Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #1

web site not loading correctly

Is anybody else having trouble with the page loading. The only thing loading for me is the words. Wherever there should be a picture is a square box with a " x" in it. I would post an example if my technology challenged mind could figure it out. This problem started this morning but im not sure why. I havent changed any settings and all the other pages i go too load just fine. If there has been a post about this problem please accept my apologies. I was not able to find it.
tcoop48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:55 PM   #2

No problems here.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:17 PM   #3

Are you logged into the site? Check upper right hand corner. If you do not log in you can read the words but the pictures will not show up.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcoop48 View Post
Is anybody else having trouble with the page loading. The only thing loading for me is the words. Wherever there should be a picture is a square box with a " x" in it. I would post an example if my technology challenged mind could figure it out. This problem started this morning but im not sure why. I havent changed any settings and all the other pages i go too load just fine. If there has been a post about this problem please accept my apologies. I was not able to find it.
\

Ditto, same problem as you describe I am experiencing also.
web site not loading correctly Article By tcoop48
Forum Admin and Announcements
Today 08:55 PM
by Old car

Old 09-20-2011, 09:37 PM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to stevo
yep me too even though logged in!
Old 09-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #6

web site not loading correctly Article By tcoop48
Forum Admin and Announcements
Today 09:37 PM
by stevo
Old 09-20-2011, 10:07 PM   #7
Lottery Non-Winner

Seems fine to me. I'm not experiencing any unexpected behaviors.

2011 Georgetown 337
2009 HD FLHTCU
2007 HD FXSTC
Ovair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #8
Site Team - Lou

I have notice days when the site seems to struggle.
When I checked other sites to see if it was at my end the browser worked just fine. Other days it flies; so who knows...
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:47 PM   #9

I have had the same problem the last several days on two different computers using two different providers. Portal page only. All other pages load as usual. Also logged in on both.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:52 PM   #10

Same problem here.
cat1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:05 AM   #11

I continue to have problems signing in/loading the page. Misery loves company, so I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. For months I just clicked on my favorites tab and the page appeared. Now, I must sign in each time and sometimes my password is not recognized and I have to sign in 5 times to get to an email redirecting me to a sign in site.
UPGRADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:38 AM   #12
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPGRADER View Post
I continue to have problems signing in/loading the page. Misery loves company, so I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. For months I just clicked on my favorites tab and the page appeared. Now, I must sign in each time and sometimes my password is not recognized and I have to sign in 5 times to get to an email redirecting me to a sign in site.
This may be viral or Trojan behavior. When did you last scan for Malware?

I recommend www.malwarebytes.org and Hitman Pro 3.5 from www.downloads,com

Both are free and work well together. Hitman Pro will clean your PC the first time free; then you will need to buy it to fight future infections.

If you are infected with a Trojan or bot your other passwords may also be at risk of compromise. I would then (with a cleaned computer) change all passwords especially banking ones.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #13

OK just went next door and used a different computer and it is still showing the same.
cat1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:02 PM   #14

I had that issue yesterday for about 2 hours then it cleared up and has been running fine.
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer WD Hitch
2003 Harley FXDX Super Glide
browne02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
This may be viral or Trojan behavior. When did you last scan for Malware?

I recommend www.malwarebytes.org and Hitman Pro 3.5 from www.downloads,com

Both are free and work well together. Hitman Pro will clean your PC the first time free; then you will need to buy it to fight future infections.

If you are infected with a Trojan or bot your other passwords may also be at risk of compromise. I would then (with a cleaned computer) change all passwords especially banking ones.
Just completed two full virus and Ad-Aware scans with a reboot. Still the problem remains. Notified admin but have yet to hear back. I do believe it is an internal FR Forums problem.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #16
Site Team

Hi - I don't think you have a virus. If images aren't displaying properly there could be several reasons...

1. Slow internet connection
2. Bottle neck at your isps end
3. Slow downs at our end

We load images and text separately to the site to keep pages running swiftly. Some images like avatars, profile and icons are the last to load. Until they arrive you see the box with the x. If any of the list above is an issue your result will be as described. Currently images seem to be loading and I am not aware of any issues at this end.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Hi - I don't think you have a virus. If images aren't displaying properly there could be several reasons...

3. Slow downs at our end

We load images and text separately to the site to keep pages running swiftly. Some images like avatars, profile and icons are the last to load. Until they arrive you see the box with the x. If any of the list above is an issue your result will be as described. Currently images seem to be loading and I am not aware of any issues at this end.
Just did a speed/ping check and I'm in the top two thirds, which is better than normal. And, all other sites are working well. Roaming around the FR site all works fine (Even Photo Gallery) except the Red X's show up in : Portal, Active Threads, News and More Polls accessed from the Main Menu. Thanks Janet
Old 09-21-2011, 03:25 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post

3. Slow downs at our end

I really don't know too much about this kind of thing, but as I sated in my earlier post I am having problems with the portal page only. All other pages show images, avatars and attachments as usual.
Again, It's the same on two different computers using two different providers. One provider is slow, but the other is very fast.
Maybe all that will mean something to you, but to me it just means I can't see images on the portal page!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Maybe all that will mean something to you, but to me it just means I can't see images on the portal page!

Thanks - it was useful and we're looking at this. The portal page is a different platform than the rest of the site and it's possible there are some problems. Still scratching our heads
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:43 PM   #20

I've been having problems with images and signatures on all pages since last evening on two different computers and two different IP's. Currently using Chrome browser - will try with IE

2005 Ford F150 5.4
2011 Salem 21FBS
greenliner is offline   Reply With Quote