Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2020, 10:02 AM   #1

Firefox Browser Issues??

I use Firefox and suddenly started having issues. The home page will open but when I click on any forum or try to log in, I get a "Problem Loading Page error - The page isn’t redirecting properly and the following:

An error occurred during a connection to Forest River Forums - Forest River Owners Community.

If I click Ctrl + Refresh the page will open after a few tries. Any ideas or help?

Tom
t.simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:05 AM   #2
Site Team

Try emptying your cache and deleting cookies and doing a restart.

Also maybe try a different browser like Chrome to see if you have the same issue there.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:27 AM   #3
Site Team

I'm having no issues with Firefox on my iPhone or my laptop [running 72.0.2 (64-bit) on the laptop].

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:59 AM   #4

I had that problem, too. It started after the last Firefox update and took me a while to figure out. Until I did, I used Chrome to visit the site and it worked fine. I cleard the cache and history and cookies and all of that stuff multiple times. Never made a difference. Then I started messing with the settings and got it working again. (settings is the 3 horizontal lines icon in the upper right corner). Took me a week to figure out what was wrong (at least on my computer).

In Firefox go to settings > options > privacy & security:
1. Check the first setting - - 'enhanced tracking protection' . If it is set for anything other than 'standard', change it back to 'standard'. (mine had been set at 'strict'.)
2. Check the 'history' setting further down the page. Whatever it is set at, change it to 'clear history when Firefox closes'. (mine had been set at 'never remember history'.

Hope this works for you.

P.S. What was/is strange about this problem is that even before I "fixed" Firefox, it still worked fine on other websites. It was/is only this forum where it didn't work correctly with links.
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:57 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies - as Gaston says, this is the only site that I am having issues with. My settings were set to your suggestions and it still isn't working in FF. My gut says it has something to do with the pop up that is showing up at the bottom of the screen. Is that new? FF may be trying to block it and the page load is timing out - just a thought.

I am using MS Edge for this message. If you are a Chrome or Edge user you might be shocked and what else launches when you open them up. When I opened this session in Edge, it opened a "door" to Cnet.com, MSN.com and Microsoft.com. Chrome opens doors to Twitter, Facebook and a travel site. All of these open doors are tracking your searches and web use. Firefox doesn't open any thing. All this comes info from an app called Killer Control Center that monitors wifi use.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:01 PM   #6

Newest Firefox here on two machines w/ no issues .
Old 01-21-2020, 03:04 PM   #7

Pop up blocker was not it. I am getting a certificate error. Let me see if there is an update for FF. Frustrating!
Old 01-21-2020, 03:05 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.simpson View Post
Thanks for the replies - as Gaston says, this is the only site that I am having issues with. My settings were set to your suggestions and it still isn't working in FF. My gut says it has something to do with the pop up that is showing up at the bottom of the screen. Is that new? FF may be trying to block it and the page load is timing out - just a thought.

I am using MS Edge for this message. If you are a Chrome or Edge user you might be shocked and what else launches when you open them up. When I opened this session in Edge, it opened a "door" to Cnet.com, MSN.com and Microsoft.com. Chrome opens doors to Twitter, Facebook and a travel site. All of these open doors are tracking your searches and web use. Firefox doesn't open any thing. All this comes info from an app called Killer Control Center that monitors wifi use.
I use Chrome regularly and never see any of those things.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 03:30 PM   #9

I downloaded the developer version of FF and it still says that the site is not secure, but it does run the site.

Iwritecode - here is a screenshot that I just grabbed with Chrome open. You can see Facebook listed as an open application, except I don't have it open in any tab and I am not logged into FB. Chrome launched it. I blocked the other apps, so they don't show. (I do have dropbox open).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-01-21 152400.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	222142  
Old 01-21-2020, 04:32 PM   #10

I run FF with the setting show above on custom, block all tracking attempts and this site works and I have a feeling I see less advertisements than others as well.
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:07 PM   #11

no problems with mine
cfo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 06:43 PM   #12
Site Team

The recent Firefox update has been a headache for many users. For some folks a reinstall of Firefox seems to help as does disabling browser add-ins. Frankly my best advice is to try chrome. The forum has not changed....
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote

« time | Android app »