Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2018, 05:37 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDS View Post
However, for this forum to require a uniform face, I.e., profile then it must have the same uniform face across platforms. LOL, fat chance.
Speaking of fat chance... that's the same likelihood that a free forum and its free software will be altered to meet all the "requirements" users can invent. Rumor has it that the FREE green FRF app and the FREE orange Tapatalk app are slimmed down versions of the main site's FREE software - slimmed down to run on smart devices instead of computers. The two apps will likely never do everything the main site software will do. Have you tried accessing the User CP on one of the apps? On my smart phone, I start my Firefox browser and access the full site (sign on once and leave it signed on) so I can use all the full site's function on my smart phone.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:24 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Speaking of fat chance... that's the same likelihood that a free forum and its free software will be altered to meet all the "requirements" users can invent. Rumor has it that the FREE green FRF app and the FREE orange Tapatalk app are slimmed down versions of the main site's FREE software - slimmed down to run on smart devices instead of computers. The two apps will likely never do everything the main site software will do. Have you tried accessing the User CP on one of the apps? On my smart phone, I start my Firefox browser and access the full site (sign on once and leave it signed on) so I can use all the full site's function on my smart phone.

To each their own, but tapatalk is much quicker to navigate in my opinion. I mean I use Firefox if I’m on my computer. But imo tapatalk is much faster and actually more user friendly than using Firefox on my phone. Definitely quicker for checking my replied thread etc when I am on the go......jmo
arter368rlbhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 08:20 PM   #23
Site Team

I think wmtire stated it pretty well in post 13. We won't be making anything mandatory so let's please not get upset and start an argument over something that's not going to happen.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 09:58 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by arter368rlbhk View Post
“Grabs a bag of popcorn” [emoji897]

[emoji23]
Old 02-17-2018, 10:10 PM   #25
Insert witty title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
I think wmtire stated it pretty well in post 13. We won't be making anything mandatory so let's please not get upset and start an argument over something that's not going to happen.

Thank you.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:01 AM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by arter368rlbhk View Post
To each their own, but tapatalk is much quicker to navigate in my opinion. I mean I use Firefox if I’m on my computer. But imo tapatalk is much faster and actually more user friendly than using Firefox on my phone. Definitely quicker for checking my replied thread etc when I am on the go......jmo
Apparently, I didn't make my point clearly. I was addressing WHY the two apps won't do all the functions of the full site...... didn't say the apps shouldn't/couldn't be used. I use Tapatalk extensively for the items you mentioned... but I can't use it for some of the functions I must perform. People seemed to be complaining (oops... I mean reporting) that the apps won't do everything the full site will and I was posting a method they could use on smart devices to get to those "full site only" functions.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:32 AM   #27
PhD, Common Sense

I don’t know if this will help, but here is what I do. It took a while to set up, but I get a lot more valuable reading done in a short period of time. Yes, I probably miss some stuff, but I am already getting more than I can handle.

I use the Forest River Forums app.

I marked all sections on Class A, Class C, pop-up, etc. ignored. I focus on TT and general stuff.

I use the unread button to find anything new since my last visit. When I reach the end, I pull down, and it refreshes. When it refreshes with nothing new, I hit “Mark as Read” from the menu, and the list clears.

Works like a champ with one minor, but annoying, glitch: If there are unread posts in ignored threads, it still adds a thread to the bottom of the list for it, just not the ignored thread. I get a repeat of an earlier thread.

That’s OK. That’s how I know I am at the end of the list, so I can go back to the top, pull down, and refresh.

Works for me. I hope it helps.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote