Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2019, 08:05 PM   #101
Site Team

Update: After much thought and consideration (i.e. after listening to and reading literally 100s of complaints), the campground in question has decided to again allow pop-ups. Still no tents though.

Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:08 PM   #102

Good news for the pop-ups!
Old 08-17-2019, 09:27 AM   #103

We have done it all when it comes to camping. From sleeping under the stars on an insulated mat and a sleeping bag to a tent then a popup then back to a bigger tent then our 21ft cougar TT and now in our 31ft Salem.
I have no issues with how or what people camp in. They are camping!!! When we had just the little tent we would look at the nice popups when we had the popup we would dream about a real TT then we got a Cougar 21ft TT and we would be green with envy when a bigger nicer TT pulled in next to us. I go camping to make memories with my family. If you disturb my memory making I will let you know. If that doesnt work then I follow the chain of command. Dogs barking is my number one and kids running through my site is number two. 3 is being loud and swearing after quiet time.
Will I let it ruin my weekend or vacation absolutely not. I know that in a day or 2 another person will be showing up or I am packing to head out to our new CG. Thats the nicest thing about not being seasonal. If I get a jerk next door I can just take off.
So if your going to camp just go and camp! If your gonna whine and moan about those people 2 sites over in a tent then stay home in your cozy house. Your obviously not the camping type! Leaves more sites open for the rest of us!
AceCombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:33 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceCombat View Post
We have done it all when it comes to camping. From sleeping under the stars on an insulated mat and a sleeping bag to a tent then a popup then back to a bigger tent then our 21ft cougar TT and now in our 31ft Salem.

I have no issues with how or what people camp in. They are camping!!! When we had just the little tent we would look at the nice popups when we had the popup we would dream about a real TT then we got a Cougar 21ft TT and we would be green with envy when a bigger nicer TT pulled in next to us. I go camping to make memories with my family. If you disturb my memory making I will let you know. If that doesnt work then I follow the chain of command. Dogs barking is my number one and kids running through my site is number two. 3 is being loud and swearing after quiet time.

Will I let it ruin my weekend or vacation absolutely not. I know that in a day or 2 another person will be showing up or I am packing to head out to our new CG. Thats the nicest thing about not being seasonal. If I get a jerk next door I can just take off.

So if your going to camp just go and camp! If your gonna whine and moan about those people 2 sites over in a tent then stay home in your cozy house. Your obviously not the camping type! Leaves more sites open for the rest of us!

Do wat works for you, don’t try to keep up with the Jones’e. My wife and I have no kids to go with us so we brought a TT that we liked and could pay off so no long term payments and love it
clcornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 09:45 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Biker View Post
My guess is that they want the higher price tag of bringing in trailers and motor homes.
How does that matter to price? Places I’ve been to charge X for the site, put whatever you want on it. Sewer sites are more, but put a tent on if you’re crazy you still pay full price that a class A would.

I guess they use the campground bathrooms more. But water use is water use.

I must be missing something? Help me out here.
Boondockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 09:58 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp53 View Post
i really don't care what you have, some of the nicest folks we have met are camping in for lack of a better word POS
For sure!

Backed my brand new, at the time, 35footer squeezing into this older campground with lots of trees. This older smaller trailer was camped out right behind us. It was about the only open site I could get into.

They turned out to be the nicest couple. Only wish we had more opportunity to spend time with them! Helped me start the fire when I couldn’t locate the fire-starter, new unit and wasn’t organized yet.

Lots of great people out there.
Boondockin is offline   Reply With Quote