Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2016, 05:06 PM   #1

Something new to me

I have been posting here a little over a year now and wanted to reply to a post and got a message requiring a check box agreement. Is this new or did I just run into a rare post?

The message read:
WARNING - This thread concerns an emotion laden RV topic that has in the past resulted in thread closure, censure, or post moderation due to rule violations. Please refresh yourself with our community rules prior to posting: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ork&page=rules
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:14 PM   #2

This has been around for a while now.

Generally when the topic is a bit touchy.

Politics, TV brands, guns, and other pitfalls of mankind.
Old 03-12-2016, 05:27 PM   #3

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
This has been around for a while now.

Generally when the topic is a bit touchy.

Politics, TV brands, guns, and other pitfalls of mankind.
Understood. IMHO, Might be a good thing to check the OP's first post for this, on a seasonal basis. My limited observation says most touchy posts appear at the end of the camping season and then again just prior to everyone getting out of the starting gate in spring.

I still enjoy reading these posts... I am still learning to communicate as well.

Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:44 PM   #4

I wanted to topic out a thread about the best ice cream, you know Chocolate VS Vanilla VS Strawberry sort of thing.

After much internal debate I decided chancing a third WW was not worth it...

I went with Orange Sherbet......
Old 03-12-2016, 05:49 PM   #5

Ha. I detest censorship, but this is NOT MY SITE! NOT MY RULES! It'd be good for everyone to think on that. What I have learned here is not measurable. It's amazing. I'll follow ANY Rules that they come up with to get to stay here.

I've been warned before, on politics, and such. Mostly it made sense, and I agreed I made a mistake.

Which is a sad thing because I had the dangdest funniest comeback to the locked thread!!! Dagnabit! hahahahaha.......... now I can't post it.
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:02 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
I have been posting here a little over a year now and wanted to reply to a post and got a message requiring a check box agreement. Is this new or did I just run into a rare post?

The message read:
WARNING - This thread concerns an emotion laden RV topic that has in the past resulted in thread closure, censure, or post moderation due to rule violations. Please refresh yourself with our community rules prior to posting: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ork&page=rules
Howdy Wobbles, the thread warning is kinda rare, and for the most part you will not see it on many threads. The warning message you have quoted above, pretty much explains it. If the thread subject, based off of much previous experience here on FRF, is one that usually causes discourse and/or passionate responses that lead to same .... then it will get the warning label to remind everyone to please be respectful of the site guidelines in order to keep the thread active or it will have to be closed, like the previous ones before it eliciting the same responses.

FRF is a friendly community, that is open to any and all. We are also like a huge family. As with all families, there is sometimes differing opinions on things. That happens, but as long as the discussions remain respectful and on topic, then it's no big deal. We all get along and will see each other at the family reunion campouts.

It's when the discussions aren't respectful and violate the "Play Nice" guideline as well as other ones that have been well established to promote friendly discussions, like you would generally expect around a campfire, that the site team is tasked with moderating/editing/closing to ensure it DOES adhere to the guidelines. This thread warning is part of that.

It has been stated above that perhaps "cabin fever" is a root cause for certain things, and it absolutely can be.

Although I cannot speak for everyone, I sincerely hope that all of us FRF members are in agreement that we have a real good family oriented forum that is helpful, as well as respectful to one another. That is due to the high character/morals of the members here.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:12 PM   #7

I also got this warning and was disappointed. Perhaps it is not as rare now. Apparently because the originator of the thread asked if a product was junk. The vast majority of owners readily came to the defense of the product while acknowledging some shortfalls and great expieriences. There is so very little negative or off-color on the site. I was so surprised to get a warning making it difficult to reply The warning seems disrespectful of respect.
updhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:01 AM   #8
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by updhaul View Post
I also got this warning and was disappointed. Perhaps it is not as rare now. Apparently because the originator of the thread asked if a product was junk. The vast majority of owners readily came to the defense of the product while acknowledging some shortfalls and great expieriences. There is so very little negative or off-color on the site. I was so surprised to get a warning making it difficult to reply The warning seems disrespectful of respect.
The problem being that not everyone can or will reply in a civil manner. The warning gives you (that being a generic "you") a chance to reconsider BEFORE getting into to trouble. Unfortunately, even with that warning some people still step way over the line, get their hands slapped and leave a bad feeling all the way around. I kind of like the warning, it gives me a chance to choose my words carefully.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote