Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2016, 09:16 PM   #1

Generator sub forum?

This question is for the frf team. Why not create a seperate "generator" sub topic under charging systems? That way maybe we could avoid the "which generator should I get? " three times a week.

2014 Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra "Clifford"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:34 PM   #2

Although I'm not apart of the frf team, I have observed that the presence of a "Towing, Tow Vehicle" forum has not prevented the multitude of redundant questions on this topic so I wonder how much help it will really be :what:
2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Evans View Post
Although I'm not apart of the frf team, I have observed that the presence of a "Towing, Tow Vehicle" forum has not prevented the multitude of redundant questions on this topic so I wonder how much help it will really be :what:
I agree. I think what would help is an easier/better search mechanism. I have a hard time finding threads I know are there. I eventually find them, but it takes awhile and I understand why some folks give up and just start a new thread. Just an idea

Another gripe of mine is that the web version and the mobile version are pretty different. It also chaps me that you can't see most signatures on the mobile version.

And after complaining, I have to say this is one of the best forums out there.. so overall.. GREAT JOB and THANKS to the site team!!!!
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 12:26 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

As much as there are questions about which generator should I get, there really isn't the volume to support a whole new sub forum. If you get too many subforums then it actually can make the forum harder to use less responses to topics.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 07:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
I agree. I think what would help is an easier/better search mechanism. I have a hard time finding threads I know are there. I eventually find them, but it takes awhile and I understand why some folks give up and just start a new thread. Just an idea

Another gripe of mine is that the web version and the mobile version are pretty different. It also chaps me that you can't see most signatures on the mobile version.

And after complaining, I have to say this is one of the best forums out there.. so overall.. GREAT JOB and THANKS to the site team!!!!
x2 - I too have had trouble with the search engine, especially on my mobile device, and ended up asking questions that I knew there were existing threads on but just couldn't find them. And I too agree that this is still the best forum I've seen out of about four/five forums I have experience with.

I think part of the problem, which is a good problem, is that this forum continues to attract new members who still need to learn the ropes and perhaps the more experienced members can respond by gently teaching them how 'search' works and maybe even provide a link to an existing thread that answers their question or can get them going in the right direction.
2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator