Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 02:11 PM   #1
Retired

Cannot post new topic ??

I'm trying to post a "New Topic" to the Winterizing page but I keep getting a message that I'm not allowed to post a new topic .... Why?
TIA
Old 10-23-2019, 02:17 PM   #2
Site Team

If you are reading an existing thread you can reply to posts in that thread by clicking on reply. You can not start a new thread in an existing thread. To start a new thread simply go to the home page or one of the major sections of the forum ie "Welcome Mat"

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Old 10-23-2019, 02:37 PM   #3
Site Team

Are you talking about this?

Winterizing - Forest River Forums

It's because that is a FAQ section. You can't post topics in there. You would be better off either posting into the subforum for your specific make/model trailer or possibly this sub-forum:

Plumbing and Water Systems & Fixtures - Forest River Forums
Old 10-23-2019, 07:56 PM   #4
Retired

OK... how does one post a question there?
Old 10-24-2019, 09:47 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyUS View Post
OK... how does one post a question there?
You can't.

The threads in that sub-forum are for reading only. They have been moved there by the admins because they contain information that we want readily available for questions that come up often.

As mentioned previously, you would be better off either posting into the subforum for your specific make/model trailer or some other sub-forum.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:43 AM   #6
Trailer Park Supervisor

Speaking of which, can the powers that be have the site adjusted so a big ol' Post New Thread radio button is on every page? From there have it drill down to what section it should be under. This radio button should be right next to Post Reply on any given page.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:57 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Speaking of which, can the powers that be have the site adjusted so a big ol' Post New Thread radio button is on every page? From there have it drill down to what section it should be under. This radio button should be right next to Post Reply on any given page.

No, we could never have that. The software is setup in a way to keep people from posting or starting threads where they should not.

The forum is set up by topics, You must be all the way into a subtopic, to be able to start a thread. This makes sure that people only start threads in the topics, and ONLY the particular topic subsection they are in. It would be utter chaos allowing threads to be started from anywhere on the forum, as people would not post in the correct subtopics.

Also the post option only shows when you are in a single particular thread...again which is the only way it needs to be..as to keep all kind of stuff from being misquoted, misthreaded, misposted.

The site team gets many reported posts, where the member simply hit the wrong button, and instead of replying, or quoting... hit the reported post button. I could only imagine how messed up it would be with even more options to get misapplied.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:31 PM   #8
Trailer Park Supervisor

The software can be modified so that hitting a Post New Thread brings up a pull down to select where the post will be, and can be further refined with additional sub sections if necessary. That is the definition of a drill-down. Check with somebody who is familiar with setting up web sites.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:32 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
The software can be modified so that hitting a Post New Thread brings up a pull down to select where the post will be, and can be further refined with additional sub sections if necessary. That is the definition of a drill-down. Check with somebody who is familiar with setting up web sites.

Already answered above

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread