Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2016, 11:07 AM   #1
Site Team

New Feature - Forest River Registry

We have a new feature to enable members to document their rig and modifications; The Registry.

It's searchable, editable and a great way to document gear and modifications (or get ideas for future projects). Members can build out entries over time, edit them and control privacy. As the database grows it will be a nice resource for the community. Here's an example so you can get an idea of how this page will look with your rig in it. http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...hicle&v=1001ml

Look for the link to the Registry on the upper nav bar or the tab at the top of the page.

When you add a new entry to the Registry a corresponding thread will be started automatically in the new registry comment forum so that folks can ask questions or make comments.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FRF_reg.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	121037
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:58 PM   #2
Site Team

Couple of questions / comments. I tried linking to my Flickr account and received an error for non-supported format using Flikr's supplied URL. Flikr's URL does not provide the image type.

Also when uploading images from my Mac if I clicked on them to see how they looked a pop up box appears to Delete the images. I found I had to do a "Save Changes and Preview" to check my images. Not a big issue but I had to play with that one a little to figure it out.

This is a nice feature!
Old 09-23-2016, 01:06 PM   #3
Site Team

if you open the flicker image in a new tab and then right click on it you should see an option to copy link. If it ends in .jpg , jpeg, gif or png it should work. Your file also has to be publicly visible.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:27 PM   #4
Site Team

I did a little digging on the Flickr issue. it looks like they have changed up their TOS and linking scheme - you can read about that here: https://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en...7650095661046/

Direct upload of images is probably best.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:43 PM   #5
Always Learning

Is anything going to be done for app users? Right now you just see a very cryptic looking message.

Name:	IMG_5787.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	121082

Name:	IMG_5788.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	121083
Old 09-23-2016, 05:20 PM   #6
Site Team

Probably not very quickly. The app is designed to be lean and unfortunately not every part of the site works well on mobile..
Old 09-23-2016, 05:41 PM   #7
Always Learning

Is it possible to exclude that forum from the "unread posts" on the app?
Old 09-24-2016, 04:21 PM   #8

Question Question

I just posted photos on my registry and some were turned side ways , question is how can we turn them back to the the way the photo was taken
14 CC 38CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:58 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

The best way is to download/save the sideways pictures, edit them on your device to turn them the correct way and then reload them back into the site to replace the sideways pictures. It is a pain, I know as I too frequently struggle with this issue when I upload from my iPhone.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 02:53 PM   #10
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

Possibly change the name default

When I first completed my registry I made up a name for my 5th wheel because I don't usually name my vehicles. When looking at 'All Registry's' I see that the default under the picture is 'forum name' and underneath appears 'RV Name'. I thought mine looked dumb, so I went back and deleted it such that 'RV Name' is blank. Now when you look 'All Registry's' you see my trailer's Year, Make,Model below my 'Forum Name'.

I think having the year/make/model as the default is a much better idea then having 'RV Name'. As I've watched the number of Registry entries grow over the last few days, I'm curious to see what others have put out there. I find it much more informative to see their year/make/model on that 'All Registry's' screen. I'm not an advocate of eliminating the 'RV Name' field, I just think it shouldn't be the default on a screen that is basically an index of all registries.

Lastly, why not have the 'All Registries' screen sort my model year field.
Maxxis 235/80/16E; AirBags w/AirLift1; mor/Ryde Rubber Pinbox; Andersen UltimateII Alum. 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset; LCI Ground Control3; King Dishtailgater; Traveling with 10' Portabote;
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river