Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #21
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Don View Post
So why did I start this thread again??

I think I'll just go back to giving advice about the Banff to Dawson City run and snivelling about Northern Manitoba winters...
(heavy sigh -back of hand clasped to forehead in best drama-queen fashion)
Don I likes you!
U an up northein?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #22

greenliner, have you driven a coach in Europe? The reason I ask is that I remember being in school (London) but taking some trips. The way those drivers handled a big coach on tiny narrow roads impressed the heck out of me.

Yes Triguy, I spent 30+ years driving coaches around first the UK, then across most of mainland Europe before coming across the pond. Most of the tight spots that gave me problems were in rural France, or some of the alpine towns where the roads didn't just go around a corner, but descended 20ft at the same time - same problems now with an RV!!

2005 Ford F150 5.4
2011 Salem 21FBS
greenliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #23

Know this will take up a bit of room, but here is a sample from my other forum :-

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
26-01-13, 07:07 AM #1
ianfromburnham

Working For: burnham information

Burnham-on-Sea
Hi All, im a business and tourism manager in Burnham-on-sea, somerset. If you drivers are heading up or down the M5, come off at J22 and pop into Burnham-on-Sea for your rest. Its only about 1 1/2 miles to the seafront from the M5.

Free Parking for coaches.

Free meal and drink for coach drivers from the following cafe's :

The Pavillion (britains shortest pier), Fortes cafe, Coffee Corner, Mommas Cafe, BOS Cafe, and TA8's.

Free newspaper can be had from Toy Cupboard.

Plenty of small shops for your passengers to browse round in thier short stay. Plenty of larger street / beach entertainment throughout the summer.

I used to be a driver for 7 years so know the importance of where free grub can be found.

Please repost anywhere you drivers talk about gratuities, many thanks and look forward to seeing some of you.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ianfromburnham :
Kevan Portas, OmniExpress, rriggs, Somerset Driver, topper

The red highlighted part actually comes up in a small separate window below the post. The highlighting is my doing

2005 Ford F150 5.4
2011 Salem 21FBS
greenliner is offline   Reply With Quote