Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2017, 12:44 PM   #21
Site Team

It would help others if you posted the dealer's name.
I've been to all the RV dealerships in Reno and I can tell you that a number of them gave me a bad vibe.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:54 PM   #22

We bought it from Parris RV in the Salt Lake City area. They sell many different brands in their dealership. We had a snag getting the trailer initially but they gave us the next one off the delivery truck with a fair discount for our trouble. So far we are impressed with everyone we have met: from Sales to Service.
UT_Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:04 PM   #23
Retired and Loving Life!

Send a message via MSN to Alan F
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkane View Post
Thank you all for the great advice and comments. All I put down was a $500 refundable deposit. Of which I will be getting back today. Thank you for affirming that the wife and I are not crazy. Just to clarify we are not paying $50k for the trailer. We were at 30% under MSRP at both dealerships that we were dealing with.

I'm not expecting perfection in the trailer but I do expect everything to be new and in good working order. I am headed to the other dealership today that is 200 miles away to make a deal on that trailer. They said that whatever I find they will fix. I don't like being made to feel that I just need to accept something in a used condition because I got a good deal on the price.

Wish I would have found this forum sooner as it would have saved on some of the initial headaches with dealing with RV salesmen. We are better educated now thanks to our experience so far and this forum.

You made the right decision. That dealer will be nothing but trouble down the road. Make sure you let the owner know why you are buying elsewhere, and do a review of the dealership so others will have the same information. They may have a Facebook page. I always post reviews; good, bad, or ugly. I am happy with my dealer and everything I pointed out to them, they did not hesitate to repair. I hope they are the same way going forward. 30% below MSRP is a good target. Personally, I would t pay any more than that. I would go for 35% if making an offer. Happy camping.
Alan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 02:19 PM   #24

Ditto to Oaklevel. Run from that dealer. We bought a Coachmen Clipper, probably the lowest dollar travel trailer on the lot and our dealer fixed every little thing we wrote down (door locks not working, new stainless stove top, microwave trim kit, new air conditioner, etc.) Felt as if we were treated the same as a $50k or $100k buyer, which we may become as this is our first TT after tent and popup. You know, we're already looking at bigger, LOL.
stellaandspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 02:54 PM   #25
Just as confused as you

Quote:
The dealer says that I am just expecting to much from a $50k trailer and that you only get that kind of stuff on a $100k+ trailer. Basically dealer chalked it up to that it would take him too much time to fix and too much of a pain, so they will not fix any of it. Also that he will not detail the unit before delivery only a wash and simple wipe down. Am I expecting too much from trailers in that when I buy something new it should be nearly perfect?
If I were talking to a salesman and he said something like this I would immediately ask to see the manager and explain to him how I'm being treated. The salesman might have been fired on the spot. If it was the manager/owner then I would have demanded my down payment back and walked out.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 03:07 PM   #26
Just as confused as you

There is a thread on this forum titled "Would you buy from your dealer again??"
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ur-101878.html
They don't care if you post the name and city of the dealer. Your instance is one that I definitely name the dealer.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 03:48 PM   #27

Why you dealing with them?
campdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:05 PM   #28

You needed someone else to tell you that you are getting ripped off, it blows this old mans mind.
Walholler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:09 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walholler View Post
You needed someone else to tell you that you are getting ripped off, it blows this old mans mind.
You must be fun at parties
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:17 PM   #30

Take your $50,000 to a dealer that wants to fix it. I took my money 225 miles away from local for identical unit.It was well worth the drive!
Bob43B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:04 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Please review both dealers in our dealer review section so that others may see good and bad FR dealers.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:58 PM   #32

Run fast.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:56 PM   #33

Too much from Dealer

If this is the way the dealer is treating at your PDI, how do you think he will treat you when you return for warranty work. Not a good situation, find another dealer that will do the right think, even if you must travel some distance. Is the a Camping World dealer?
paule253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 06:50 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
If you have not yet handed over the final check and signed on the dotted line run do not walk away from that dealer and that unit.
Absolutely agree. This dealer is terrible and you should expect a lot better for a $50K unit.
2015 Ford F150 Eco-Boost
BusyRetirees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 04:07 PM   #35

Brand new, OR new year old model? Still considering an independent RV inspector go over RV. I felt the dealer getting a little defensive. Not enough battery power to bring in slides in left over 2017 rig for test drive. 5 minutes later, two dead Harris batteries were changed out with two new Interstate batteries! Nice service demo for me! (Test drive went well.)
twdenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:38 PM   #36

Thanks Everyone locked up the deal today and get delivery next Wednesday. Pre walked the whole trailer and pointed stuff out that is going to be fixed before PDI.

I'll be posting the dealer reviews soon

2017 Wildcat 312BHx
2017 Ram 3500 6.4L
Zkane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:34 AM   #37
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks Everyone locked up the deal today and get delivery next Wednesday. Pre walked the whole trailer and pointed stuff out that is going to be fixed before PDI.

Please do give us an update after you take delivery.

PS:
You are lucky that you saw the other side of the first dealer in time to run away.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:15 AM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

Just to clarify, did you lock up the deal with the second dealer or the first?
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:53 PM   #39

Our dealer has over night parking with hook ups so customers with new RVs can stay and check everything out and make a list of what they want done. Next morning service person comes to see what needs to be addressed. If they, the dealer doesn't have the parts, they contact the manufacturer and depending of difficulty of installation would send it to us or schedule a date based on expected delivery for us to bring our RV back. Previous dealers wouldn't even let us know if parts were ordered.

Tags
dealer