Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2019, 06:18 AM   #361

I’ve read through this entire thread. Great stuff here!
Seadooken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 10:08 AM   #362
Kasual Kamper

What model do you own? Your should put it in your profile information.
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 06:02 PM   #363

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
W just purchased a 2020 Rockwood Mini Lite 2507s. Our first trip will be to Otter Springs in Florida over Thanksgiving. I can not wait any longer to get going!
Old 11-19-2019, 09:16 PM   #364
The PI Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTLady View Post
Hello
We have a Microlite 25DS from 2014. What mods has anybody done to the closet over the toilet. It has just the door on the left, and then a blank wood wall to the right of the door. It’s a pain having to lean over the toilet the way it is to reach into the left side of the cabinet, but then you have to lean more forward and twist to the right to get to the far right end of the closet because there’s no door to open. Has anyone solved this mystery? [emoji6]
Did you ever mod this?
I have a 2014 25DS also and find it frustrating.

I'm thinking of removing the panel and building shelves in the closet area. It should fit two new shelves, plus the existing bottom and the prebuilt shelf above the closet to make a stack of 4 spaces each about 14" wide. (the top existing shelf would be 15" high, the three new spaces would be about 12" high each).

If I do this (or I should say if the wife gives me permission to), I'll document it with pics and post. (Wouldn't be to February at the earliest)
Old 11-20-2019, 01:57 PM   #365

Quote:
Thanks I've updated my profile, We own a MiniLight 2511s
Abcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:17 PM   #366
Kasual Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcall View Post
Thanks I've updated my profile, We own a MiniLight 2511s
Putting it in your signature is even better.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:40 PM   #367
st4
from south Louisiana

newbie here

new rig
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MiniLite.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	219829  
Old 11-26-2019, 05:18 AM   #368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadooken View Post
I’ve read through this entire thread. Great stuff here!
We bought a 2020 rockwood 2507S. It’s in my profile information but does not show to the left when I post. Anyway.... getting ready for our first trip over thanksgiving. We can’t wait!
Old 11-26-2019, 08:25 AM   #369
Kasual Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadooken View Post
We bought a 2020 rockwood 2507S. It’s in my profile information but does not show to the left when I post.
On this forum, you need to post your rig in the Registry forum, and then someone needs to click on that under your handle to see what you have. I find it more efficient to just create a signature that appears under each post.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:15 AM   #370

Just discovered this thread. So glad it’s out there! It always seemed silly to me that the two (Micro and Mini Lites) have separate forums.

Question for you all: we’d like to get a golf cart to bring camping but have a shortbed Ford F150. We’re considering a few things...

Strengthening the tailgate to hold the back tires of the golf cart (not a good option in our estimation though)

Trading in the trailer for a toyhauler, but we like our Micro Lite and would stand to lose a lot of money.

Strengthening the Micro Lite frame and adding a hitch for the golf cart. Is this even an option?

Purchasing a Kangacruise collapsible mini cart, which would fit in the bed of the pickup truck. We already looked at the Cricket collapsible mini cart and were NOT impressed. We’re told that the Kangacruise is far superior but would have to buy the Kangacruise sight unseen.

Anyone travel with a short bed pickup and golf cart? If so how?

By the way trading the pickup is not an option. My husband loves his truck.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:45 AM   #371

Mini lite micro lite group

Not to rain on your parade but... If you tow with the tailgate down it may interfere with your tongue jack and turning. The Mini/Micro frames are not strong enough for towing. You also need to watch your total cargo-hauling weight. My F-150 has a CC of around 1700 pounds. Once I deduct passengers, trailer tongue weight, my fiberglass cap, bicycles, tools, grills chairs, various other important “stuff” etc. there is little capacity left.

