Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2015, 12:44 PM   #21

My vote is for a "MBZ Sprinter" category." This will include ALL the diesel Sprinter chassis categories of the various models.
I own a 2014 Solera and am always interested in Sprinter specific info.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:07 PM   #22

I've just purchased my new MBS sunseeker and would benifit from other members having similar issues, endless surfing makes me grumpy.
bjmosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:22 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

It is not so much that we are still debating whether or not to revamp the MH forum but more how to rearrange the MH forum in a way that works for everyone and then figure out how to handle what to do with the old posts. We appreciate your patience as we try to figure out how to improve the forum for you in a positive way and then get it presented to the tech division.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:49 AM   #24

Just go ahead and rename the group MBS Solera/Sunseeker/Forester already. If you look into the Forester & Sunseeker forums, you will see more and more MBS-specific posts and as several others have already stated, we have to look in 3 separate forums for info. Your delay is causing confusion among new MBS owners and you're diluting the fantastic info in Solera and causing it to be spread among 2 other forums now. Every day you delay it gets worse.
khocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:06 AM   #25

Just found this thread. For the past year I have been posting and looking at the Solera forum for information on my Sunseeker MBS. Renaming the Solera forum to some MBS name would be beneficial to all MBS based owners.
SSmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:02 PM   #26

I agree completely on the name change of Solera to MBS Sprinter.

I also need to look at 3 forums (Solera, Forester, and Sunseeker) to find information on the MBS Sprinter motorhomes and some of it is regarding the gas chassis motorhomes so not always pertinent to the diesel issues.

These forums were great for us as we were shopping and deciding on what to order. We pick up our 2016 Forester MBS 2401W next week and know that we will continue to read and post, and would like to have a specific MBS sprinter site to do so.

Thank you for your consideration.
ValleyRoad50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 06:55 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlvr View Post
My vote is for a "MBZ Sprinter" category." This will include ALL the diesel Sprinter chassis categories of the various models.
I own a 2014 Solera and am always interested in Sprinter specific info.
And that is what has just been done !!

If you have a specific MBS chassis issue, you can post here: Mercedes Benz Sprinter Chassis - Forest River Forums

If there are coach posts, post to the individual forums for the make. Also, regarding gas chassis issues, also post to the individual forums for the make.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 07:43 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGuy View Post
And that is what has just been done !!

If you have a specific MBS chassis issue, you can post here: Mercedes Benz Sprinter Chassis - Forest River Forums

If there are coach posts, post to the individual forums for the make. Also, regarding gas chassis issues, also post to the individual forums for the make.
Thank you....
Old 11-16-2015, 07:47 PM   #29
Site Team

We are moving threads over into it, as we speak.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:03 AM   #30

I'm glad to see this, but I can't get the link to open. Where is the thread located (main forum heading)?
CharSolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:05 AM   #31
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharSolera View Post
I'm glad to see this, but I can't get the link to open. Where is the thread located (main forum heading)?
It's in the motorhome section.

Try this link:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f242/

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:15 AM   #32

Weird. Can't get either of the links to open on my phone or tablet and can't see the forum listed under 'motorhomes.' Thank you for the speedy reply. I'll try later from my laptop.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:28 AM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Weird. Can't get either of the links to open on my phone or tablet and can't see the forum listed under 'motorhomes.' Thank you for the speedy reply. I'll try later from my laptop.
Thanks for letting us know about this, so we can look into it.

Old 11-17-2015, 03:06 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Hmmm, both wmtire's and my link open OK on my desktop. Might just be a phone or tablet thing. Just go to the Motor Home forum, and you should see the new MBS subforum.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:18 PM   #35

It shows up on my phone now, but still not on the tablet.
Old 11-18-2015, 03:05 PM   #36
Site Team

Please try cycling your device off and then on or even emptying your cache.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 05:14 PM   #37
Site Team

As you may have seen, we created a MBS subforum, but this still isn't really accomplishing the goal, which is to have the Mercedes Benz models together, so that that the members can ask questions and share collective wisdom without having to peruse several different forums.

We are still tweaking on this, and trying to find a way to make it work best. There doesn't seem to be a "perfect" solution.

The title of the subsection needs to be as simple and short as possible, yet guide newbies there from the name also.

Let me run this idea by ya. Since it appears all the Forest River Class C diesels are only using the Mercedes Benz chassis types, would it work to just make ONE subsection and name it "ALL Class C diesels"?

This would include all of the Solera topics and it's rebadged MBS variants of the Sunseeker and Forester...and also include the diesel Coachmen and Prism? We also have the Dynamax Isata 3 built on the MBS, which could be put in the ALL Class C diesels section.

Isata 3 Motorhomes by Forest River RV

The thinking is, that anyone who owns a Class C diesel, will know they have a diesel..... and by not having brand names in the title, it should not confuse them on where to post appropriately (although it will still happen, but it does on many other subjects too)

Thoughts?

Old 11-28-2015, 09:22 PM   #38
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Thoughts?
That sounds like a much better solution to me. Keeping all the Class C Diesels in one place will make it easier for everyone.
Old 11-28-2015, 11:37 PM   #39

Not sure about Dynamax in with the other 3 almost identical units. Dynamax is a division of FR but Coachmen is also a division of FR so do you include the Prism too? Some of these "division of FR" have their own forums as I believe Coachmen does. It is my understanding that Dynamax and Coachmen have different construction and separate manufacturing facilities.
SSmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:28 AM   #40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmbs View Post
Not sure about Dynamax in with the other 3 almost identical units. Dynamax is a division of FR but Coachmen is also a division of FR so do you include the Prism too? Some of these "division of FR" have their own forums as I believe Coachmen does. It is my understanding that Dynamax and Coachmen have different construction and separate manufacturing facilities.
And this is the crux. If we get hung up on the brand names thing again, then Forester and Sunseeker, along with the Solera...all have their own forums as does Dynamax, Coachmen, etc.

What we are attempting to do is NOT necessarily attempt to put an almost unworkable and confusing situation of EXACT identical models in one forum called the MBS.... but group ALL the Class C diesels together since they are ALL on Mercedes Benz chassis...and thus share that similiarity.

It seems if we can't get over the brand names using the MBS, then we are going to have to stay with the status quo...and keep each particular brand using the MBS in it's own forum.

Is a Coachmen MBS more similar to your MBS Sunseeker, than a Sunseeker on a Ford Chassis is?