At this point in time I am going to have to go back to something that Herk mentioned several posts back, there must be something specific to those computers or networks that each of you that are experiencing the problem are running (but also common amongst you).
Here is what I know. Some are running IE10 and one is even running IE8. Those that are running Safari (Mac) or Chrome/FireFox, are not experiencing the problem. I cannot recreate this (believe me I have actually tried six ways from Sunday) problem with IE10.
It might be realted to ads or the Facebook portion of the page, however I have used both with ad-blockers and without, and while logged into FB and not. It is not a compatibility issue as I did not run in compatability mode.
So the question becomes what is the commonality between all of your computers? Well if you wish to procede further here you can all compare patch levels, AV software, and even time on your PC's.
I would also recommend that one of you that is having the problem try this on Chrome and see if you have the same problem.
Because this site does not use SSL there are no certs, so this compounds the problem and points back to something else however sites like FB are highly unlikely to have Cert problems.
Here are some of the things that I did and if any of you want to try these perhaps there will be something that will cure the problem:
- install and ENABLE ad bockers
- reset all defaults on IE settings
- uninstall and reinstall Flash and Java
- Sync your time
- update all security patches via windows update
- restart both browser and computer when asked
- clear cache, history, etc.
- uninstall IE 10 and re-install
- disable AV software temporarily
- disable firewall temporarily
- tried this on multiple computers (one of which had never been on FRF before)
- realized I could have done a lot of other things during this time