Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
Phat Phrog

Are there any full time RV'rs?

I am a first time full time RVer! I would love to here from anyone who is enjoying this wonderful lifestyle!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #2

This is the third year that the wife and I have been living full time in the trailer. Due to the fact that my wife has to have treatments for cancer we will not be able to go away this year. She had the tumor removed last winter and went through 6 weeks of chemo over the summer. Her last test showed no signs of cancer. She has to have 3 more weeks of treatments starting tomorrow (once a week for three weeks). Then she has to have tissue samples taken to see if there is any trace of cancer. This will take place every three month for the first year. If she is still cancer free she will have to have the treatments every six months for one year then once a year for life. We cannot wait to get back on the road next year.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #3
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Heading out from Chicago to Phoenix next month, (waiting for the puppies to be born). Third year for us. Were loving it so much the wife wants to get an A-Class. Dont know about that one. I would like to get a maintenance comparision chart for A-Classes and 5th wheels. My 2008 tundra is great so it's not going to easy giving that seat up.
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
This is the third year that the wife and I have been living full time in the trailer. Due to the fact that my wife has to have treatments for cancer we will not be able to go away this year. She had the tumor removed last winter and went through 6 weeks of chemo over the summer. Her last test showed no signs of cancer. She has to have 3 more weeks of treatments starting tomorrow (once a week for three weeks). Then she has to have tissue samples taken to see if there is any trace of cancer. This will take place every three month for the first year. If she is still cancer free she will have to have the treatments every six months for one year then once a year for life. We cannot wait to get back on the road next year.

I hope everything works out for you. I remember going through this with my mom when I was in college. It was a painful and draining time for me.
tntrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick
I am a first time full time RVer! I would love to here from anyone who is enjoying this wonderful lifestyle!
I'm full timing in a sunseeker 2300 since August. It's been a fun ride so far - less the pesky little quality issues of breaking in a new unit. It's late in the rv season so there aren't many people at most places I've camped so its been real quiet at some real pretty places.

Good health to the other responder battling cancer. Hope you're back on the road soon.

Tilly
"On the Road" since 8/8/12
Every Day's a New Adventure!
Tilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:08 AM   #6
Got mtn bike?

I've been full timing for over a month now and love it!
I have a 33' Rockwood.

ddavis662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:02 AM   #7
Got mtn bike?

Here is a album showing some of my preparations/mods for full timing during the winter months
Forest River Forums - ddavis662's Album: Preperations for Full Timming
Old 10-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #8

We have been full timing for almost 3 years now. It started out as a temporary alternative to renting an apartment, but we have enjoyed it more than we expected, especially the amount of money we are saving vs rent! if I work things just right I might be able to pay cash for my S&B home! (fingers crossed) the BEST part about RV'ing is when we don't like our nosy/noisy neighbors or the CG is just not up to our standards, we just pack up and leave!

the winter does prove to be challenging, esp for the guys up north! I only have to worry about 10 days a year here in East Texas
2011: 365
2012: 365
Fulltimers
viperjpm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #9
Phat Phrog

Well it looks like I will have lots of company out there enjoying the lifestyle! Caper - God bless you and your wife! I pray she has a speedy recovery and that you both will be back on the road in no time!! Donanddona - my husband and I almost upgraded from our Class C to the Class A about 4 years ago. Good thing we didn't because I surprised him on his 50th birthday with a brand new Harley Davidson, and now we are upgrading to a 5th wheel 2012 XLR Thunderbolt 35x12! This will allow us to bring our Harley wherever we go! (Also when we get too old to ride.....hmmm thats pretty old!) we can haul a golf cart! We pick up the new RV in Ohio next weekend! Those Class A's are so beautiful!! I am with Donna on that thought! you can always tow your Tundra so you have a source of transportation to stores etc. FR makes some amazing ones! Tilley - I look forward to hearing how you are doing! ddavis662 - thanks for the photos!
Old 10-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #10

There is an RV club that has lots of full timers that you may want to look at, excellent website and low cost RV parks around the country for members, mostly in the south and up the west coast, and many other benefits. They also have an excellent web site and forum that is more for full timers. I have been a member for a few years and the internet address is, excapees.com, I think. You can find it easly with a web search. Good Luck
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #11
Phat Phrog

Thank you! I found the website escapees.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #12

My family and I are also full timers, we love it. If you ever are in the DC area, feel free to look us up.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #13
Phat Phrog

Thank you Beausdog! I lived in Gaithersburg MD when I was a teen! What a beautiful place out there!!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #14

we have been full timer since 2006 we have a 35ft forest river 3 slides we love it,, we host at a county park in oregon
zula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:58 AM   #15
Got mtn bike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zula View Post
we have been full timer since 2006 we have a 35ft forest river 3 slides we love it,, we host at a county park in oregon
That's my dream job....
To be a perk host, somewhere out west
Old 10-31-2012, 07:18 AM   #16

We full timed from 2007 till about a year ago in a Monaco 40 class A coach. Spent two summers in Oregon, one in Ohio and upper Michigan / Great Lakes, winters in Florida and southern Cal, been to New York city and DC. Last winter we bought a little property in the north central rural area of Florida, got rid of the coach and picked up our new toy hauler trailer, a F250, and a Electra Glide. We found that full timing isn't all that's cracked to be. A lot of the RV parks are filled up with people that have lost their homes and are living in the RV parks full time and they seem a little jealous / resentful of people RV'ing in a 40 ft. coach that are retired in our 50's. The truck stops are disgusting, truck drivers pee filled bottles on the ground and all the noise from the running engines. Maybe if you can afford the higher end ($1000 @ month) RV resorts.
jamesroadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:50 AM   #17

we are fulltimers for a little more than a year. loving it. currently in Bastrop, TX for a couple of weeks getting our property listed with a new realtor.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #18

full timer

we love it here the only trouble we have had is the other host that think they are better than every body else yes we do get people that has lost there homes but who am i to juge any one i get along whith every body as long as they are nice
zula is offline   Reply With Quote