Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #121

We purchasd our FR 27RKSS in July and took delivery in August. We previously had 2 Coachman TTs. I thought that the build quality of our Coachman units couldn't be beat. However the FR does beat it. I know we'll enjoy this TT a long time
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo-0029.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	42410  
Old 11-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #122

My wife & I have just got our 2014 8280 rockwood 5 wheel & have only had it out 2 time before winterizing it. we have had 2 jayco tt before and thought thay were the best until we got the rockwood it is just the best we have ever sen we are just in love with it. It tows so much better than any tt we have ever towed . We are towing with a 1/2 ton chev. ex. cab short bed 4x4 and tow just fine
jlshari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:58 PM   #123

I have2013 grey wolf been happy with it did some up grading on 29bl outside kicken wish it was insulated better but for the money it good. looking ti go to 5wheel and it be fr
dynamite man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:39 PM   #124

The Bastrop fire

We lived Horseshoe Bay for almost six years. When those fires occurred, it just made us sick, seeing the smoke and learning of so many who lost so much or in some cases, everything. Maybe we'll see ya 'round the campground!
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:10 AM   #125

We live ft dodge Iowa going so tx feb 2weeks
dynamite man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:08 AM   #126

2014 Salem Hemisphere Lite 286rlt

We already have a Skyline 24' Texan TT. I still love it. Still have it. For Sale

We both were on the internet looking at 5th wheels without telling each other.
Jim told me he was looking since Aug......LOL I told him me too. I asked him which one he liked the BEST.

Well lo and behold it was the same 5th wheel. We really liked the floor plan.

We continued to do researched and found it for a great price. In Oct. we took possession of our 2014 Salem Hemisphere Lite 286rlt.

Needless to say we love it after we fixed the minor things that needed fixin.

Infamous Dometic 300 model toilet (replaced) and
Black water tank flush (connections tighten)

Spent 9 days in it over the Thanksgiving Week. Love it Love it.
mkford1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:09 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by herb 88 View Post
We live ft dodge Iowa going so tx feb 2weeks

Well come on down...........The weather will be just Fine.
mkford1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:02 AM   #128

I lived and worked out of a Sunline 21' for years. I work on nuclear/Gas/Coal powerhouses, paper mills...etc. Over all those years I learned "There is no perfect Trailer." Forest River uses some of the best products made in their trailers; but humans install them. There lays the problem. I just bought a near perfect trailer for me, a Micro Lite 21FBRS. I did my research and Forest River won due to the quality products they use.
Toyota Tundra
SparkeyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #129

I have to chime in here as well. We've recently moved up from a Fleetwood popup to a Shamrock hybrid, and I'm blown away by the Forest River build quality. While the popup had particle board throughout, I have yet to find any in the new rig. The interior of our popup looked so rough when we sold it, with the countertop swelling and chipping around the sink, and the finish peeling off the drawers. Won't have any of that in our hybrid!

Also love the Ultrulube axles - what a walk in the park compared to removing and repacking bearings!
2014 Chevy Express 3500
castlemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:42 PM   #130

We like our 2007 Georgetown 373 xl a lot. We have just over 55,000 miles on it. We travel about 3 months a year. The only problems were a shorted wire to the heater fan, the ford air conditioner compressor and all of the orange hydraulic pressure hoses to the two slide-outs. I view these as normal r&m issues but maybe some will not. The only disappointment has been the coverings on the davenports and captains chairs. These are beyond cheap. All said we love the layout. The interior finish is about what I would expect for what we paid. The Lippert hydraulic slideouts work fine - (2 x 16'0").The MH drives and handles very well while pulling my Jeep. In fact we are now looking to purchase a new Berkshire in the spring. My service experiences in the Des Moines Iowa area has been good.
Glen and Barb
2007 Georgetown 373 xls
2013 Jeep Unlimited Sport
gbburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:03 PM   #131

It's been a year and a half since I first responded to this thread. I just wanted to say that after 2 full seasons, we are still happy with our Rockwood Ultralite. No major problems. We look forward to spring and getting back out there.

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2703SS
2011 Chevy Silverado 2500
Pitstop88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:30 PM   #132

We are three days into our new 8289WS and really like the layout. It tows easy, the reese revolution may take some getting use to. We picked it up in Orlando Fl and plan on spending several weeks here at different locations before heading back to Texas. We can't find a thing wrong with the RV and are very happy with our choice.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:26 AM   #133

Location: Boone Lake, TN 13 miles from Bristol Motor Speedway
I am one of the people this thread was written for. I truly appreciate the family of friends who come here to share their experiences, good or bad. There is no product made that is perfect every time and without fail. It's good to see so many who are happy with their decisions to purchase a Forest River product and I'm enjoying reading all the adventures, even the sour ones as I think there is always something to learn in mistakes and issues. We are very close to placing an order for a new Sandpiper or Sierra 393CK for our lakefront site near Bristol Motor Speedway and the information I've gathered from all you has made the decision easier, all the way from picking floors to negotiating the deal. Thank you, and happy camping!
Old 03-04-2014, 07:33 AM   #134
NELA

OOOOO! Lakeside/Bristol site! OK, I'm officially jealous. See? I'm even green.

Congrats on your soon-to-be Sierra!

We love our 8528 IKWS!

Now, if we can just get and maintain temps above freezing. GRRRR

Ain't supposed to be like this in the *deep* south!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:22 AM   #135

Congrats on the new unit, I'm sure you will have many happy years of camping ahead of you if only this cold would ease off.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:56 AM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
OOOOO! Lakeside/Bristol site! OK, I'm officially jealous. See? I'm even green.

Congrats on your soon-to-be Sierra!

We love our 8528 IKWS!

Now, if we can just get and maintain temps above freezing. GRRRR

Ain't supposed to be like this in the *deep* south!

Thanks!

Funny thing is I'm not like a huge fan of NASCAR, tho on the rare summer night you can hear the race at the lake. Some of our friends are rabid NASCAR. Maybe that should be avid... I've been to the track several times, most recently to drive through for the Christmas lights, which was pretty darn cool. On the last part of that tour you actually drive on the track. You never realize just how much that thing is banked until you're up there hanging. Scared the yoohoos out of my daughter. She was convinced we would roll down into the infield.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:59 AM   #137
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucky View Post
Thanks!

Funny thing is I'm not like a huge fan of NASCAR, tho on the rare summer night you can hear the race at the lake. Some of our friends are rabid NASCAR. Maybe that should be avid... I've been to the track several times, most recently to drive through for the Christmas lights, which was pretty darn cool. On the last part of that tour you actually drive on the track. You never realize just how much that thing is banked until you're up there hanging. Scared the yoohoos out of my daughter. She was convinced we would roll down into the infield.
Ive walked eerrr rather crawled up the banking in Bristol.
Eeeeek! But what an awesome track!

TURBS
Sabre owners united!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:02 AM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by presley01 View Post
Congrats on the new unit, I'm sure you will have many happy years of camping ahead of you if only this cold would ease off.
Thank you...

I keep a close eye on the 10 day forecasts and watch for the weekend overnight lows to be above freezing. If it is I'm off work and on my way there any Friday I can get away. One reason for a newer unit is to get better insulation and be able to spend even more time there.

And answer me this... Why does the propane always run out in the middle of the coldest night? I've still got manual valves so I know when one tank gets empty but can't they run empty just one time during the day?
Old 03-04-2014, 09:12 AM   #139

Neat thread, it really should be stickied.

I'm two weeks and two nights out into my Sierra 346RETS and I love it! From the open floor plan to the overall comfort it's a superior camping experience compared to what I came from.

It even pulls like a dream despite being right at my trucks rated limit.

So far I love it!

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:23 AM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
Neat thread, it really should be stickied.

I'm two weeks and two nights out into my Sierra 346RETS and I love it! From the open floor plan to the overall comfort it's a superior camping experience compared to what I came from.

It even pulls like a dream despite being right at my trucks rated limit.

So far I love it!
We are just over two months with our new unit, 42 days / nights camping so far this year in it and just love it. We also are over our payload, the truck handles it well. Two 5r's and 4years and the Tundra is still going strong.

Tags
led pad