Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2014, 09:16 PM   #1
B47

Help request.

Here we go again. I reported this sometime ago and it went away,but it just reappeared.

When I click on the FRF site on my IPad 4,I get a prompt asking if I want to d/l the new FRF app with cancel and accept options.

I click cancel,but then I have to login again. My User ID is auto filled,but I have to reenter my p/w each time.

I don't want the new app and want to know how to get rid of it.

As I said earlier,this same thing happened a couple of weeks ago,but just reappeared.

Help - please.

Thanks
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:37 PM   #2
Always Learning

I don't know anything about the programming of this site, but as a programmer- what you're asking for seems to be special logic:
- if user = "B47", do this thing

As a systems programmer, I avoid specialized logic like the plague. It lends itself to a spaghetti mess and lots of complex testing that has to happen for changes later.

IMO, just scroll past where it is prompting you for the new app and pretend it doesn't exist (much like my take with all website advertisements).

Good luck. Your best bet is to use the "Contact Us" feature at the bottom of the page to get in contact with the folks who are actually responsible for the site (higher up than us moderators).
Old 03-02-2014, 11:15 PM   #3
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I don't know anything about the programming of this site, but as a programmer- what you're asking for seems to be special logic:
- if user = "B47", do this thing

As a systems programmer, I avoid specialized logic like the plague. It lends itself to a spaghetti mess and lots of complex testing that has to happen for changes later.

IMO, just scroll past where it is prompting you for the new app and pretend it doesn't exist (much like my take with all website advertisements).

Good luck. Your best bet is to use the "Contact Us" feature at the bottom of the page to get in contact with the folks who are actually responsible for the site (higher up than us moderators).
I wish I could pretend it doesn't exist,but it does. When I tried to reply to your post by quoting I had to give my User ID as well as my p/w. In addition,I'm getting a prompt asking if I want to receive FRF email direct.

I'll try your suggestion tomorrow.

Thanks.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:41 PM   #4
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
I wish I could pretend it doesn't exist,but it does. When I tried to reply to your post by quoting I had to give my User ID as well as my p/w. In addition,I'm getting a prompt asking if I want to receive FRF email direct.

I'll try your suggestion tomorrow.

Thanks.
You're on your iPad, using the Safari browser, I assume? Are you checking the box for "remember me" when you login?
Old 03-02-2014, 11:44 PM   #5
B47

Quote:
You're on your iPad, using the Safari browser, I assume? Are you checking the box for "remember me" when you login?
Yes - each time.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:53 PM   #6
Always Learning

Ok, then I take back what I said before. I misunderstood the issue. Strange that it isn't remembering credentials.

Can you take and post screenshots of what you're seeing (the upgrade buttons, the login form with just your user ID filled in, etc? (Press the home + lock button at the same time.)
Old 03-02-2014, 11:57 PM   #7
B47

Quote:
Ok, then I take back what I said before. I misunderstood the issue. Strange that it isn't remembering credentials.

Can you take and post screenshots of what you're seeing (the upgrade buttons, the login form with just your user ID filled in, etc? (Press the home + lock button at the same time.)
Let me send you a PM tomorrow afternoon - got something's to do in AM.

I'll do the contact thing first.

Thanks.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:58 PM   #8
Always Learning

Cool beans. Good luck! Sorry about the misunderstanding at first.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:58 PM   #9

Safari may be in Private mode. If the address bar is dark grey it is in private mode.
WY Husker Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:07 AM   #10
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by WY Husker Fan View Post
Safari may be in Private mode. If the address bar is dark grey it is in private mode.
You may have fixed my problem. Here's what I have showing when I hit Private on the Safari:

1. A white screen with FRF shown in a gray box in the upper left corner.

2. The word "Private" shown in blue in the lower left cornet. I have pressed "Private" before,but it doesn't come up or disappear when I do.

3. After pressing "Private" after reading your message, the FRF app hasn't reappeared again yet. And the address bar which was gray is now in color when I Goggle or open other threads.

Question - how do I get rid of the FRF in the gray box?

Question - what's with the "Private" and how do I get rid of it?

Thanks for your help.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:03 AM   #11

I don't know how to get rid of the FRF in the grey box.

As far as the Private button, it is a feature of Safari that if turned on prevents history and cookies. I use it when utilizing public computers or if I want to keep my gift shopping from showing up.

I experienced the same thing you did when I inadvertently left the private feature on. I would have to retype my username and password for the FRF site.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:13 AM   #12
B47

Quote:
I don't know how to get rid of the FRF in the grey box.

As far as the Private button, it is a feature of Safari that if turned on prevents history and cookies. I use it when utilizing public computers or if I want to keep my gift shopping from showing up.

I experienced the same thing you did when I inadvertently left the private feature on. I would have to retype my username and password for the FRF site.
So do you know how to turn the Private on/off?

I might take my IPad back to Best Buy and ask them if you don't know. I'll let you know what they say if/when I do. I still get that page and have to click past it. It's annoying,but not as annoying as dealing with that FRF app.

Once again - Thanks.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #13

To turn Private on and off, just click on the word in the lower left and it will either be highlighted blue and the address bar will be dark which indicates it is on or it will not be highlighted and the address bar will be light indicating Private is off.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #14
B47

Quote:
To turn Private on and off, just click on the word in the lower left and it will either be highlighted blue and the address bar will be dark which indicates it is on or it will not be highlighted and the address bar will be light indicating Private is off.
Thanks - works just like you say. I'll just keep it off. I guess I inadvertently clicked on it without knowing what it did.

I still need to find out how to get rid of that page.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #15
Always Learning

Thanks WY, I learned something new. I've seen the Private thing on my devices but haven't really ever used it.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:18 PM   #16
B47

Quote:
Thanks WY, I learned something new. I've seen the Private thing on my devices but haven't really ever used it.
You and me both. I used it,but didn't know it.