Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2019, 09:19 AM   #21

My version of android requires me to first click on a link at the top of the email that allows embedded links to work. When I click on the link, it asks if I want to allow it to operate once or for all emails from the sender.
kpkenn4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:41 AM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
There was a time in the I.T. world when programs and software was fully tested before going operational. It rarely, if ever, needed subsequent repair.
That also requires testers willing and able to actually test things.

I'll code some software and I'll test it to the best of my abilities but I'll typically rely on the people that will be using it everyday to really test it out and basically try to break it before I release it fully.

But when they look at it for 5 minutes and say "it's fine", then I always document that. Then later on when something is broken that should've been caught in the testing phase, I can point to their response and say "You told me it was fine."
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:57 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
That also requires testers willing and able to actually test things.

I'll code some software and I'll test it to the best of my abilities but I'll typically rely on the people that will be using it everyday to really test it out and basically try to break it before I release it fully.

But when they look at it for 5 minutes and say "it's fine", then I always document that. Then later on when something is broken that should've been caught in the testing phase, I can point to their response and say "You told me it was fine."
We had walk-throughs. Peers previewed your software or program, and you had a meeting to go line by line, and have others think of things that could go wrong. Then you went back and fixed all the suggested potential errors.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 02:41 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
We had walk-throughs. Peers previewed your software or program, and you had a meeting to go line by line, and have others think of things that could go wrong. Then you went back and fixed all the suggested potential errors.
Same idea. It's just getting people to commit to the time/effort that it takes to do that. Anymore it's hurry up, get it done and move on to the next thing.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:16 AM   #25

I have not received the FRF Daily email since about mid July. Thought it had been discontinued. That is on my computer using Microsoft Edge. Any suggestions on what to do to get it back?
bdunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:30 AM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdunc View Post
I have not received the FRF Daily email since about mid July. Thought it had been discontinued. That is on my computer using Microsoft Edge. Any suggestions on what to do to get it back?

The email is provided via a third party. One of the first things to always check is to make sure your internet service provide has not decided to mark this email as spam. You can check your emails spam folder to see if this has happened.

I'm trying to write a self-help book but I'm struggling. Any advice?
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:08 AM   #27

No, not in my trash or spam folder.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:00 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
Ever since a recent Android OS update, the FRF daily topic email links no longer open. The FRF green opening splash comes up but the topic doesn't open. Any ideas?
Are you using the Forest River app?

It's been a while since I fixed this, but IIRC, I think I went into the settings on the phone and removed the FR app as the default for opening these links. Once I did that, the links started working again, but now open in my web browser.
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 10:33 AM   #29

No, I'm using my desktop computer not my phone.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:27 PM   #30
MCTroy

I know this is an old thread but it came up when I did a search. Anyone know if the daily updates are still being sent via email? I am getting the newsletter but no daily emails. I checked and they are not in spam..
Anyone getting them now?
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:16 PM   #31
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCTroy View Post
I know this is an old thread but it came up when I did a search. Anyone know if the daily updates are still being sent via email? I am getting the newsletter but no daily emails. I checked and they are not in spam..
Anyone getting them now?
Isnt what you're talking about, from the FROG organization and not from FRF?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:58 PM   #32
NXR

I get a daily email titled "FRF Daily - <nn> New Topics". Is that what you're referring to?

Ray
Old 09-02-2019, 11:31 PM   #33

I am still getting them.

2008 Dodge Durango retired
2015 Salem cruise lite 195bh retired
2021 Cherokee Grey Wolf 26dbh
daybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:09 AM   #34
MCTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
I get a daily email titled "FRF Daily - <nn> New Topics". Is that what you're referring to?

Ray
Yes. Any idea how I can turn this back on?
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote