Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2015, 03:42 PM   #21
Site Team
 
Janet H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 3,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
It is your timer server timing out, I get this all the time , it might take 5x's to make it work. Why don't your IT guy or gal get it fixed? it's an aggravating thing. By the way Janet how do I send PM to all moderators at the same time? thanks for your help. Also what is the admin. address? Thank you

You can send me a PM if you have an admin issue or you can use the contact us link at the bottom of the page.

But regarding the images... A 3 meg file is very large and while it's possible to load them, as a courtesy to those on slow connections we ask that you reduce image sizes please.

I don't know that our server is timing out, it could also be your ISP or any number of other variables. I do know that if you upload large images our software will reduce the file sizes some, but there is processing time. If you upload multiple large files to the same post, they may be refused by the server as we have some limits in place to prevent DOS attacks.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:41 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyhillfarm View Post
They blocked you WW. They were afraid you would upload a selfie and scare the widders and orphans.
I scare the kids and confuse the babies! You aren't right BHF!
__________________
Hyper Lite was sold

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:42 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
Dimensions are 4000x3000
2.0 - 3.8 MB or so.

Like I said, sometimes they'll upload just as pretty as you please and lately(the last couple months) it's hit and miss. I'm not doing anything different and haven't changed anything. Some of the pics have been posted before with no problems.

And I am at home with no other devices hooked up.

Do get too technical or you'll lose me.
Full size for the jpegs were 2 meg... I reduced to medium the very small, no help.

ww
__________________
Hyper Lite was sold

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:44 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHanke View Post
If you are in a campground trying to use Wi-Fi with everyone else, that is common. Early morning usually works well. Or try to get park management to reboot the system.
At home on PC on Adsl at 3 Mb/s... on smart phone... verizon 3G.
WW
__________________
Hyper Lite was sold

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:44 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Works fine for me. Later RJD
Nice Monte!
WW
__________________
Hyper Lite was sold

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:46 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
That's a pretty big file...

When an image that size gets loaded our software reduces the file size anyway in deference to mobile users with lower bandwidth. Please try reducing the image size and total file size - keep it under 1 meg if possible. My guess is that the failures are either our server timing out or your provider. Most providers have some throttling in place during high use periods.
I can upload the same pic anywhere else I have tried... Ram forum... facebook, etc. My file size has no bearing on if it fails... everything fails.
WW
__________________
Hyper Lite was sold

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:53 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHanke View Post
Look here: Speakeasy Speed Test - Powered by MegaPath
or here: Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test to see if your Internet provider is delivering what they should.
Also do a full reboot....shut down everything. Restart in this order: modem, router, the pc you want to upload from and later everything else that normally runs. If others share with you, make sure someone is not playing an online game or downloading something at the same time.
Thanks BH, attached speed results from home. Everyone is not considering I can't upload any pictures, from two PCs, and my smart phone, which runs 3G at home on Verizon. I'd show you my screen shot, but....
WW
__________________
Hyper Lite was sold

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:54 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipBruce View Post
My usual method did not work so trying an earlier suggestion. Looks like that worked! Thanks, I learned a new skill
What do you mean CB?
WW
__________________
Hyper Lite was sold

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:59 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
You can send me a PM if you have an admin issue or you can use the contact us link at the bottom of the page.

But regarding the images... A 3 meg file is very large and while it's possible to load them, as a courtesy to those on slow connections we ask that you reduce image sizes please.

I don't know that our server is timing out, it could also be your ISP or any number of other variables. I do know that if you upload large images our software will reduce the file sizes some, but there is processing time. If you upload multiple large files to the same post, they may be refused by the server as we have some limits in place to prevent DOS attacks.
Thanks JH. Like I've said here, file size has nothing to do with it. I can upload one 25K picture and it fails. It fails from verizon wireless on my smart phone as well. Pictures taken on phone and sony camera, it doesnt matter. No pictures can be uploaded at any time. It worked perfectly a week ago, and all of a sudden nothing. If you have an idea for me to try, PM me if you would be so kind.
Thanks, WW
__________________
Hyper Lite was sold

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 10:04 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 10,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Thanks JH. Like I've said here, file size has nothing to do with it. I can upload one 25K picture and it fails. It fails from verizon wireless on my smart phone as well. Pictures taken on phone and sony camera, it doesnt matter. No pictures can be uploaded at any time. It worked perfectly a week ago, and all of a sudden nothing. If you have an idea for me to try, PM me if you would be so kind.
Thanks, WW
I have never changed anything on my end, I have 4g and I still get the time out message 4 out of 5 times. I just keep doing it until it post. It has nothing to do with us and our speed it has to do with the forum IT and capacity. It will just get stuck and won't upload. I have not changed anything in 4 years but all week couldn't upload a picture the first time....
__________________
Coachmen M/H
Concord
2018 / 300 DSC

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 02:15 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Timex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I have never changed anything on my end, I have 4g and I still get the time out message 4 out of 5 times. I just keep doing it until it post. It has nothing to do with us and our speed it has to do with the forum IT and capacity. It will just get stuck and won't upload. I have not changed anything in 4 years but all week couldn't upload a picture the first time....
I'm in the boat with ya!

If I were to reduce the size of the file down to 1 mb, how is that done?
__________________
2012 Flagstaff V Lite 30 WRLTS
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7 Mag Hemi 3.72 Rearaxle
Nights camped 2015 = 23
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 05:07 PM   #32
Site Team
 
Janet H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 3,556
Can those of you who are having trouble post up some info about your systems and who your internet provider is?

image test below: Small, med and large images
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	88919   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0078.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	284.9 KB
ID:	88920  
Attached Images
 
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 05:09 PM   #33
Always Learning
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Four Corners, FL
Posts: 21,732
I had issues last night with the iOS Tapatalk app on an iPhone 6+. It worked for one picture, didn't work 3 or 4 times, and then worked for 2 more.

Internet provider was either AT&T or Verizon. I'm not sure if I was on my hotspot at the time or not.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 05:17 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
B and B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,795
Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
It is your timer server timing out, I get this all the time , it might take 5x's to make it work. Why don't your IT guy or gal get it fixed? it's an aggravating thing. By the way Janet how do I send PM to all moderators at the same time? thanks for your help. Also what is the admin. address? Thank you
I agree with Glenn. The server times out. Last weekend on a LTE connection no problems updating dropbox or installing patches on CC 2015. The FRF site would not allow me to upload a 50 k cell phone picture. The server constantly gives errors and database errors. There is ad space on this site so paying for more server space or hosting shouldn't be a big issue with all the impressions on the pages here.

In my case Rogers Wireless. Using FRF app running side loaded on a Blackberry Z30. A Macbook Pro using Safari Web browser. Also Windows 10 using Edge Browser. The iPad app using a iPad 4 on Rogers LTE network. The Laptops are running a Rogers Cable Internet connection 100 meg down and 15 meg up.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 05:19 PM   #35
Always Learning
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Four Corners, FL
Posts: 21,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
There is ad space on this site so paying for more server space or hosting shouldn't be a big issue with all the impressions on the pages here.
Not to derail the thread, but those ads aren't paid on impression, they're actual clicks. Worse news for forums - ad clicks for "regular" sites are usually only around 2%, but a forum is usually in the < 0.5% range.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:11 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Timex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Can those of you who are having trouble post up some info about your systems and who your internet provider is?

image test below: Small, med and large images
AT&T DSL (can't lie about what speed because I don't know)
Explorer 8.1

But I was able to watch some YouTube this afternoon will only a little buffering.

Just tried a pic that was 1.87 MB and it failed. If I were to make the pics "smaller", how do you do that?
__________________
2012 Flagstaff V Lite 30 WRLTS
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7 Mag Hemi 3.72 Rearaxle
Nights camped 2015 = 23
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:46 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
AT&T DSL (can't lie about what speed because I don't know)
Explorer 8.1

But I was able to watch some YouTube this afternoon will only a little buffering.

Just tried a pic that was 1.87 MB and it failed. If I were to make the pics "smaller", how do you do that?
Hey T, I have a free version of Light Image Resizer. You can change various image files to what you want.
WW
__________________
Hyper Lite was sold

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:56 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,275
Hey Janet H,
You said something about a "denial of service" attack. I'm fully aware of what this is. What if the FRF systems considered that when I uploaded 4 pictures (hypothetically speaking) and after defending itself, my account or my email IP address was flagged? Would it permanently block me? Can this be referred your service provider or the tech who manages router/firewall/servers, please?

My provider is Windstream with adsl at 3.0Mb/s my PC is Windows 8.1 (the other computer Windows 8.2. My cell provider is Straight Talk (Walmart using Verizon network at 3G). I have an Alcatel android. In case it was something in my phone, I blew it away and have no non-google apps in it. No FRF app, nada. If it gets fixed, I will load FRF app again.
WW
__________________
Hyper Lite was sold

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:56 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St Pete/FL
Posts: 347
I usually have problems with pics as well, but it worked today. Took pic with HTC android, sent to email, then saved to document folder on PC. then on forum I went to Advanced, browsed to the folder, clicked on the pic and the jpg was noted next to the browse button and it showed up in my post. Lucky me!
__________________
Dobe Fanatic - Largo, Florida
2012 Flagstaff T12RB A-Frame
DobeFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:00 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Can those of you who are having trouble post up some info about your systems and who your internet provider is?

image test below: Small, med and large images
JanetH, I checked and I have 202 uploaded images @ 24.9M since I joined. Is there a ceiling or max number, or max combined file size?
WW
__________________
Hyper Lite was sold

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pictures

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 AM.