Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2014, 09:49 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateepay View Post
I want to have ONE summer of fun, but looks like maybe not.
I'm sorry, as it's not my business. But if he can't give you one summer camping and doing what you want to do for fun then I can't back up your selling it. He should accommodate you as his wife.

Again, sorry.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:51 AM   #22
Plain Old Member

Can't help but agree with SKnight. Only seems fair. Thank goodness our whole family lives for the RV lifestyle.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:03 PM   #23
Minnesotan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateepay View Post
What do you mean? Sorry, new to this.
KMP44 covered what a "seasonal site" is. Personaly I reached a point last summer when I decided I was done tent camping. I started looking at travel trailers. My Dad kept telling me ""5th wheels are easier to pull". So I have a 5th wheel on order due early part of June. Decided for the 1st summer that I would park it at a campground that has seasonal lots available 5/1 -10/15 for $2000 - $2500 which will allow me to use it this summer without spending money on a truck yet. The campground is 2 1/4 hours from my house. Every kind of amentity is within 20 minutes. Including some of the best lakes for boating, a smokehouse restaurant within walking distance, pool, and a trail system for running, biking and rollerblading. I have daughters 15 and 20 so I needed to make sure they would enjoy my "cabin on wheels".

Maybe no one is biting on you Georgetown for a reason ....that being you should consider a seasonal site. I'd suggest posting a request for campground recommendations that have seasonal sites within an easy driving distance for you from your home on this forum for members to respond. You can always send your spouse off to the spa to be pampered while you drink your coffee peacefully. Oh and did you know hotels have bed bugs?

Katie
kaschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:23 PM   #24

I am a fellow North Westerner and live in Everett, While I am dreaming of the day that I retire and get to travel my wife and I have the same interests. We started out like everyone else, tent, pop up trailer, travel trailer and now a 5th wheel. We have friends that do not camp.....hate it even, so it is really not for everyone. Have you thought about a camping membership like Thousand trails? There is one in LaConner that is really nice. This might be more fun for your hubby. Also getting out of the dreary northwest may not hurt either if you go South. Just some rambling thoughts. Did you have much camping experience prior to this recent revelation? Camping with friends is a lot of fun and offers some help and someone to complain to when things don't go quite right.

Good Luck which ever way you both decide to go.
MMattox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:14 PM   #25

We bought our first RV ever (a used 2005 GT) when I was 68. I am now 72. I never drove one until the day I picked it up but, I had always wanted a motor home and DW decided to humor me for a couple of years. That was 3 1/2 years ago and just today DW said she was getting antsy and wanted to go somewhere in the MH.
What a change.

We traveled by car, motel and restaurant for the first 10 years I was retired. We spent 30 days on the road for a West and Canada trip and another 30 days driving to Alaska all in the Minivan. In all of those trips, we never got to know the people in the next hotel room.

After a few years of RV travel, we have a group of new friends that get together each July in one of the groups state for a week. Michigan last year and Pennsylvania this year.

Yeah, the bed is short but a 4" piece of upholstering foam at the head of the bed will allow it to extend enough so your toes don't hang over and the wardrobe slide will compress it easily.

I just relax, hold my speed to 60 and try not to drive more than 6 hours in a day. When possible, we spend an extra day at a camp site and look around the area. You would be surprised what you find.

I know its a long way but the Goshen rally is some if the best time we have had. These FROG folks are great!

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:41 PM   #26
Maron

Send a message via Yahoo to Maron
We just came back from the Frog rally. It was great.
This is our first year RVing with a 35' towable and we have camped probably 150 nights so far this year. I find driving the truck much easier then a tall MH & maybe your husband is not comfortable driving. But the RV life is great for relaxing and kicking back.
Our bed is a queen w 80" length and there are vehicles out there with king sized beds if that is really a problem.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Maron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:10 PM   #27

Better than sitting at home me thinks.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent