Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 01:55 PM   #1

UNABLE to Log in

UNABLE to Log in Again. This is a non-stop problem now. I have to log in to this thread and post, then I may go elsewhere on the forum. This started when the "security"? changed.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:15 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270S View Post
UNABLE to Log in Again. This is a non-stop problem now. I have to log in to this thread and post, then I may go elsewhere on the forum. This started when the "security"? changed.
What web browser are you using?

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:29 PM   #3
Site Team

I'm still confused by the phrase "log into this thread".

Obviously you were able to log into the site and create a new thread. Are you saying that you can only access this specific sub-forum?
Old 01-07-2017, 09:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
I'm still confused by the phrase "log into this thread".

Obviously you were able to log into the site and create a new thread. Are you saying that you can only access this specific sub-forum?

I believe when he clicks on the quote or quick reply button in a thread or post while not logged in, the window opens for your log in info and once entered it kicks you back to the thread and you will not be logged in. My system at work as I mentioned in another thread has been giving me fits since the security update which was done on 12-29. I have given up even trying. I have come to the conclusion its some sort of server communication issue between the FRF server and the AT&T wireless servers used with their air cards, as thats the only configuration where I have the problem. Its not the browser, as on my work setup it behaves exactly the same either with Firefox, Chrome, or Edge. None of the other Social Knowledge forums exhibit this behavior, so it has to be directly related to something in the FRF configuration that was changed with that update.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:17 PM   #5
Site Team

Ok, I just logged out, opened this thread and clicked the post reply button. It took me to the login screen. After I entered my name/pw it took me right to the post reply window that I typing in now.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:34 AM   #6
Site Team

Let's try to clear the cookies and/or cached web pages that your internet browser may be saving, as you may have a corrupted one.

Not knowing which web browser you are currently using, I am going to give instructions on firefox, but they all kind of work the same.

1. Log out of your account
2. close the frf web page
3. On firefox, click the 'tools' option on the toolbar
4. Now click the 'options' and then "privacy'.
5. Under history, you should see a hyperlink to "remove individual cookies". Click this hyperlink
6. Now in the search bar, type the word forest. When all the search returns, click the "remove all" option at the bottom.

Now close this screen, go back to the FRF webpage and log back in using your username and password.

Since you cleared all the FRF cookies, you may get the FRF newsletter screen again.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:36 AM   #7

RTFA

I've given UP. I am not copying everyone's posts with guesses, .... I am on a desktop, not a phone, not a laptop, not wireless, .... good old fashion real pentium desktop. As I tell every unprofessional tech support, customer service, minimum wage (hosed over by large companies) .... I ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT I AM DOING. Nothing changed on this end that has been working for XX amount of time. The problem is on the other end - somewhere - where I have no idea. I clear cache, all those type of suggestions, ... routinely. makes no difference!

Prior to the "change", after one logged in, they had the option to stay slogged in without having to re logging each time, ... GYI sign in or log in are the same thing.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:53 AM   #8

I stay logged in without having to do anything. I just killed it several times, went to this URL:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/
and I'm automatically logged in.

Troubleshooting is the pits.......glad I don't have to do it for $$ anymore....

Good luck. I don't have any advice........just info that other (me) don't have your issue.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
Old 01-08-2017, 09:15 AM   #9

Nope, still have to log in each time. At least now I can log in on any screen without having to go to the Admin Section First.

The world received what they asked for - unprofessional programmers using PCs. No more top down with mentoring. Just shoot from the hip and hope something hits (works).

Hard to decide who was/is worse Walmart or Microsoft.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:23 AM   #10

Correction - Update. Spoke too soon. Log In still gets lost!!!. Have to keep logging in over and over - even after logging in successfully.

Close this, enough. I'll give up.

The problem appears to be only in IE, I will be forced to use either Chrome or Firefox for this forum. Some bug in Forum software & IE11.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:49 AM   #11

Folks still use IE??

Who knew?

LOL

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 01-08-2017, 10:02 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270S View Post
Correction - Update. Spoke too soon. Log In still gets lost!!!. Have to keep logging in over and over - even after logging in successfully.

Close this, enough. I'll give up.

The problem appears to be only in IE, I will be forced to use either Chrome or Firefox for this forum. Some bug in Forum software & IE11.
I understand your frustration. Your last sentence here states that you have identified the issue is with IE. Your initial post was responded to by a site team member, Post #2, with a question asking what browser you were using.

Your post #7 may now seem to be a little over the top.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:17 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Folks still use IE??

Who knew?

LOL
I do for 20 years. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:06 PM   #14

Is this Fred messing with us again? There are only two people i the world that have a problem with this forum. Fred and his alias.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:09 PM   #15

Per 270S"i actually know what i am doing"
Old 01-08-2017, 02:15 PM   #16

Sybil?
Old 01-08-2017, 02:47 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
I do for 20 years. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Then you had one of the first. IE was introduced August 16, 1995. It is generally accepted to be the most highly susceptible browser to unwanted 'entry'. That's a fair country definition of broke, to me at least.

And that phrase is usually used to avoid change. A 'hole' is what a 'rut' aspires to become.

And I'm just a mean old curmudgeon anyway. I hate Windows. I just hate Macs even more! LOL

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 01-08-2017, 02:54 PM   #18

Simple change makes things easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270s View Post
unable to log in again. this is a non-stop problem now. I have to log in to this thread and post, then i may go elsewhere on the forum. This started when the "security"? Changed.
thats hittin the nail on the head !......you are an "addressed member" fr forum sends it to you ! At your address ! If whoever runs this outfit sent it as email... Which it is ! All you have to do is " open it ! " .....just send it to us as email and wse can open it !
Old 01-08-2017, 02:59 PM   #19
Newb

I use IE11 and Chrome on all my pc's and laptops different OS's and don't have any login problems.
The only thing I have noticed since the update is with IE11 I get a popup that says Only Secure Content Is Displayed, doesn't happen using Chrome.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:07 PM   #20

Stealth.1000s of members/guest have no issues either.
Closed Thread