Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2015, 05:21 PM   #1

First trip with the new to us camper

Wow what a step up from the popup and a huge step from the old tent from years ago. It was also a little adventure as well.

Pulled into the state park to find someone in our reserve spot. Fortunately there were other spots so no big deal. The state park folks were great. The people even tracked us down and apologized and brought us cookies. Turned out well.

After that took us ten minutes to be completely set up and ready to go. Super easy compared to a popup, no top to crank, no beds to pull. Sweet! Everything worked like a charm. Was really nice. however a few observations:
1) That water pump is WAY to loud. It's got to be modified. It also has to have an accumulator!
2) Took a shower and it was great. I had plenty of water and it was nice and warm. No nasty bath house shower!
3) The refrigerator worked way better then I expected. We could have made ice. We bought a bag and it stayed frozen!
4) Tank empty was a lot nicer than I thought it was going to be. Not that big a deal to empty and clean up.

Just thought I would post the results! Can't wait to get out again.

Ed

Bianchina3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 05:27 PM   #2
Done with this

Sounds like a great time!

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 05:27 PM   #3

Congrats on the new to you camper. Glad you enjoyed your first trip out.
crunchman
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:53 AM   #4

Congrats on your 2011 Puma 2011 26 RLSS. It doesn't take long to appreciate and enjoy all the amenities.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:06 AM   #5
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Wait till the first time you arrive in the rain -- you won't even imagine how it was setting a pop-up or tent in the dark, in the rain.
Lovin' It!

Congratulations!
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 11:26 AM   #6

We had a pop-up for 16 years. Have had the TT since 2009. SO nice - even in the rain. Now, if you hear the sprinkle of rain, the most you have to do is make sure the vents aren't open too far... With the pop-up it was always a mad scramble to get things moved/into dry areas. Glad your trip went well & the first of many!

hotzfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 02:54 PM   #7

It is nice. It kinds of feels like cheating! We were next to an older couple and they pulled in at dusk and started putting up a tent. The entire back of the car was jammed with all the stuff they needed, nothing excessive, and it took them forever to unload. I felt both bad for them and happy we didn't have to do that!

Old 05-04-2015, 08:21 PM   #8

This sounds just like us>we started with tent camping in 1970's, moved to pop-up with kids 2001, moved to hard sided 21 ft camper 2014. Yup, it does feel like cheatining but we have done it all and had such good times and memories. We are older, and at first we thougth we were "cheating" too, took us about 20 minutes to say 'nooooo" and we deserve the air, heat, memory foam, potty, oven, tv, etc. The best part was our kids came in it and said, "there is only one bed in here", EXACTLY. Enough said, we are loving it. Here's to summer 2015!
Rudyandfriends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:41 PM   #9

Rudy, we could be twins! I started in a tent in the 70's with my family, then in the mid 80's tented with my wife. I can still remember a trip we took to Rocky Mountain National Park in a 3 man tent and it rained the entire week. We had been married less then a year but survived. In the late 90's got a hand-me-down camper from my folks (1972 model) and used that for a while. In 2005 got a "modern" 2002 popup with potty (which I thought was ridicules!). Then this year we decided to make the step to a TT. Way to many good times (being trapped in the PU by a family of skunks, talking the kids into having great fun cranking up the camper, etc)

We have a set of triplets (in college) and one said he thought is was cool we bought a TT, one said "where is everyone gonna sleep?" and the third we haven't told yet because when we bought the truck last year (in prep of the TT this year) he freaked out and said "a truck was the dumbest thing we could have bought!" I have no idea what he will say about a TT.

We do have memory foam, although we are considering getting sleep number beds (like at home)! Not having to go anywhere in the middle of the night to pee is awesome. AC in the summer makes August camping possible!

Old 05-05-2015, 12:51 PM   #10

It is not cheating, as my sister says with her Tiffin Alegro "it"s Glamping". How did we ever survive without air conditioning a microwave and surround sound stereo TV and Dvd player. I still use the campground facilities for Showers cause I am too lazy to clean my own. Besides I can run their hot water for twenty minutes or more.

2015 Rockwood 2703ws
2013 Ford f-150
Rockwoodjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:54 PM   #11

Just to try it out I took a shower and, again, awesome to feel clean at a campground on a Saturday night. I was actually impressed with the shower. I thought it would be cold and come out in a drip...it wasn't and didn't. I washed hair and self without sensing running out of hot water. I was quick but I didn't have to take a navy shower either!

We have a strict number 1 policy for the potty so emptying the black tank was no big deal either! Man this RV thing is cool!

Tags
camper