Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2021, 04:57 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Lol. I now have an inclination to watch Yosemite Sam after that dagnabbit comment.

Say yer prayers ya long-earred galoot!
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 05:01 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPs37FLH View Post
Say yer prayers ya long-earred galoot!
Ok that's enough, you've done it now. I have to watch my favorite "High Diving Hare".

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 05:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Ok that's enough, you've done it now. I have to watch my favorite "High Diving Hare".

Sorry, that's one of my very favorites too.....couldn't help myself.

However, that quote was actually from another classic with him and bugs, called The Fair-Haired Hare. Sam builds a house on top of Bugs' rabbit hole and the war ensued. Bugs zinged him good, Sam stomps back to the house, kicks in the door and says that line......absolutely laugh so hard at that line and his enraged face.
Old 07-12-2021, 06:12 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammici View Post
If you use the FR app you won’t have these issues.
Or if using a browser get ad blockers, Google hates it!
x2! That's one of the reasons I only use FRF app.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 06:14 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Sorry, that's one of my very favorites too.....couldn't help myself.

However, that quote was actually from another classic with him and bugs, called The Fair-Haired Hare. Sam builds a house on top of Bugs' rabbit hole and the war ensued. Bugs zinged him good, Sam stomps back to the house, kicks in the door and says that line......absolutely laugh so hard at that line and his enraged face.
I'm 67 years old and still watch a ton of Looney Tunes.
My favorites are Bugs and the Tasmanian Devil and the 3 episodes Bugs did with Pete Puma.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 06:17 PM   #26

Use the Brave browser and search with Duck Duck Go.
Roberte52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 06:30 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodGeek View Post
Seems I recall Granpappy Amos (Walter Brennan) saying that quite often on "The Real McCoys".

I seem to remember Ole Jed saying "dagnabit Jethro" quite a bit
Old 07-12-2021, 06:33 PM   #28

Quote:
Nah, your email is never shared from FRF. You probably have something from Google added on to your browser.

FRF privacy policy can be found here.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...k&page=privacy
Don't be so quick to say that.

From your link

This site is being monitored by one or more third-party monitoring software(s), and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service. You may opt-out from the data that https://smart-pixl.com is collecting on your visit through a universal consumer options page located at https://smart-pixl.com/Unsub/unsub.html

We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our website. Google Analytics gathers information about website use by means of cookies. The information gathered relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website. Google's privacy policy is available at: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/

To alert you to special offers, updated information, and other new services from our company and affiliates.

Who decides who is an affiliate?
Old 07-12-2021, 06:35 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDFOR3 View Post
NJKris' experience doesn't bother me as much as when my wife and I discussed (not online) purchasing a product and she got an email from an advertiser a few minutes later.

Yikes! Do you have something like Alexa in your house?
Old 07-12-2021, 06:40 PM   #30

Google has its mitts in everything. Keep in mind, with few exceptions, they don't have a product to sell. You are their product.
That said, I'm not hard to find, but I still don't give them a map. That means I avoid Google. There are alternatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike134 View Post
Don't be so quick to say that.

From your link

This site is being monitored by one or more third-party monitoring software(s), and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service. You may opt-out from the data that https://smart-pixl.com is collecting on your visit through a universal consumer options page located at https://smart-pixl.com/Unsub/unsub.html

We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our website. Google Analytics gathers information about website use by means of cookies. The information gathered relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website. Google's privacy policy is available at: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/

To alert you to special offers, updated information, and other new services from our company and affiliates.

Who decides who is an affiliate?
Old 07-12-2021, 07:48 PM   #31

Quote:
NJKris' experience doesn't bother me as much as when my wife and I discussed (not online) purchasing a product and she got an email from an advertiser a few minutes later.
Joke attachedClick image for larger version

Name:	Alexa Joke.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	258945
Old 07-12-2021, 08:33 PM   #32

Quote:

That’s the magic voice in your house.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 07:28 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
I'm 67 years old and still watch a ton of Looney Tunes.
My favorites are Bugs and the Tasmanian Devil and the 3 episodes Bugs did with Pete Puma.

Ah, yes, so many of these secondary, add in characters, were favorites of mine too. The too few episodes with Marvin the Martian and Black...Jacque...Shellacque! come to mind as some of my top 10 cartoons. Hashtag, "Don't mess with the bunny"
Old 07-13-2021, 10:45 AM   #34
Site Team

Quote:
Ah, yes, so many of these secondary, add in characters, were favorites of mine too. The too few episodes with Marvin the Martian and Black...Jacque...Shellacque! come to mind as some of my top 10 cartoons. Hashtag, "Don't mess with the bunny"
I hope you are happy at my misery. I went to get the looney toons DVD sets out of the closet last night to enjoy me some Yosemite Sam and Foghorn Leghorn.

I couldn't find them as I have several box collections.

I asked my son if he had them in his room and he said his mom took them when we got divorced as he remembers seeing them at her house.

Now I have to decide if it's cheaper to buy new sets or get my attorney back. Thanks

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 12:21 PM   #35

Quote:
I hope you are happy at my misery. I went to get the looney toons DVD sets out of the closet last night to enjoy me some Yosemite Sam and Foghorn Leghorn.

I couldn't find them as I have several box collections.

I asked my son if he had them in his room and he said his mom took them when we got divorced as he remembers seeing them at her house.

Now I have to decide if it's cheaper to buy new sets or get my attorney back. Thanks

Definitely bag the attorney!....they got enough of my divorce money too.

You can buy HD streaming Looney Tunes seasons for $10 on Amazon. But, if you're old school like me, the three volumes of the Platinum Collection can be had on DVD for $75.00....much cheaper than the attorney and money well spent, if you ask me.

https://www.amazon.com/Looney-Tunes-...vies-tv&sr=1-4
Old 07-13-2021, 12:40 PM   #36
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Not a big deal, but if that's what happened, I'm kind of chagrined that the forum is doing that without my permission. Unless I gave permission just by signing up on this site somewhere in the pages long mumbo jumbo 'agreement' I may have consented to.

Just following up here - We don't sell, rent, loan or share member email addresses with advertisers. That said, there are plenty of folks who do and a number of advertising schemes that use your e-mail address from places where they may have partner agreements that include your address. Once cookied, your device is easy to spot surfing the web and this is why you may get an e-mail in this manner.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 01:23 PM   #37
Chris and Cecil

Quote:
That would be either Siri or Alexa. I don't think people realize that Alexa hears everything and sends it back to "home".

And, no, I'm not paranoid. It's true. https://www.amazon.com/is-alexa-always-listening
Old 07-13-2021, 02:02 PM   #38
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Just following up here - We don't sell, rent, loan or share member email addresses with advertisers. That said, there are plenty of folks who do and a number of advertising schemes that use your e-mail address from places where they may have partner agreements that include your address. Once cookied, your device is easy to spot surfing the web and this is why you may get an e-mail in this manner.
Thank you. So clicking on an ad on this forum creates a cookie on your computer, and how does that cookie find your email and send it to the advertiser?
NJKris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 03:03 PM   #39

Fingerprinting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Thank you. So clicking on an ad on this forum creates a cookie on your computer, and how does that cookie find your email and send it to the advertiser?
Any website can use Javascript and find out a bunch of things about your computer. This is called fingerprinting. They can find out enough to just about single out your computer/tablet/phone from the millions out there. Here's a sample--I don't think it's complete--that tells you what it has extracted.
https://webkay.robinlinus.com/ Scroll through the entire page.

And it isn't just the companies you think it is. Forest River Forums and its parent probably don't collect and aggregate this information. But their advertisers can fingerprint your computer and associate it with FRF so the aggregator knows you have an RV.

Companies aggregate this information from multiple sources to build a complete profile. There's a company called Constant Contact that does bulk mailing for thousands of groups. When they send an email, they do some tracking--the one-cell white pixel trick, for example--but if there's an associated file, WATCH OUT. They never send attachments for their clients. As a part of the email process, they store the file on their server and insert a link in the email. When you click that link, your computer sends a huge fingerprint file back to Constant Contact. Their parent company shares the data with 80-90 big companies. I did an analysis on this outfit a year or two ago and was amazed.

Here is the packet from an email I just received from RVupgrades.com. If I clicked any of the links in the ad, this is the fingerprint they would get.
https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001qz0N...I-0-gOvUbITQ==

r20.rs6.net is the re-direct link. After dropping off this packet of information, it sends the browser on to the appropriate RVupgrades page. The link is not determinable from the packet, so you can't circumvent this process.

In looking at all the firms that communicate with me, I discovered that they know (at least) that I read email from many sites, including several which state that they NEVER share information--because they didn't realize what Constant Contact was doing.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 03:19 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1acguy View Post
Yikes! Do you have something like Alexa in your house?
We had Alexa, but unplugged it a few weeks prior.

Tags
forest river