Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #1

Decorating motorhome in a theme?

Wondering if anyone decorates their motorhome in a theme? Am a big Disney fan and am thinking of decorating vintage Mickey. Would love to see some pics if anyone else has done this. Also wondering if there is any way to take the wallpaper "border" off without ruining the walls of my Sunseeker? Anyone tackle this with success?
Cyn61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #2

Have seen a lot of pix of themed trailers, especially vintage trailers, but not motorhomes!
2012 Rockwood UltraLite 2304s trailer
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #3

I have never removed wallpaper border that was factory installed, but I have done my own borders over theirs When we had our 5er, It had a wilderness theme, bears, moose, etc and it was sooooo cozy Our new Roo doesn't have a strong direction yet, but I always end up with a theme. Frequently, beachy stuff, although the Roo isn't suited to "beachy". We went to the Disney store and got "Roo" who lives in the balcony over the dinette with a cute little stuffed owl my DD got me for Valentines Day. Actually, I proly will go with owls at this point.......
Old 03-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #4

Be sure to post pix if you do it ~ I'd love to see them
Old 03-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #5

We had a Hawaiian islander theme in one of our previous travel trailers (fiberglass Scamp/Mighty Mite).

Small but cozy, its important for me to have a homey feel in the A - its 'personality' is still coming along

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #6

The camper we had before this one was an Antigua 215SSO. It had white cabinets and wood plank vinyl flooring. We had a beach theme with palm tree lamp and a clock that was very tropical with a margarita glass pendulum. Our bed spread and throw pillows were tropical designs. It was very beach like. Loved it.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #7

I love looking through these: Photo Gallery

I'm sure hubby wouldn't let me decorate ours. He wants everything brown to "match".

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:58 AM   #8

Do you sew? I was at Joanns the other day and they have some cute fabric in the "Route 66" theme. I love our Roo; one of my fav things is the fact that I can easily change out the curtains; just have to make sure they coordinate with the upholstry...... The photo gallery was interesting, must go back when I have more time.....
Old 04-25-2013, 06:01 AM   #9
MI Camperz

Route 66 would make a very kewl theme.
Good idea.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn61 View Post
Wondering if anyone decorates their motorhome in a theme? Am a big Disney fan and am thinking of decorating vintage Mickey. Would love to see some pics if anyone else has done this. Also wondering if there is any way to take the wallpaper "border" off without ruining the walls of my Sunseeker? Anyone tackle this with success?
Duck Dynasty Happy,Happy,Happy! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancythecamper View Post
Do you sew? I was at Joanns the other day and they have some cute fabric in the "Route 66" theme. I love our Roo; one of my fav things is the fact that I can easily change out the curtains; just have to make sure they coordinate with the upholstry...... The photo gallery was interesting, must go back when I have more time.....
I was going to make new curtains and upholstery for our old pup, but we quickly realized it was too small for us.

I may knit or sew a blanket for our camper, but not sure what I'll do beyond that. I guess as time passes I'll get tired of the curtains and make new ones. Hubby will just have to not notice.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #12

I did a wilderness theme once, very cozy, log cabins, bears, moose etc. duck dynasty would be fun and easy to do
Old 04-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #13

Our new trailer is mostly a brown. I've added deep red whereever I can. Pots and pans, tea towels, dishes etc. But I also want to add some bears. Maybe replace the border or on towels etc. Not blatant - just a few subtle touches.

I think if you want to take the mfg's border off try in a spot where it won't be noticed and use a hairdryer to warm the spot then peel slowly. (works great for sales stickers on things too.)
QuietTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #14

Our Stealth TH has a lot of brown, with a little gold thrown in. DH hates the chocolate brown cover on the bed, so until I can find something we both like I plan to embroider the visible edges of the spread and pillow covers with some autumn-ie leaves in different shades of brown, tan, and gold. This weekend I'll be heading into the Tucson Hobby Lobby for some fabrics to make some baskets and boxes, as well as 2 hanging organizers to hold iPads, phones, and glasses next to bed. DH loves Route 66, so maybe I can toss a little of that in for a border; I already have a pattern in my collection.

DH wants me to pull down the privacy curtain at the end of the bed and put a huge monogram on it. I convinced him that might not be feasible, but seriously thinking about creating a flag/curtain that he can hang on the door window and would match one we plan to hang outside. Maybe around the theme of our motorcycles. My sewing machine can digitize and embroider simple pictures, so if nothing else it should be fun trying.

Guess I'd better take some pictures with me so I don't end up with a mish-mash of clashing colors and designs!

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #15
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietTimes View Post
Our new trailer is mostly a brown. I've added deep red whereever I can. Pots and pans, tea towels, dishes etc. But I also want to add some bears. Maybe replace the border or on towels etc. Not blatant - just a few subtle touches.

I think if you want to take the mfg's border off try in a spot where it won't be noticed and use a hairdryer to warm the spot then peel slowly. (works great for sales stickers on things too.)

Ditto with the mostly browns...and red is our chosen pop of color. DH is *not* the type to keep it all brown and matching. The man hates blacks, browns...his shirts are bright colors and he has *no* problem wearing a pink shirt. He *loves* the glow-in-the-dark colors that are all the rave this year. I had to drag him away from glow in the dark green, orange, blue and pink golf shirts at Target the other day.......yeah, it's a truly *Country* Club, (shotgun starts really *are* started with a shotgun...that was a real shocker for him when we moved back here to my home town...but...I'm just sayin! I don't want him lookin like Ricky Fowler...the two legged tangerine.

Duck Dynasty theme? whut...ya gonna hang fake beards up as curtain valances? /snork Maybe some Spanish moss hung on the corners of the mirrors, camo curtains and bedspread? And duck calls hanging from all the cabinet handles? Yeah, you're in my wheelhouse now. (wink) Don't forget to put some HEY JACK phrases on the walls...or maybe have it stenciled on your power tongue jack. You'll certainly be HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY! You could also have "they gone" stenciled on the back of the RV. That's Ms Kay's favorite saying when someone leaves their house....he gone, she gone, they gone.

Since there's a lotta Cherokee runnin' though my veins, I'm collecting Native American post cards, pottery, etc. all with a touch of red in them. Nothing truly valuable, mind you, but maybe a "nouveau" peace pipe, dream catcher, medicine wheel, and there's a Cherokee Wedding Blanket on eBay I'm hankerin' for somethin' awful....for the bedroom.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #16
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancythecamper View Post
I did a wilderness theme once, very cozy, log cabins, bears, moose etc. duck dynasty would be fun and easy to do
have to use the Duck Dynasty brand camo...it's different muted shades of duck profiles/silhouettes.

Now you're cookin with peanut oil!

Old 08-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #17
NELA

Hobby Lobby has some awesome Route 66 wall signs...in the retro auto/motorcycle section...I saw 'em a couple of weeks ago.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #18

My small A-Frame trailer has brown curtains and cushions. I used a two sided quilted bed spread and folded it over to cover the pull out sofa bed while also revealing both sides of the spread. DH thought I recovered the cushions. It was a cheap way to add color and reduce the brown.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-06-02 10.59.48.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	37932   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-07-19 20.05.25.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	37933   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-07-19 20.02.55.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	37934  

1967 Newell Motorcoach
Old 08-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #19
NELA

Now that's color poppin!

Great job!

Old 08-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #20

Check Wayfair.com - Online Home Store for Furniture, Decor, Outdoors & More for inexpensive (but quality) bedroom sets, curtains and decorating ideas and items....that is where I purchased this queen size spread.

1967 Newell Motorcoach