2004 Lexington grand touring Class C. With a Ford E450 .
When I drivecfor about 30 to 40 minutes the AC/ Heater stops sending air through any of the vents: floor/ defrost... everything stops wether I am using the AC orctge heater.
I checked for a vacuum leak .. found a small one and fixed it ... still happens... replaced the blower motor... no change.
When it happens I can hear the blower working really hard but. I air comes out of the vents.
When I do stop after running for that length of time there is a lot if water leaking from under the engine.... any one else ever had this issue?
jacques1543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:56 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to NoviBill
Only a guess, but sounds like a vacuum line issue. A quick search found this: Ford e-450 dash air issue -here is the fix

-Good Luck!
=================================
https://anunbalancedbalance.blogspot.com/
NoviBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:10 AM   #3

Not vacuum

Thanks for the reply but we checked for a vacuum leak.. found a small one and fixed it but it still happens.
The ford manual says if it’s a vacuum leak the vents will default to defrost but in our case even the defrost does not work?
Frustrating!
jacques1543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:25 AM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

Your advantage with your A/C problem is that with the Lexington model, the “automotive” E450 part of your RV is a REAL vehicle that any FORD dealership should know how to troubleshoot.

If you had an F53 chassis, you’d hear all kinds of excuses about what part is FORD, what part is FOREST RIVER and on and on.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 07:11 AM   #5

Sounds to me like the inside part (evaporator?) is freezing up. I think it is caused by low freon but as said above any dealership or auto a/c shop can fix. The reason for all the water draining is the ice melting.
I had really good luck on my Jeep with a recharge kit I picked up at an auto parts store. It uses a gauge so it isn't like the old days where you just dumped in a can of freon. My repair lasted for two years and then I went to a shop and got a new compressor.

2010 Lexington 255 GTS

2000 Jeep Cherokee Toad
dontay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent