Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2014, 01:32 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
We are picking up our new 2014 Prime Time Crusader 325res 5ver on Saturday. We "Signed the papers Old Man" yesterday. I asked the guy doing the paperwork about the FR 2nd Year Extended Warranty. He said he had never heard of this and then tried to sell me a Extended Warranty (which I don't want). Is the FR extended warranty thing still in existence and if so can I just call FR and get it done?

Thanks Rick
the Prime Time brand is not eligible for the second year FR warranty, along with Coachmen, Viking, Shasta and Dynamax.
i think the Sanibel line does have a second year warranty but it's from PT.

by the way, love the "Sign zee papers, Old Man" reference!
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:17 PM   #22

Thanks for all the replies as I searched around the forum I saw that PT was not included. The way I see it is if anything is going to mess up hopefully it happens before the original warranty runs out. There is NO WAY I would pay for one of those extended warranties that are big $$$$$. JMHO
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:20 PM   #23
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
Thanks for all the replies as I searched around the forum I saw that PT was not included. The way I see it is if anything is going to mess up hopefully it happens before the original warranty runs out. There is NO WAY I would pay for one of those extended warranties that are big $$$$$. JMHO
I paid for one of those and it is my only regret.

They will do everything they can to make anything that goes wrong, YOUR fault and therefore not covered.

For every "success" story; there are a hundred (or more) with wasted money" stories.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:40 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
I paid for one of those and it is my only regret.

They will do everything they can to make anything that goes wrong, YOUR fault and therefore not covered.

For every "success" story; there are a hundred (or more) with wasted money" stories.
When I was younger and bought my first "New Car" I bought a Extended Warranty for it. Never used it swore I would never spend big money on one again. Bought the wife a new Mustang over 3 years ago as the end of the 3 year warranty approached I was bombarded with calls and mail from Ford and aftermarket warranty sellers. I told thanks but no thanks. The only reason I was asking about the FR/PT one was for a few $100 I could get something but, after reading through the forum it seems the extended FR warranty doesn't cover much that isn't already covered by the Mfg's warranty so I don't feel to bad about PT's lack of it.
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #25
Racin

will this also work for a 2014 coachmen clipper 15rb we r looking at one tomorrow I printed the form after reading some of these post want to show to dealer and ask him with paper in hand
48fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:25 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
HA HA.
berrie funnie..

Quote:
It looks like nothing was found at this location. Maybe try a search?
None FR owners are SOL......ya I get it.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:46 PM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48fan View Post
will this also work for a 2014 coachmen clipper 15rb we r looking at one tomorrow I printed the form after reading some of these post want to show to dealer and ask him with paper in hand
as i said in the post above yours(#21), Coachmen products are not eligible for the FR 2nd year factory warranty.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 03-17-2014, 11:43 PM   #28

is the puma included on the 2nd year extended warranty abd if so, what do I need to do to get it?
yuneisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:12 AM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuneisy View Post
is the puma included on the 2nd year extended warranty abd if so, what do I need to do to get it?
if you would look at the 2nd page on the pdf link to the form, on post #6 of this thread, you will see that Puma is listed as eligible.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:13 AM   #30

thank you very much )
yuneisy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2nd year form