Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2010, 08:08 PM   #1

Solera Motorhomes

Would it be possible to get a forum for owners of Forest River Solera motorhomes. Soleras are a new model and I would love to get feedback from other owners about their experiences with them.

I have read a number of posts about quality from motorhome manufacturers and I agree it is certainly lacking. I picked up this motorhome (new) only to discover things like, my tanks level indicators didn't work. The shower door was improperly installed and fell off the track. The radio got no reception. The antenna was not grounded and was hidden between the cab roof and the forward bunk where it is inaccessible. The sewer drain connection point is not aligned with the opening in the bottom of the compartment so it makes dumping a pain. That gem might not be so bad except I have a Rhino hose and the connectors will not fit through the opening unless I disassemble the connection, put the hose through the opening then reassemble it. The dealer fixed the antenna by having an electronic antenna installed on the inside of the windshield. A reasonable solution vs drilling a hole in my fender and putting in a mast. I ended up fixing the shower door and outside compartment doors that leaked. Hopefully the rest of the vehicle is OK. We have only used the MH once, so I am not sure if the tank level indicator is actually fixed or not.
Thanks
George
George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:14 PM   #2

George,

All pretty typical issues with new RVs. Once you get the bugs all worked out you will certainly enjoy it more. The issue with your sewer pipe not lining up with the hole is the same for us, but ours is only off by just a tad so I don't have many issues getting the hose lined up. I may just take the Rotozip to the opening though and take out another 1/4" to make it easier.

I think there should be a disclaimer on RVs that says "Expect problems and if there are none you will be a happy camper right away, otherwise you will be in the same boat with all other new RV owners out there"

We just got ours back from the shop as the refrigerator failed 2 days before our last trip. We spent 10 days out using coolers and ice, what a pain. Fridge is fixed now. However I just noticed that my attempt to level up one of my slides has resulted in one end being about 3/8" lower the the other. Yep I'll be fixing that tomorrow.

Hang in there.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:19 PM   #3

I hear ya.. So many of the things that are broke should be caught/fixed by the dealers, but at least the good dealers make things right in the end.

Congrats on the new rig! I hope you can start enjoying it soon!
TulsaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:59 PM   #4
Site Team

Thanks for mentioning this. We'll take a look at this.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:46 PM   #5
Site Team

As requested, there is a new Solera forum open Solera - Forest River Forums. Who wants the honor of the first post there?
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #6

Solers forum

Thank you Janet for setting up the forum. Hopefully we will hear from others with Soleras.
George