Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2017, 07:38 PM   #1
THE HILLS

Detached screened gazebo

Hi! New to forum and Forest River... we downsized from a 30'Jayco to the "perfect for us" 20' Surveyor 200MBLE. We do not want an attached screen room but would like more outdoor space free from bugs ... perhaps to put over a picnic table ... any suggestions? We've looked at Tailgaterz-4300614 - Magnetic-Screen-House and Coleman Instant Screen... need experienced advice ... concerned about ease of set up & durability in slight wind ( for example). (BTW we absolutely love our Surveyor & look forward to FROG talkies!)
The Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hills View Post
Hi! New to forum and Forest River... we downsized from a 30'Jayco to the "perfect for us" 20' Surveyor 200MBLE. We do not want an attached screen room but would like more outdoor space free from bugs ... perhaps to put over a picnic table ... any suggestions? We've looked at Tailgaterz-4300614 - Magnetic-Screen-House and Coleman Instant Screen... need experienced advice ... concerned about ease of set up & durability in slight wind ( for example). (BTW we absolutely love our Surveyor & look forward to FROG talkies!)
The Clam may be just what you're looking for:

https://www.amazon.com/Clam-Corporat...m+screen+house

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:06 PM   #3
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
The Clam is my NEXT one! We use a Coleman 10'x10' canopy right now, but I've been drooling over The Clam!

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
The Clam is my NEXT one! We use a Coleman 10'x10' canopy right now, but I've been drooling over The Clam!
it really is quick setup, ... I had seen the video before it was delivered, the very first time I touched ours, 1:45 min. to setup, .... after that first time, under 1 min. .........

Old 05-30-2017, 08:12 PM   #5
THE HILLS

TY so much ... we'll look at this for sure... video is amazing!
The Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:57 PM   #6

Purchased this a few years ago from Cabelas. It replaced a different model which I hated. But the wind saved me from it.
EAGLE'S CAMP 17X15 SCREENHOUSE
Click image for larger version

Name:	s7_581406_imageset_03.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	139617
willykel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:43 PM   #7

one more statement about the Clam and then I will stop adding my two cents, ..... has nothing to do with the quality of the Clam, but is a very noticeable and helpful feature of the complete package: ..... that is the oversize carrying bag, ... most things that come in a bag like this does, are almost impossible to get back into the carrying bags without a lot of forcing and wondering how they got the item in that bag in the first place, .... the Clam's bag is very generous in size and returning the tent to the bag for storage requires no extra effort at all, ......