Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2014, 09:37 AM   #1

This site ...how does it work

What are the gold stars
Home screen shows I have message...bit I can't find the newest one
I don't know where my inquiries or reply send up

No techy...but learning

Ok...finished typing...but where or where is send?

Thanks

Bryan, Vonnie & Pepper
2012 378 Georgetown

Sent from my iPad
2017 SUNSEEKER MBS 2400W
2013 HONDA FIT SPORT
psgrandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:00 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Bryan! Hope we can help you navigate here.

What are the gold stars - Do you mean these gold stars?

Name:   Capture.JPG
Views: 175
Size:  17.4 KB

If so, those are thread ratings. Not everybody rates a thread.

Home screen shows I have message...bit I can't find the newest one. Do you mean this notice in the upper right corner of the home screen?

Name:   Capture1.JPG
Views: 154
Size:  13.2 KB

If so, then click on Private Messages in the upper right corner and it will bring you to your in-box for the PMs sent to you.

I don't know where my inquiries or reply send up Replying to a thread would end up in a new post within that thread. Replying to a message (PM) would be sent to the person you are sending to.

Ok...finished typing...but where or where is send? In posting to a thread, hit the button "Submit Reply" or "Post Quick Reply" when you are ready to post. With replying to a message (PM) to another member, then press "Submit Message" at the bottom of your reply window.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:04 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Bryan,
Let me know if you need anything or if you had other questions. Also, this thread will help you to navigate the site: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...sics-6778.html

2012 Shamrock 233S
Old 07-31-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
Always Learning

Scott, I think Bryan is using the app, his posts ends with the standard signature: "Sent from my iPad".
Old 07-31-2014, 11:54 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

You're right! Thanks Doug.

Bryan, see new answers below for the iPad...

Home screen shows I have message...bit I can't find the newest one. All I can say is the messages should be appearing when you click on "Messages" in the App. That link should take you right to your inbox.

I don't know where my inquiries or reply send up (Unless I misunderstood the question, its the same as with the browser) Replying to a thread would end up in a new post within that thread. Replying to a message (PM) would be sent to the person you are sending to.

Ok...finished typing...but where or where is send? I assume you are asking if there is a "Send" button. On the App its "Reply". In posting to a thread via the Quick Reply window at the bottom of each thread or in replying to a PM, press "Reply" at the right of your reply window.

Note, it helps to activate the "Quick Reply Bar" in your settings vs having to reply through other means.

2012 Shamrock 233S
Old 07-31-2014, 10:37 PM   #6
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post
Hi Bryan! Hope we can help you navigate here.

What are the gold stars - Do you mean these gold stars?
Attachment 59363

If so, those are thread ratings. Not everybody rates a thread.

Home screen shows I have message...bit I can't find the newest one. Do you mean this notice in the upper right corner of the home screen?
Attachment 59364

If so, then click on Private Messages in the upper right corner and it will bring you to your in-box for the PMs sent to you.

I don't know where my inquiries or reply send up Replying to a thread would end up in a new post within that thread. Replying to a message (PM) would be sent to the person you are sending to.

Ok...finished typing...but where or where is send? In posting to a thread, hit the button "Submit Reply" or "Post Quick Reply" when you are ready to post. With replying to a message (PM) to another member, then press "Submit Message" at the bottom of your reply window.
OK - now I'm curious about the Gold Stars. Can you further explain what "thread ratings" are why not all members have them?

Thanks.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:20 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

This site ...how does it work

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
OK - now I'm curious about the Gold Stars. Can you further explain what "thread ratings" are why not all members have them?

Thanks.

Thread ratings are available for each thread (through the browser, at least). You can rate 1-5 stars. The average is taken when two or more members rate the same thread.

It's not that they are not available to all members -they are - but members typically do not rate threads so, in actuality, very few threads show a rating. That should better explain what I wrote earlier when I said "not everybody rates a thread", which is why some threads have 1-5 stars and some have none.

2012 Shamrock 233S
Old 08-08-2014, 08:32 AM   #8

Thanks everyone...

Bryan, Vonnie & Pepper
2012 378 Georgetown

Sent from my iPad
2017 SUNSEEKER MBS 2400W
2013 HONDA FIT SPORT
psgrandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote