Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2015, 08:47 AM   #1

Rear view or B/U camera details?

We just purchased a 2010 255 GTS. The monitor is in the rear view mirror but only has a blank screen. The lens cover on the camera is discolored and might be blocking the view. I can hear noises coming from the monitor so I assume the camera also has a mic.
There are no visible make or model numbers on either piece.
Can someone fill me in on what make/model it might be and how it is supposed to operate. Rear view or full time rear monitor. Etc. Also the wiring path from camera to monitor (how to remove and/or replace the camera.)
Thank you for any assistance.
dontay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:31 PM   #2

I don't know about the maker, but the camera is only on when the RV is put in REVERSE. My 265 also has side cameras when you put your turn signals on. I don't know if yours has that or not.
fdwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:51 PM   #3

Finally I was able to track it down on Google. It is a Magnadyne system. Mine is a rear view not a backup camera. It comes on (the dim monitor screen) when I turn on the key. I can make out objects and faint colors but it is way too dark to be useful. The newer and very similar model on Magnadyne's site has a button at the center for calling up a screen menu but my button is just a plastic plug that isn't used. If I could brighten it I could use it but I just can't figure out how to fix it.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:58 PM   #4

Mine is very dark also. I wish I could brighten up.
fdwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 07:58 AM   #5

Since yours is newer does it have the center button? The website says push the button to bring up a menu screen. Like a mini joystick on laptops, move the button up or down to select items like brightness and then move side to side to change value.
Have you already done that?
Since yours is dark also it makes me think the monitor LCD screens are going bad as they age. But who knows?