Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 08:04 PM   #1

Disappointed

I noted that you removed a thread re Negative Forest River Corporate Thieves because there was reference to possible legal remedies. Why didn't someone just refer the poster to Good Sam/Trailer Life Action Line??? I too have noted the diminished customer service with Forest River products. We have a 2006 Cedar Creek 36 RLTS. We live approximately 60 miles from Topeka, IN where the Cedar Creeks are built. Until the last couple of years we have had exceptional service from the factory. Suddenly, the new "team" at Cedar Creek has decided not to allow any repair other than warranty repairs. Good luck finding a reputable RV dealer!

I am not sure now what the purpose of your forum is. If RVers cannot share their experiences, both positive & negative, what purpose does this forum serve?

BTW, my wife is an attorney. She was offended by your removal of the above referenced thread. So, I guess if you want to kick me off the Forest River forum, so be it. And also, aren't you building on the Forest River name recognition?? You can post all the disclaimers you want. But, I suspect that one of these days Forest River is going to encourage you to change your name.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:27 PM   #2
Site Team

Uhhm, that's not an accurate assessment of what happened at all. The post in question was closed, not removed. It is available for viewing, but is closed to any more posts concerning litigation and legal action.

It was all explained in the closing note to the thread, with links as to why it and any other similar threads will be closed that are similar in nature. Members may post problems with their RV's, but not possible libel (calling someone a thief), nor soliciting litigation and legal advice....which is against our guidelines and purpose. An attorney should be fully aware of the reasonings and fully knowledgeable in non-disparagement settlement clauses..

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ems-96248.html

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Uhhm, that's not an accurate assessment of what happened at all. The post in question was closed, not removed. It is available for viewing, but is closed to any more posts concerning litigation and legal action.

It was all explained in the closing note to the thread, with links as to why it and any other similar threads will be closed that are similar in nature. Members may post problems with their RV's, but not possible libel (calling someone a thief), nor soliciting litigation and legal advice....which is against our guidelines and purpose. An attorney should be fully aware of the reasonings and fully knowledgeable in non-disparagement settlement clauses..

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ems-96248.html

seems you are very active on this forum at closing and editing threads?
Old 11-12-2015, 08:41 PM   #4
Who Dares, Wins

That is what someone on the site team would be tasked with if needed...

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 11-12-2015, 08:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
That is what someone on the site team would be tasked with if needed...
but wouldn't that just be someones opinion of whats right or wrong to post?

/
Old 11-12-2015, 08:45 PM   #6
Who Dares, Wins

It would be, but it is not our site and not our place to decide what is right or wrong.. It would be the site owners or those set to monitor it. No right to free speech here. If they do not like what they see they can do what they want.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 11-12-2015, 09:04 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by toslow View Post
but wouldn't that just be someones opinion of whats right or wrong to post?
/
The site team are called scrubbing bubbles, our motto is we work hard so you don't have to.

As also explained in the site guidelines,

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ork&page=rules

Site Management & Member Concerns: If we feel site rules are violated we may remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or restrict account access. Abuse toward our administrators or moderators may result in suspension of your account. Complaints about a moderator's decision regarding a particular post are not to be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned or any other member of our site team. Do not repost deleted material. This forum is largely self-policing, which means that moderators will respond and react to problems reported through the REPORT POST option, via the CONTACT FORM at the bottom of each page, or via PM. Do not hesitate to use these tools to report any problems regarding the forum.

and

Someone has to interpret these guidelines and how they apply to this forum. Ultimately it's up to our site moderators and administrator to make this decision. If you have any questions about these guidelines, please feel free to contact a moderator or administrator. Thanks to everyone for keeping the tone appropriate for a group of friends, at least the vast majority of the time. Please keep it up!

Normally, we don't use the open forums to discuss site team actions, but sense there may be some members who are not aware of the inner workings, so are going to keep this one open as long as it adheres to the guidelines.

The site team is not one person, but a committee of 13. We usually discuss matters between the team, before taking an action, unless it's something that has to be took care of immediately (spam, cursing, sexual references, etc).

Even then, we usually just unapprove the thread/post, to take it out of everyone's view, until we can discuss it.

Any time a post is reported by a member (or any member of the site team), the entire site team receives a notification about it, and we open a dialog amongst the team to discuss the best course of action to take. So it's usually a consensus reached by the site team, and not by any one particular person. However, someone on the site team has to actually post the decision reached. It varies, depending on who volunteers to write up the consensus reached. All of this discussion goes on behind the scenes, and is extremely time consuming, but works good, and insures our members have the best possible RV forum experience.

We hope our fellow members can understand this and spend their valuable time helping each other, instead of worrying about the things that would take away from their enjoyment here.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:14 PM   #8
Who Dares, Wins

Thank you for your work. I am surprised you all do not have a sock account to purge.. I would not worry about it, but it could avoid feeling the hate.

Thank you all for the great site.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 11-12-2015, 09:33 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Thank you for your work. I am surprised you all do not have a sock account to purge.. I would not worry about it, but it could avoid feeling the hate.

Thank you all for the great site.

I'd like to address this... it's true that at some forums the site team uses a special "board admin" account to manage problems so that they can remain anonymous but here we don't do this and there are some simple but important reasons for this.

Site team members are also respected members of the community - they are RV'ers and not just invisible hall monitors

The site team works as a committee providing a system of checks and balances. If one member is inclined to be restrictive, another will be just as inclined to be lenient. We often debate an issue prior to taking action and in this manner usually arrive at a reasonable and moderate solution. Hiding behind an admin account sometimes removes accountability and encourages haste over fairness. This process is important to us and we own our decisions.

This process takes a little time especially because site team members are volunteers. We work hard at transparency and fairness but also recognize that sometimes folks have their own agendas and may use the forum to those ends. For this reason we have a fairly extensive set of board guidelines and they are displayed to members as they register. The site team manages the board to the standards laid out in those site rules.

Finally - most issues the site team deals with are reported by community members - we are reactive rather than cruising for problems. We want the board to be informative, fun and collegial and hope that the way we manage it builds this environment.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:33 PM   #10

Thanks to the moderators for what you do........ and all the comments you would like to make but can not ............

I do not feel there is any problem posting a complaint but it is how you go about it...... there are lines in the sand that can be crossed that benefit no one....

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Old 11-12-2015, 09:44 PM   #11
Who Dares, Wins

Janet H, I do not know who you all are (the 13) but I know that you are all respected and the right people to do the job. Otherwise this site would not be the place it is. We have good people contributing and great people monitoring.

I am happy that you all do not hide behind an account. I was just surprised since most people don't want / like conflict.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 11-12-2015, 09:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryo View Post
I noted that you removed a thread re Negative Forest River Corporate Thieves because there was reference to possible legal remedies. Why didn't someone just refer the poster to Good Sam/Trailer Life Action Line??? I too have noted the diminished customer service with Forest River products. We have a 2006 Cedar Creek 36 RLTS. We live approximately 60 miles from Topeka, IN where the Cedar Creeks are built. Until the last couple of years we have had exceptional service from the factory. Suddenly, the new "team" at Cedar Creek has decided not to allow any repair other than warranty repairs. Good luck finding a reputable RV dealer!

I am not sure now what the purpose of your forum is. If RVers cannot share their experiences, both positive & negative, what purpose does this forum serve?

BTW, my wife is an attorney. She was offended by your removal of the above referenced thread. So, I guess if you want to kick me off the Forest River forum, so be it. And also, aren't you building on the Forest River name recognition?? You can post all the disclaimers you want. But, I suspect that one of these days Forest River is going to encourage you to change your name.
Back to the OP's original beef.

You seem to be having some problems with your Cedar Creek -- what are they? Perhaps the forum members can help or, saving that,put you in touch with someone at Cedar Creek that can help you?

(Pardon if it is a day or two before I reply to your response - we are on the road and WiFi/Internet is dicey
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
Old 11-12-2015, 09:56 PM   #13

I am truly sorry that my post offended the site moderators. However, given your statement that there is not free speech on this forum, I truly feel sorry for you. Your intentions may be honorable; and, you may be dedicated to maintaining the integrity of your forum. BUT, given this is the first time I have posted, I can assure that it will be my last. A forum is just a glorified blog with many opinions and requests for assistance throughout the RVer network. While I understand the need to monitor profanity or character assassination, I cannot get past your statement that there is no free speech on the forum. And, quite frankly, I have been an RVer for 40 years so I am well aware of other resources. As Tigger would say: TTFN.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:02 PM   #14
Who Dares, Wins

I am not aware of other sites rules, only belong here, but I have been a part of numerous other non rv forums.. They all all run similar and the same outcome would probably occur. Unless, it was your forum.

Sorry to loose you, there is much to see and learn here.. And what is TTFN? Not up on Tigger lingo! LOL.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 11-12-2015, 10:17 PM   #15

Quote:
I am not aware of other sites rules, only belong here, but I have been a part of numerous other non rv forums.. They all all run similar and the same outcome would probably occur. Unless, it was your forum.

Sorry to loose you, there is much to see and learn here.. And what is TTFN? Not up on Tigger lingo! LOL.

Tah Tah For Now!

I guess I spelled that right.
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Old 11-12-2015, 10:30 PM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Most people at least introduce themselves when new to the forum , unless then have an agenda. ................
Old 11-12-2015, 10:47 PM   #17
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
Tah Tah For Now!

I guess I spelled that right.
Guess I got to get with the times and learn the lingo on the street..

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 11-13-2015, 02:01 AM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Janet H, I do not know who you all are (the 13) but I know that you are all respected and the right people to do the job. Otherwise this site would not be the place it is. We have good people contributing and great people monitoring.

I am happy that you all do not hide behind an account. I was just surprised since most people don't want / like conflict.
Thank you doc73. It is important for all the members of the Forest River Forums family to know how to get into contact with the site team should the need arise.

There is a site team link kept here in this thread, that explains the report post function:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...html#post49626

Also from the main website page that shows all the subforums, right below the Dealer and Product Reviews, there is a "View Forum Leaders" clickable link that will take you to the site team list.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	forum leaders.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	94199  

Old 11-13-2015, 02:16 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Thanks to the moderators for what you do........ and all the comments you would like to make but can not ............

I do not feel there is any problem posting a complaint but it is how you go about it...... there are lines in the sand that can be crossed that benefit no one....
Sand shifts with both wind and wave action. Lines might be obliterated.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:38 AM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryo View Post
However, given your statement that there is not free speech on this forum, I truly feel sorry for you.
This is a pretty general rule for all online forums in my experience. Some are more lenient that others but in the end, somebody is paying money to host the site and if they don't like what you have to say, they can and will prevent you from saying it.

Free speech only applies to protection from the government. Not message board moderators.
Closed Thread