Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2008, 05:27 PM   #1

Jayco Jay Feather

Are we still welcome on this forum even though we are no longer owners of a Forest River product? We tried. When we first joined the forum we had just purchased a Zeppelin 241 that turned out to be a disappointment when we had a major delamination of the front cap (among other things). We then bought a used 2004 Sunseeker 3100. We were disappointed in it also. I guess we had spent too many years with pull-arounds and really preferred the concept. Prior to the Zep, we had owned a Jayco 296FBS that we had owned for several years and really loved. It was getting old (we lived in it while we built two houses) and it always pushed the GVWR of our Suburban (that we also love), hence the Zep. So, we are back with a Jayco product (29D), that is the same size as the 296 but 900 lbs lighter, and has an excellent floor plan. We don't want to leave the forum as so many contributors have been so helpful in the past. As many subjects for discussion are brand independent we hope we are still welcome!?
Ed and Carole Gillaspy

f
edcaroleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:15 PM   #2

Yes, Ed and Carole. You're very welcome here. Congrats on your new purchase.

As you know, we have forums for brands, other than, Forest River.
Guess we can talk MRimmer(Mike) into starting a Jayco forum.

Hope this one works out for you guys. As always, pictures would be nice.

Happy Camping,
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:27 PM   #3

Absolutely. We love having you here no matter what you have. You are always welcome and always will be.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:32 AM   #4

Now who would end a long friendship over something like the type of Rv you sleep in? It's how you are the time your awake that matters. Forest River is just a name, Friendships are a BOND.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:40 AM   #5

The above says it all. As members change brands just let us know and we will add the brand to the oter brands area. Jayco has been added this morning.

Thanks for staying and CONGRATS on the new rig.

Mike
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:30 PM   #6

Smile

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!! I would include pictures if I knew how!
edcaroleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by edcaroleg View Post
Thanks to all for the warm welcome!! I would include pictures if I knew how!

Try here

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...read.php?t=636

and If that does not work pm me and I will help you.

Mike
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:25 PM   #8

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
Quote:
Originally Posted by edcaroleg View Post
Are we still welcome on this forum even though we are no longer owners of a Forest River product? We tried. When we first joined the forum we had just purchased a Zeppelin 241 that turned out to be a disappointment when we had a major delamination of the front cap (among other things). We then bought a used 2004 Sunseeker 3100. We were disappointed in it also. I guess we had spent too many years with pull-arounds and really preferred the concept. Prior to the Zep, we had owned a Jayco 296FBS that we had owned for several years and really loved. It was getting old (we lived in it while we built two houses) and it always pushed the GVWR of our Suburban (that we also love), hence the Zep. So, we are back with a Jayco product (29D), that is the same size as the 296 but 900 lbs lighter, and has an excellent floor plan. We don't want to leave the forum as so many contributors have been so helpful in the past. As many subjects for discussion are brand independent we hope we are still welcome!?
Ed and Carole Gillaspy

f
AS the others have said, you're more than welcome. However they forgot to point out that you have to buy the beer.

Oure previous trailer was a Fleetwood Terry and you're right, many of the discussions here are relevant to all the makes, especially with so many common components.

83 sweet sweet days camped in 2008 - not easy in my neck of the woods!
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote