Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #1

2nd Year Protection Plan Question

Can anyone tell me whether the extended protection plan (one year extension) includes exterior wall structures (fiberglass for me), skirting, underbelly, interior wall defects, etc? It is not specifically listed on the form. I called Customer Service and they could not give me an answer.

Has anyone had any of these type of warranty issues and were they covered under the extended warranty?

Thanks
BobSledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #2

You need to tell us what kind of RV you have. It's best to put that into your profile and/or signature.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #3

Sorry, still new to this...it is a 2014 Heritage Glen 272BH.
BobSledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #4

How do you put that info into your profile?
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
How do you put that info into your profile?
Near the top of the screen on a green bar is "User CP". In there, on the left side, "Edit Details".
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #6

I am not sure about your question. Call Forest River and ask for contact information for whoever handles warranty for your brand. It is best to then call them and ask. I was surprised to find that our tub enclosure was not covered by the 2nd year warranty. Our XLR rep was kind enough to take care of it as a "goodwill" item.
Honda ST1100
BMW R1100R
Linnemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #7

I called and talked to the person they said handled the extended warranty and he could not tell me whether it was or not. He did say it was not on the form you fill out.

However, I have read about other people getting things covered under the two year warranty that were not specific to the list.

Does anyone know whether the fiberglass is normally just warranted for a year. I have seen some people mention that theirs is warranted for two years.

Thanks again.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #8

Send a message via MSN to redjet
I have a 2009 Rockwood 8315SS. We decided to take the one year extension on the warranty and after two years and one month I found some soft spots on the roof. After talking with FR warranty folks and after sending several photographs they replaced the roof that was delaminating. In addition, they replaced both side of the trailer that also showed signs of delamination. They sent someone to pickup the trailer and returned it about 90 days later. So to answer your question at least for Rockwood - yes they do replace delaminated sides.

Oh yes - the roof. In 2009 the roof was flat. in subsequent years it became arched to dispell water faster. Well, my trailer was returned with the new style roof. I have not had a problem since.

We have a 2014 Rockwood 8310SS on order and you can be assured I will get the one year extended warranty from Forest River.

I also take the extended warranties from Dometic on the Refrigerator and A/C. It extends those warranties to six years. Cheap piece of mind.
redjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #9

The second year warranty on most Forest River RVs is the same as the first year and my 2012 V-Cross 275 fiver was not on the list but it was covered. I would call the warranty depart for your RV and ask then any questions that you may have. I could not think of any reason that someone would not buy it at $150? Good Luck
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjet View Post
I have a 2009 Rockwood 8315SS. We decided to take the one year extension on the warranty and after two years and one month I found some soft spots on the roof. After talking with FR warranty folks and after sending several photographs they replaced the roof that was delaminating. In addition, they replaced both side of the trailer that also showed signs of delamination. They sent someone to pickup the trailer and returned it about 90 days later. So to answer your question at least for Rockwood - yes they do replace delaminated sides.

Oh yes - the roof. In 2009 the roof was flat. in subsequent years it became arched to dispell water faster. Well, my trailer was returned with the new style roof. I have not had a problem since.

We have a 2014 Rockwood 8310SS on order and you can be assured I will get the one year extended warranty from Forest River.

I also take the extended warranties from Dometic on the Refrigerator and A/C. It extends those warranties to six years. Cheap piece of mind.
How did you extend the Dometic warranties?
Old 06-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #11
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSledge View Post
How did you extend the Dometic warranties?
Your dealer is supposed to go through the appliance manuals/warranties and explain how to register your products. Among the papers on all your appliances are ways to purchase more years for your refridgerator and ac warranties.

This was one of the few things my dealer forgot to do during the walk-through.
+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:07 PM   #12

Send a message via MSN to redjet
Go to edometic.com and click on service contracts. They will give pricing after filling in information on HVAC and/or refrigerator. The contract gives a three year extension onto the original three year warranty - total six years.
redjet is offline   Reply With Quote