Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2011, 10:15 AM   #1

A-122

Just picked up a new Rockwood A-122 hardside. I got a manual on every appliance,but not for the camper. I called the dealer in S.C. and they said there is none since it is so new. Anybody out there have one ? If so can you help me locate one. Thanks
LZ Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:50 PM   #2

Manual is kind of confusing

We just got our 122 a few weeks ago. It came with a Rockwood Premier Owner's Manual. I am assuming the "Premier" and the Premier A" are pretty much the same below the folding sides. My manual came with a couple extra laminated sheets that show you how to raise and lower the sides. Everything else in the manual described the various plumbing, electrical, etc systems that are most likely common to both versions. Don't know why they didn't just publish a specific manual for the A's - saved 'em some bucks I assume.
Have you tried contacting Forest River? Hope you find one. I can probably fax you a few sheets if you have some specific questions.

By the way make sure you check yours for leaks. Ours leaked really bad in one corner of the skylight and in the right rear corner of the camper. Dealer fixed it but left us a little uneasy until we were in a good rainstorm and verified it was dry. Just got back from a week in the Smokys and had a blast in our little "rolling cabin"!
bill8972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
Site Team

as far as i know, FR doesn't provide a model-specific manual for any of their RVs.
they only provide a worthless generic manual that covers basic systems in all RVs.
you might find a sheet or two on some model-specific items.
my hybrid had a care and maintenance sheet from the canvas manufacturer. but not one page devoted to hybrids.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:20 PM   #4

Thanks! I got their phone number and will request the manual you have. Also, the dealer told me there had been a recall due to leakage. They added the extra molding to mine, so I hope that solved the problem. I just picked the camper up Friday and have not given it a shakedown yet. I am excited to try it out.
LZ Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:35 PM   #5

Mine is the A128 and the manual that came with mine is for a pop-up camper - not specific to the A frames. Did get various other manuals for all the eqpt and the laminated sheets on the setup/take down. Guess they are behind with the real owners manuals for the A frames. Just took mine out for the first time this weekend and so far, everything is good. Do have a couple minor cosmetic type issues that the dealer will have to address. Just kinda waiting to see if there are any real problems before taking it in. Such a pain to have to take them in for warranty issues, so want to get any and all done in one visit. Anybody having any other issues with the A-frames beside the leak issue mentioned?
gsocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZ Dave View Post
Thanks! I got their phone number and will request the manual you have. Also, the dealer told me there had been a recall due to leakage. They added the extra molding to mine, so I hope that solved the problem. I just picked the camper up Friday and have not given it a shakedown yet. I am excited to try it out.
What does the extra molding look like? Is it a rubber gasket or some type of thin molding. If you have a picture of it, could you please post it up or e-mail a pic.
The reason I ask is that I just bought a 2012 A122 and the dealer states they are going to call the factory and see if they can get the upgraded gasket. I really dont plan on messing with the window if its not leaking, but if does start to leak it would be nice to have the right part on hand to fix it.

Thanks!!
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote