Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #1

Advice on a GT 374TS

I am new to this forum and wondering if any one out there has any advice on the 2011 - 2012 Georgetown 374TS . Is the Georgetown line dependable ? Do they break down a lot ? Gas mileage ? Towing horse power ? Just some basic pros and cons is what I'm crossing my fingers for . Thanks for the help on this if you reply .
bradley.starc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:36 AM   #2

We have a 2011 378 and it is a good unit, much better than most at this price point. The general comments we get at the various campgrounds we stay at is "I keep hearing that the Georgetown is the number 1 selling RV out there" and "wow, that is a good looking rig". Both comments are true. We have had RV's since 1968 and this unit is a great bang for the buck. Rates with units at a much higher price point. No, it doesn't "break down" a lot, no more than any other motorhome. The Ford drive line is very dependable. Can you have common RV problems, absolutely, all units do no matter what they cost. The towing horsepower is what the V10 is rated at in all the books, it is adequate to take you down the road. Like all gas units it does not have the power and torque of a diesel but is adequate for the job it performs "if" your not expecting diesel performance. Gas mileage is very subjective, it all depends on how you drive. I have a lead foot so it's not so great, but it isn't in my car either and that's rated at 30 mpg. Drive where the unit wants to run and it should be between 8 and 10. I constantly get around 7.5 and that is under the worst possible driving conditions.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #3

We have had our 374ts for a year and have about 13000 miles of great travels. We have had a couple of problems last winter while in Florida -- the leveling system was not working and the stairs were making a loud banging noise while retracting. took it to Lazydays in Tampa and all was repaired in 2 days. Broken wire from the leveling control module to the control panel -- a faulty control module for the steps. Other than those 2 problems the 374 has performed great. We tow a HHR and have driven thru mountains -- dessert -- snow storms -- heavy winds. Like others have said all MHs regardless of cost have problems but w have been very happy with our 374 and would highly recommend the GT374.
jmduc is offline   Reply With Quote