First, double check your thread subscriptions by going here from a browser (either Safari or from your computer):
List Thread Subscriptions
You essentially want to unsubscribe from anything that you don't care about.
Then you need to change your future subscription settings so that it doesn't automatically subscribe to things:
You want to change your "Default Thread Subscription Mode:" to "Do Not Subscribe".
Finally, I've found that my iPhone seems to tell me the same prompts over and over. To resolve that:
- Pull down from the top of the screen to see your notifications
- Click the "All" option at the top
- Scroll down to the "FRF" app
- Click the "X" in a circle to the right
- It changes to a "Clear" button, click that