The Kangacruz is an interesting vehicle. Kangcruz weighs in the 400+ pound range and a regular golf cart is going to weigh even more. I suppose if you don’t have anything else in the bed of the truck that a Kangacruz would be your best alternative. http://www.kangacruz.com/slideshows/Fslide7-6.jpg it reminds me of a clown car when it’s folded. [emoji16]
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:58 AM   #372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro Mom View Post
Just discovered this thread. So glad it’s out there! It always seemed silly to me that the two (Micro and Mini Lites) have separate forums.

Question for you all: we’d like to get a golf cart to bring camping but have a shortbed Ford F150. We’re considering a few things...

Strengthening the tailgate to hold the back tires of the golf cart (not a good option in our estimation though)

Trading in the trailer for a toyhauler, but we like our Micro Lite and would stand to lose a lot of money.

Strengthening the Micro Lite frame and adding a hitch for the golf cart. Is this even an option?

Purchasing a Kangacruise collapsible mini cart, which would fit in the bed of the pickup truck. We already looked at the Cricket collapsible mini cart and were NOT impressed. We’re told that the Kangacruise is far superior but would have to buy the Kangacruise sight unseen.

Anyone travel with a short bed pickup and golf cart? If so how?

By the way trading the pickup is not an option. My husband loves his truck.
I agree with Funengineer regarding the Mini Lite frame and tailgate options. And as he implied, you're already pushing the payload on your F150; adding a golf cart or Kangacruise would surely exceed it. IMHO, your only options are: 1) 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck with a longer bed or 2) toy hauler (which most likely would also require a 3/4 or 1 ton truck).

Payload will be your enemy. Look on the drivers door frame to see what your payload limit is. Your payload will be driver, passengers, dogs, stuff and your trailers hitch weight (including the weight of your WDH).

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:48 PM   #373

Great Site.

My wife and I are retired and enjoy our small TT life style to get away when we can. We have an Apex Nano 191RBS and couldn't be more happy. Enjoy reading the threads.
OldTractorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:03 PM   #374

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3316 View Post
Hi everyone. My wife and I are new to the forum. We're looking at a 2020 Mini Lite either the 2511S or the 2512S. My question to all of you is …. do you know if there is another option for the stereo/dvd player? Since I haven't owned a dvd disc since around 2005 - I'm wondering if there is a system available that has either a Blu-ray or 4k player? Thanks.
DH and I were down to the 2511 and 2512. In the end the openness of the 2511 won out. I am claustrophobic so the bigger bathroom we could access with the slide in was the deciding factor. We love ours. Not sure about the entertainment system. Good luck.
momraising5boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 02:20 AM   #375

You would be able to plug in a Blu-ray to the TV. I haven’t done it but I’ve been told it’s possible

2019 MiniLite 2511s
2014 RAM 1500 5.7L
Abcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 11:51 PM   #376
Hot Dog Slayer

With how mental this year has been, I've only just opened up my trailer last weekend. I haven't done anything with it yet, but it sure is nice to look inside again.

Once inside however I remembered that I had a few things that I wanted the dealer to look at. I have a 2016 TT, but got the extended warranty which is good until 2021.

Here were the issues that I asked them to look at;

1) Kitchen light stopped working

2) City water inlet leaks

3) All drawer slides are broken (these really are cheap crap slides)

4) Furrion backup camera display pad not working

5) At my expense asked them to give me an orange lens cap, as one magically disappeared over the winter.

I got a call from the dealer about my warranty.........NONE of it is covered!

1) Kitchen light is considered a bulb and therefore not covered under warranty. Problem is that the kitchen "bulb" is not replaceable like a traditional lamp would be. LED's are not bulbs they are light emitting diodes with a normal life expectancy of 50,000 hours. Mine made it to maybe 500 hours!

2) Dealer can't find leak.......I guess that's good?

3) Dealer will gladly replace slide with same crappy ones as initially installed, and charge me an hour to do them all

4) Found a used display pad for $50.00, fingers crossed.

5) Haven't picked up trailer yet, don't know about replacement lenses yet.

So I'm guessing that since nothing was covered under warranty and nothing was fixed, it's going to cost me $$$ for them to look at my trailer. I could have left the trailer on my property and saved myself a ton of cash! LOL.....

Oh well!! Still I'm looking forward to getting it back and giving it some spring clean loving.

2016 Forest River Microlite 21DS

2019 Ram 1500 Pearl Red Limited
Geobound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 02:09 AM   #377
Site Team

That's the problem with third-party extended warranties, the tiny fine print exclusions.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 09:42 AM   #378
Kasual Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geobound View Post
I have a 2016 TT, but got the extended warranty which is good until 2021.

Here were the issues that I asked them to look at;

1) Kitchen light stopped working
Most trailer lights are Chinese crap. The good news is that they are rather inexpensive. You can probably replace the defective one for about $15.
Quote:

2) City water inlet leaks
That is also probably an easy fix. It's a common problem on all makes of trailers.
Quote:

3) All drawer slides are broken (these really are cheap crap slides)
I am surprised about this one. I own a 2013 21 DS and think that the drawer slides are actually pretty good. Not really high quality, but adequate.
Quote:

4) Furrion backup camera display pad not working
I don't have one of those, so can't comment.
Quote:

5) At my expense asked them to give me an orange lens cap, as one magically disappeared over the winter.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:37 AM   #379

If you're talking about the orange lens cap for the porch light, mine also fell off while underway. I ordered a replacement from etrailer, when I installed it I noticed that the lens can be popped from the base with very little effort. To avoid losing this one, I ran a bead of 100% silicone RTV adhesive all around the edge where the lens meets the base leaving a small gap at the bottom for drainage then reinstalled it. Hopefully this will keep me from having to replace yet another part.
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 12:47 PM   #380
Hot Dog Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
That's the problem with third-party extended warranties, the tiny fine print exclusions.

It's like that Joe Pesci line.........."They screw you at the drive through"

Quote:
Most trailer lights are Chinese crap. The good news is that they are rather inexpensive. You can probably replace the defective one for about $15.

That is also probably an easy fix. It's a common problem on all makes of trailers.

I am surprised about this one. I own a 2013 21 DS and think that the drawer slides are actually pretty good. Not really high quality, but adequate.

I don't have one of those, so can't comment.

I don't have one of those, so can't comment.[/QUOTE]

The kitchen light is no big deal really as I can swap that out in seconds, it was more a matter of "why not use warranty if I've got it?" type of thing.

The city water inlet I should have been a bit more clear on.......it leaks inside of the trailer and not outside. I only noticed it one day when I went into the trailer and thought "Hmmmm, I wonder why my wife decided to wash the floor now?".

The entire cupboards underneath the fridge were filled with water, and was starting to come out over the top ledge.

I can't say I was too impressed with that, and can't imagine that's a common thing with trailers.........or at least it wasn't on my last one?.

As for the drawer slides, the ones that are in mine have this tiny ballbearings within a piece of plastic. The plastic gets caught when the slide is in operation, and then it rips and gets caught up.

The first drawer that it happened on I thought it was because it was over filled, and perhaps user error. When the second drawer did it, I knew it wasn't our fault.

I went to drawer 3 and pushed and pulled it in about 20-30 times in a row, and that plastic bit broke away.

In the grand scheme of things its not the end of the world, just funny how the extended warranty that was paid for doesn't actually cover anything in or on the trailer?

Still, no regrets in buying one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBo View Post
If you're talking about the orange lens cap for the porch light, mine also fell off while underway. I ordered a replacement from etrailer, when I installed it I noticed that the lens can be popped from the base with very little effort. To avoid losing this one, I ran a bead of 100% silicone RTV adhesive all around the edge where the lens meets the base leaving a small gap at the bottom for drainage then reinstalled it. Hopefully this will keep me from having to replace yet another part.

That's a smart idea, I'll have to give that a go.

2016 Forest River Microlite 21DS

2019 Ram 1500 Pearl Red Limited
Geobound is offline   Reply With Quote