Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 11:12 PM   #21
Site Team

Several members have suggested that folks may not realize they are posting to old threads and so after some thought we have added a warning of sorts to let members know that they are about to respond to an old thread. Here's the way it works:

You will see an old thread warning at the bottom of the reply editor if the thread has not been posted to in 145 days. You can still post, but will need to check a box affirming that you know it's an old thread before your post will load. Some folks might rather start a new thread instead and this will serve to remind them that this might be a better option.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	frf old posts.jpg
Views:	1858
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	3895  
Old 05-02-2011, 01:31 PM   #22
Site Team

About the thanks button:

The Thanks button is a nice way to show agreement or appreciation for a good post.

Each time you click the thumbs up icon (located in each post), you have the opportunity to leave a comment which the post author can read.

You can access your own thanks comments in your user cp (click on user cp on the upper nav bar) and the last 30 or so will be displayed in the center section of the page under "Latest Thanks received" You can also see stats about how many times you've been thanked.

When you have been thanked you will receive a PM notification containin a link to the details of the comment. If you do not wish to receive this notification you may disable that option in your user cp. >User cp >>edit options >>> Messaging & Notification. be sure to scroll and click save.

Spread the good vibe around, show your appreciation for a good post - give a little thanks
Old 05-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #23

Would be nice if there was ability to use the "thanks" button in the android app.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidrt View Post
Would be nice if there was ability to use the "thanks" button in the android app.

I agree. There are a number of features the apps don't support and while it would be nice... the goal was to keep the apps lean so they would be fast in limited band width. As with most things in life, it's a compromise
Old 07-28-2011, 02:30 PM   #25
Site Team

How to add an image to your signature.

Go to your userCP and find 'Edit Signature" (left side menu)

1. Add text to your signature

2. under Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer. Locate the image on your hard drive by selecting 'browse' that you want to use in your signature. Note the size restrictions as no image will load if this is not met.

3. Click upload. Once you have uploaded the image you shoudl see it display below the signature editor.

4. Place your cursor in the location where you want your image to display in your signature (in the editor box). Click on the link to 'insert signature picture' to add it to your signature. You will see the image code appear in the editor at that location. it looks like this: [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You can click the preview signature button to check that you have your set up just right and then edit again if needed. The preview will appear above the editor.

Some tips:
  • Sig images are wide and not tall - if you need help making an image like this we can help. but will need you to post the base images.
  • Your signature will not display in posts unless you have selected that option when you make the post. There is also a setting in your user CP (options) to display your signature on posts.
  • a number of members like to display an image of the states they've camped in - you can make one of these here: Visited States Map by epgSoft

Click image for larger version

Name:	FR sig instruction.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	7152
Old 06-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #26
Site Team

Files | downloads section

We have a new section of the forum for documents - a library of sorts. Members can upload files, manuals and other items that may be useful for others and over time we can build quite a repository of useful info.

Some things to remember about this section:

• Not all file formats are allowed so you may have to convert your doc to a pdf prior to upload.
  • Please keep file sizes small. Many members can only download files under 3 MB as their isps have limits in place. If you have a large document consider breaking it up into sections and uploading them separately (part I, part II)
  • Do not post copy protected content
  • New uploads are moderated (approve prior to posting) and so there will be some lag time before they are visible
  • Please check to make sure the file you are adding has not already been added by someone else.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #27

Thumbs up Real helpfull

Janet H ; Thank you much for the postings on how to use the sites. It is very helpfull to us new members that would like to ask aor reply and was not real sure how to.

dreamcatcher
Old 03-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #28

Janet, I appreciate the help. Unfortunately I need more ! Guess I didn't grow up in the information age....ha ha. How do I delete one of these replies? It says you can have a max of 50. How do I post a picture on my site from my phone? I don't even know what a URL is.....sorry. I have never used a forum before and am computer challenged to say the least.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:25 AM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunts View Post
Janet, I appreciate the help. Unfortunately I need more ! Guess I didn't grow up in the information age....ha ha. How do I delete one of these replies? It says you can have a max of 50. How do I post a picture on my site from my phone? I don't even know what a URL is.....sorry. I have never used a forum before and am computer challenged to say the least.
You'll get the hang of the forum eventually, be patient.

The 50 reply limit refers to private messages. You can delete these by opening your in box and clicking on the box next to the message then scroll down and select delete.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
How do I post a picture on my site from my phone?
Unfortunately, you cannot post pictures from the App to an Album. You would first need to transfer the pic from the phone to the computer and then add it to the album.

Or, you could use your phone's browser to access the FRF website and then follow the instructions for uploading a picture to an album.

But, do the following if you were asking how to attach a picture to a post or reply. If you are using the smart phone App to see the site (such as on the iPhone)...

hit reply
hit the + symbol at the top of the reply screen
then either Attach From Camera (to take a pic at the time for attachment) or Attach from Photos (to select a photo(s) from the pictures stored on the camera.

Quote:
I don't even know what a URL is.....sorry. I have never used a forum before and am computer challenged to say the least.
The URL is a web address as listed in the bar at the very top of your browser. For example http ://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/ is the URL for the site's home page

Let us know if you need anymore help!

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Old 01-19-2021, 12:49 AM   #31
Site Team

As an FYI, we have tweaked the community site guidelines a little to mirror many of our other RVLife sister sites. Most notable you may read:

1. Do not engage in personal attacks. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, extreme anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, and national origin are not acceptable.

2. Posts containing explicit, obscene or vulgar language, images or links to websites with adult content/images or punctuation marks designed to "trick" our obscenity filter will be removed.

Thank You for your continued support and feel free to contact any of the site team via a private message if you have any questions or concerns.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread

Tags
account help, how to, posting help