Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #1
Infractee

New forum/sub forum?

Just a quick thought, why not have an entire forum section devoted to newbies to answer the questions that get asked over and over again?
Could have sticky post on winterizing and de-winterizing, a basic must have list, PDI sheets, tow calculators, etc etc. Was thinking it may be more beneficial for all if there was a repository for the wealth of information that this forum has to be located in one area that the new forum member will be able to easily identify and locate.

Just throwin it out there.
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:53 PM   #2

Click on the Library link above between User CP and FAQ. Everything you just asked for is in there.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:24 PM   #3
Infractee

Problem is, I am using the FR App, as many do now, there is no library link between user cp and faq buttons because those buttons do not exist on mobile.
Maybe I did not explain my thought well enough, I have been known to be kinda slow so let me try again.
There is no "Newbie" forum. Again, the info is all here, I know that. The problem is it is not all in a single forum for new people who have not a clue what a user cp is etc.

We have forums for jokes, financial, campgrounds, off topic etc etc, just seems like a no brainer to have one labeled "Newbie" or "first time camper owner" or somesuch. It might help with the inundation of how to winterize threads in the fall and how to dewinterize threads in the spring
Like I said, just an idea on maybe a better way to get info to people a little more easily.
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:06 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

RhoZeta, thanks for your suggestion. I think its a case where the forums try to avoid too much duplication. Also, the work involved with identifying those threads that might be of interest to a "newby" and consolidating them into one subforum is a bit daunting.

If it helps, there are several areas that try to address the issues you brought up and are accessible though the App:

Forest River FAQs - Forest River Forums for frequently Asked Questions including winterizing

Tips and Tricks - Forest River Forums for tips that many beginners could find useful

Useful Links - Forest River Forums helpful links

And, finally, the search engine. Which, admittedly, is clunky on the app, but still useable.

Having said all of that - I will bring up your suggestions to the site team for further discussion to see if there is anything more that we can do. Thanks again for the suggestions

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:46 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoZeta View Post
Just a quick thought, why not have an entire forum section devoted to newbies to answer the questions that get asked over and over again?
Could have sticky post on winterizing and de-winterizing, a basic must have list, PDI sheets, tow calculators, etc etc. Was thinking it may be more beneficial for all if there was a repository for the wealth of information that this forum has to be located in one area that the new forum member will be able to easily identify and locate.

Just throwin it out there.

Yep, as Triguy stated, the FAQ section is purposefully set up for this reason.... and probably has all of this information in it currently.

Forest River FAQs - Forest River Forums

Here are some screenshots that show the abundance of information there as well as the subforums:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	faq1.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	59928   Click image for larger version

Name:	faq2.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	59929  

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote