Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2018, 03:22 PM   #1

After You Make A Post?

After you make a post on a thread, what route do you take to get back to area you were looking at? Like if you are in the Dynamax area, post on a particular thread, then you want to return to the Dynamax section to read other threads. Hope part of this made sense.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:24 PM   #2
Site Team

Scroll to the top, and click on the link to the section
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	topsection.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	185123  

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 03:30 PM   #3

So back to forums, then to General Discussion, then to Dynamax and then to the thread? Thats what I have always done but just seems like a long way to get there.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:31 PM   #4

I just hit the back button a couple of times.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 03:32 PM   #5
Site Team

No, what I have pointed to in the pic with the arrow in my previous post, will be a hyperlink....just click on what section, subsection you want to go directly to

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Scroll to the top, and click on the link to the section
Dang I finally found what you were pointing to. Much easier. Wish I would have found that about 560 posts ago. Thanks for the lesson.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:37 PM   #7
Site Team

And if you are using an app, just scroll up to top and you have the same, and can just tap on what section/subsection of the forums you want to go to. You may have to drag the section names left/right to view all.

Attachment 185124
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2018, 03:49 PM   #8
Site Team

I'm going to move this thread out of the general community discussions area, and over to the forum admin area.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:16 PM   #9
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
After you make a post on a thread, what route do you take to get back to area you were looking at? Like if you are in the Dynamax area, post on a particular thread, then you want to return to the Dynamax section to read other threads. Hope part of this made sense.
If you quote the post to which you're replying, you'll find a blue arrow at the top of the quoted post. Click that arrow, and you'll go right back to the post that you quoted and can pick up from there.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 04:40 PM   #10
Site Team

I open a thread I'm interested in by clicking the mouse wheel (or ctrl left click) and that opens it in a new tab. Then when I get done with it, I just close the tab and I'm right back at the thread list where I left off.
Old 09-01-2018, 05:47 PM   #11

Sure wish I would have asked sooner. Thanks everybody
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 03:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
I just hit the back button a couple of times.
Duh.....Me too!
Old 09-02-2018, 03:23 PM   #13

You can also click on the "User CP" link at the upper left side of the frame... that will give you a list of any of your subscribed threads that have new replies in them. That's how I usually navigate back to threads I have posts in.

You can also click on the "Quick Links" button, and there will be a link for "Subscribed Threads"... that will show you the entire list of threads you are subscribed to.

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
BriaBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 05:02 PM   #14
Site Team

All good advice. The OP was asking how to get back to a forum section list, instead of a particular or subscribed post.

Using the same pic, you will notice that the circled text is actually hyperlinks.

Clicking the blue circled one will take you to the main forum list (or home page).

Clicking the yellow one will take you to a particular subforum list of the main one.

Clicking the red one will take you to a list of all threads in a particular subforum

Click image for larger version

Name:	topsection.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	185224

If you want to use your windows keyboard (not sure on a Mac) instead of a mouse, you can actually do it even quicker and don't have to click on the forum list or even the back button. I know this works in Firefox but others will need to try other browsers to see.

Just hold down the "Alt" button and hit your left arrow key. It will take you back one page/list..... depending on which list you came from.

If you were on the main forum page and clicked on a recent post title, then you went directly from the main list to the post...so using the alt-left arrow key in that case would take you back to main forum page.

However if you went from the main forum page, to a subforum list, then a thread list, then a post......... then using the alt-left arrow key would take you back in reverse one page at a time.

I use both methods depending on which computer I may be at, and how I am sitting in relation to a keyboard.

EDIT: I just tested the keyboard shortcut in Microsoft Edge and it works the same as Firefox.

Old 09-02-2018, 05:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
Duh.....Me too!
I used to do this and it is more steps then necessary. Try what wmtire is talking about and it works so much better.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:48 PM   #16

I am still kicking myself for not asking or knowing how to navigate the site better. Man wmtire this is so much better my friend....