Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2018, 08:30 PM   #1
Site Team

New Classifieds Page Today!

We have been busy building a new classifieds page for FRF and today it's live although we're still tweaking the page. You can see the tab at the top of the page: https://www.forestriverclassifieds.com/

Here's some basic info about using this page:

Posting ads:
Any FRF member can post a new ad or respond to an existing on and there is no charge.
Ads are posted via the new page but not by using forum threads. Folks can post responses on those ads and use the messaging features on the classifieds page to ask a seller questions.

When a new ad is posted a new thread will be created in the new classifieds forum automatically. It will include a link to the ad itself as well as some of the info from the ad and helps give greater visibility to ads. . There is no "new thread" button in the classifieds forum however as all ads should be placed from the classifieds page.

Logging into the classifieds page:
There is a login button and you can login with your usual info. Tick the 'stay logged in button'

Two-factor authentication:
In order to post an ad for the first time you will need to verify your account via sms (we text you a code which you then paste into the verification field). The new requirement of two-factor authentication is a security measure and while we understand it's an extra step it also is a needed security measure. Scammers are a growing problem in the RV footprint and we want to be proactive about this to help keep members safe.

If you are unable to complete this process and contact us via the contact link at the bottom of the page for some help.

Editing Ads:
Members can edit their ads and ad photos or additional text.

Problem ads
There is a button on an ad to report a problem. This will send an alert to the site team who will check out the issue and take and needed action.

We moved ads some recent ads to the new page but older ads will need to be reloaded by members. The old classifieds forums are still displaying but have been closed to further posts. At some point we will hide these entirely.

Ask as you have questions or if you see issues that need to be addressed.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:35 PM   #2
Senior Member - Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
We have been busy building a new classifieds page for FRF and today it's live although we're still tweaking the page. You can see the tab at the top of the page: https://www.forestriverclassifieds.com/

Here's some basic info about using this page:

Posting ads:
Any FRF member can post a new ad or respond to an existing on and there is no charge.
Ads are posted via the new page but not by using forum threads. Folks can post responses on those ads and use the messaging features on the classifieds page to ask a seller questions.

When a new ad is posted a new thread will be created in the new classifieds forum automatically. It will include a link to the ad itself as well as some of the info from the ad and helps give greater visibility to ads. . There is no "new thread" button in the classifieds forum however as all ads should be placed from the classifieds page.

Logging into the classifieds page:
There is a login button and you can login with your usual info. Tick the 'stay logged in button'

Two-factor authentication:
In order to post an ad for the first time you will need to verify your account via sms (we text you a code which you then paste into the verification field). The new requirement of two-factor authentication is a security measure and while we understand it's an extra step it also is a needed security measure. Scammers are a growing problem in the RV footprint and we want to be proactive about this to help keep members safe.

If you are unable to complete this process and contact us via the contact link at the bottom of the page for some help.

Editing Ads:
Members can edit their ads and ad photos or additional text.

Problem ads
There is a button on an ad to report a problem. This will send an alert to the site team who will check out the issue and take and needed action.

We moved ads some recent ads to the new page but older ads will need to be reloaded by members. The old classifieds forums are still displaying but have been closed to further posts. At some point we will hide these entirely.

Ask as you have questions or if you see issues that need to be addressed.
I like the new Classified Ad set-up. I was caught off guard when the system stripped out special characters such as # and ( ) and - I copied in text form Word and the system dropped a lot of spaces in the text which required re-editing. Overall not a big deal, just something posters need to be aware of and correct as desired.
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar, base plates, diode kit
SMI Stay-IN-Play Duo auxiliary braking system
25' Off shore blue water fishing boat
CA Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:12 AM   #3

Any chance of going back to the old classifieds layout? I don't like the new one at all. What was wrong with it anyway?
Old 01-04-2019, 02:22 PM   #4

Trailers for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirledpeaz View Post
Any chance of going back to the old classifieds layout? I don't like the new one at all. What was wrong with it anyway?
I agree. Where is the ad I place a while back? Have you intentionally deleted some of the older ads?

Mo Sherrill
moshe1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:44 PM   #5
Site Team

Site admins posted several messages prior to the transition that stated that newer ads would be ported over to the new classified page however older ads would need to be reposted.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Site admins posted several messages prior to the transition that stated that newer ads would be ported over to the new classified page however older ads would need to be reposted.
OK, I guess I didn't see the prior messages that said I need to repost my ad. I will do that. Thanks.

Mo Sherrill
moshe1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:30 PM   #7
Site Team

The good news is that you can edit, update and more easily add images.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 04:10 PM   #8

How do you do the 2 step verification to be able to post?

Thanks

Tom
2LaneLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 04:48 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LaneLiving View Post
How do you do the 2 step verification to be able to post?

Thanks

Tom
Are you using the link to start a classified ad that is shown in the very first post of this thread you are posting in? You cannot start an ad in the classifieds subforum, but have to use the link in the first post above. You also have to log in at that link too.

The two factor authentication is also explained in the OP above too.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 10:32 AM   #10

H9w do I post an ad for PA
Maple City Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 12:25 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple City Camper View Post
H9w do I post an ad for PA
Post #1 at the top of this thread explains how to do this.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote