Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2016, 12:55 PM   #1

Only one low point drain?

Is it possible to have only one low point drain? It's time to winterize and the drain for the fresh water tank has only one other capped drain hose next to it. It is a clear hose, not red or blue. I cannot see any other drains. When in the MH I can see only one water line going from the water pump and that is clear as well.

My motorhome is a 24 foot 2008 Forest River Lexington 235S.

Should I keep looking?
bobm253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:01 PM   #2

clarification

Just to clarify - the fresh water tank has an on off valve inside which drains thru one clear plastic line. However, next to the drain hose is only one more plastic drain line with a cap on it.

So I have two drain hoses under the MH - the identified water tank drain and the other one.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:38 PM   #3

I Have a 2007 235. I haven't found a low point drain. If there are any, they are well hidden. I drain the hot water tank & turn the by-pass knob. I then drain the water tank and connect the pump to a jug of anti-freeze. Run all the spigots until everything comes out pink. Pour some in the p-traps and hope for the best. Worked ok for a couple of years now.
00buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00buck View Post
I Have a 2007 235. I haven't found a low point drain. If there are any, they are well hidden. I drain the hot water tank & turn the by-pass knob. I then drain the water tank and connect the pump to a jug of anti-freeze. Run all the spigots until everything comes out pink. Pour some in the p-traps and hope for the best. Worked ok for a couple of years now.
My drains are located passenger side just to the front of the propane tank. I can see both of the drains from under the MH or with the propane cover open. So I guess you don't have another drain line next to the fresh water tank drain. Someone in another forum indicated that a hot water drain was not needed because the hot water tank drain is lower than the water line and serves the same purpose.

I am surprised you don't have a cold water low point drain.

Maybe someone added the one I have as I didn't buy my unit new.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:38 AM   #5

The hot water explanation makes sense to me. I'll take another look for the cold water drain. Thanks!
00buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:09 AM   #6

My Georgetown 378 ( I think all) has only one low point drain. With the winterization water heater valves set for bypass both hot and cold lines drain.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:43 AM   #7

As bubbles has said most have one low point drain and a FW tank drain. . I have a Forester and my one and only low point drain is red. Reminds me to put water heater in bypass first. Hot and cold water lines are connected when bypass is on to water heater.
This all depends on how your unit is plumbed. Based on many of the posts on this forum it is common to see the one low point drain on motor homes.
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:47 PM   #8

We have a 2011 Lexington GTS 235.

The fresh water tank drain is located as all the posts note. But there are also three more drains behind the rear dual wheel mudflap. Two pipes are blue and one is red. They have screw on caps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Low point drains.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	332.9 KB
ID:	124467  
Two-To-Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:27 AM   #9

Thanks for the info. I also received a reply from Forest River who indicated that some years and models only had one low point drain. Guess mine only has one. Another clue is that I have no blue or red water lines inside my unit. Only clear for both hot and cold.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:19 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobm253 View Post
Thanks for the info. I also received a reply from Forest River who indicated that some years and models only had one low point drain. Guess mine only has one. Another clue is that I have no blue or red water lines inside my unit. Only clear for both hot and cold.
It totally amazes me about the lack of quality control, the slipshod manner in which these units are put togather, and the total lack of workmenship by the people who build them.
My rig has blue (cold) red (hot) and white (fresh drain) which is as it should be, whild other poster only has clear lines. Seems the workers just grab whatever is handy or happens to be lying around.
If these were regular homes that had to be inspected, I doubt that any, I mean any, of them would pass even the most basic inspection, for build, electrical, water/plumbing.
Such a shame with what we're stuck with.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain