Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2017, 01:29 PM   #1

Not helpful

Dear community,
I just asked a valid question and I got a snarky, sarcastic, unhelpful response. Is this how the community is? If so, o will be leaving it.
Pam
Pamrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:34 PM   #2

Yep, I've found many jerks on here. That's why I rarely ask questions. Just wander around and see the carnage.

Having said that, there are many helpful people here, but the not helpful ones are very loud.
2016 Ford F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke DRW 4X4
2016 Brookstone 395RL
dwayneb236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:37 PM   #3
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Many posts are open to interpretation, right and wrong. What was your question? Or what is the link to the post?
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:39 PM   #4

I have found a lot of helpful people on here more so then not, most are pretty friendly.

And the person did answer your question, don't have your camper parked flat have it at an angle (like you do your awning) so the snow can run off and not just sit there.

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamrv View Post
Dear community,
I just asked a valid question and I got a snarky, sarcastic, unhelpful response. Is this how the community is? If so, o will be leaving it.
Pam
It is how some here are, it is not the norm. "The Community" is not defined, too vague......... this is a great place to learn info, hope you stay to learn best you can.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:40 PM   #6
llr

I just read the other thread and don't see it that way. Most people are helpful on hear but there is always a few...

I think he was asking for more details and provided general suggestions. a model number and description of what "bad" is would help.

campers a generally designed to handle the snow load without an issue, however if you "bad" roof is severely damaged then is is hard to guess.
TV 2024 F350 DRW - on order
Prior TV 2017 F150 6.5' bed 3.5 Eco-boost Max tow 1800lbs payload
llr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:42 PM   #7
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

O.k. I found it. I think if you included more detail such as to the extent of what you're considering a bad roof. A bad roof can be anything from worn material to missing material with rotted plywood.
As for the trusses, they very well may be wood. As long as you have NO roof rot (rotted wood) it will hold snow load fine. Mine sits out all year in NJ with no issues.
Hope this helps.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:45 PM   #8

These posts can be like reading text messages. Sometimes what someone means is not how it comes out when it is typed. I have often miss understood my wife's text messages to mean one thing when she meant something else. That said, there are some that can be rude and act like you should already know the answer. Those are the few that I just ignore. I have received a lot of great information from some great people on this forum. Don't let one bad egg spoil it for you.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:47 PM   #9

Pam, this is a community and it's free to anyone. Yes you get the get the "smarter than you" people that like showing off to feel better. On the other side of the coin perhaps the poster did not realize that this was your first post which normally means the you are new to all of this, which now should have the responder looking harder at the intent of your question. The forum is made up of people so yes you will a joker or worse every now and then. There are some smart folks here that have good info to share. Hang around and look at the different sub forums here for you topic of interest.

Safe travels
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:47 PM   #10

Well, I had to search for your post, since you didn't provide a link.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...on-144798.html

First I am neither defending nor disparaging any answer; I'm just making some observations. (And I hope you don't take this response as "snarky.)

Your first question regarded how the roof of your TT was designed regarding aluminum beams. You stated your TT was a 1999 model (so it's 19 yrs old); finding someone who may be familiar with how the roof is built for a TT that old will be difficult to begin with, especially since you did NOT post what specific model it is. (Maybe you don't know?)

Your second question asked if the roof could handle the weight of a heavy snow if it was kept dry. You asked this question after stating that it has "a bad roof." Since you didn't describe exactly how your roof is "bad," I'm not sure how you expect anyone on this forum to be able to answer your question. Without knowing the extent of the damage, it would seem like "bad roof" and "heavy snow" would not go together. Hence why you probably got the response that you got, including the perfectly reasonable advice to tip the trailer.

Very often on this forum, especially with newbies asking questions, they don't provide nearly enough info on their problem and we end up having to ask them for more. Info usually needed includes model year, manufacturer, model number. For things like furnaces, fridges and hot water heaters, we need maker and model number. For damage, we need to know the extent of the damage.

Hope this helps. Perhaps you want to go back to your original post and provide some additional information. Pics might help, too.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamrv View Post
Dear community,
Pam
Looked at your question post and can't find any fault with the response. What is it you were looking for? A preventive measure for your dilemma was presented. If it's not what you wanted to hear then another entry with more detail may have clarified what you were seeking. Don't be so negative.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:57 PM   #12
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Well, I had to search for your post, since you didn't provide a link.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...on-144798.html

First I am neither defending nor disparaging any answer; I'm just making some observations. (And I hope you don't take this response as "snarky.)

Your first question regarded how the roof of your TT was designed regarding aluminum beams. You stated your TT was a 1999 model (so it's 19 yrs old); finding someone who may be familiar with how the roof is built for a TT that old will be difficult to begin with, especially since you did NOT post what specific model it is. (Maybe you don't know?)

Your second question asked if the roof could handle the weight of a heavy snow if it was kept dry. You asked this question after stating that it has "a bad roof." Since you didn't describe exactly how your roof is "bad," I'm not sure how you expect anyone on this forum to be able to answer your question. Without knowing the extent of the damage, it would seem like "bad roof" and "heavy snow" would not go together. Hence why you probably got the response that you got, including the perfectly reasonable advice to tip the trailer.

Very often on this forum, especially with newbies asking questions, they don't provide nearly enough info on their problem and we end up having to ask them for more. Info usually needed includes model year, manufacturer, model number. For things like furnaces, fridges and hot water heaters, we need maker and model number.

Hope this helps. Perhaps you want to go back to your original post and provide some additional information. Pics might help, too.
^^X2^^... well said.

To the OP... you have 2 posts.
That doesn't mean you haven't spent much time here but maybe it does?
There are LOTS of good folks here with plenty of excellent advice.
I'll ask you to please spend a little more time evaluating this forum before you come to any conclusions as to how every one of your posts might be answered.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:00 PM   #13

Just to add a point............I have received some VERY good information from folks whose posts were 'snarky' and probably being sarcastic or such with me. I don't know them, I won't invite them over to my house to eat chicken, I just gleaned what I could from what they said......and it's often a lot.

The world has gotten a tad soft lately, methinks. "Being Offended" is not a capital offense.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 09-19-2017, 02:07 PM   #14
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Just to add a point............I have received some VERY good information from folks whose posts were 'snarky' and probably being sarcastic or such with me. I don't know them, I won't invite them over to my house to eat chicken, I just gleaned what I could from what they said......and it's often a lot.

The world has gotten a tad soft lately, methinks. "Being Offended" is not a capital offense.
I don't like chicken anyways! [emoji12]
Old 09-19-2017, 02:15 PM   #15
Carknocker Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post

I am offended that you are not offended by their offensive answer that offended me!

Sorry, couldn't help my self.

With info given and answers stated in the original post. What other response was possible except to ignore completely. That to me is more of a let down than a smart a@@ answer.
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05CrewDually View Post
I don't like chicken anyways! [emoji12]
I like the thighs.

I want a bumper sticker that says:
"Offend Someone Today. Toughen Them Up"

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 09-19-2017, 02:22 PM   #17

just sayin'....
Attached Images

seagrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:22 PM   #18

Drum sticks and thighs for me.
'69 Chevy C-10, 396BB
alsdas88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:21 PM   #19

We just bought a new camper last weekend. Not a Forest River product. However, I intend to remain an observing member of FRF. Why? Because of the information and help anyone can get on this forum.
That being said, you can get the occasional smart axx response. Ignore them and move on to the responses that are actually helpful.
There are way too many helpful people on here to blow it off after one perceived slight.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote