Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2017, 02:11 PM   #1

Any experience selling with Pop Rvs?

Has anyone had any experience selling their RV with Pop RVs? I have my RV listed on Craigslist and was contacted by someone from there about assisting in selling it. They appear to be a type of brokerage and it appears that they tack on a 10 percent fee to the buyer on top of the selling price to cover their cost. Just curious.

Thanks,

Jeremy
jwp32409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 02:18 PM   #2

You will get that offer for help on just about anything of real value that you try to sell on Craig's List. I turned them down. Most everyone I talked to said the service was equivalent to a scam. You will likely get a few such calls.

I sold mine on Craig's List in the space of two weeks.

Another thing to be careful of, is most people will want to pay you nothing for it (Yard Sale mentality). Decide what your minimum price is and just hold out. Unless you are in a BIG hurry, you're hitting the upswing in RV sales, between now and May. So it should sell by then.

Good luck.
Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 03:16 PM   #3

Thank you ben31. That's what I was thinking in terms of whether it sounded too good to be true.
jwp32409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 12:08 PM   #4

POP RV's

We are also trying to sale our 2013 Cedar Creek 33RL and have it listed on Craigslist and have received numerous calls from POP RV's. What is the easiest route to sale our RV and how do we determine the "fair price"?
TammyBr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 01:17 PM   #5

We've only sold (and owned) pop-up campers. Last one was an A-frame sold on Craig's list.

We determined the minimum price we would accept and added $1800 for negotiating room. Advertised on Craig's List, sold within 2 weeks (Summer 2018). Did have a couple of dealers try to lowball us. Final sales price was twice what we were offered from a dealer on trade-in.

Biggest hitch was getting clear title from lender to give to seller - took us about 2 weeks after the sale. In the meantime, we gave him a Colorado Bill of Sale downloaded from a legal forms site.

Have no experience with bigger campers.

Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 01:47 PM   #6

You guys do realize the original post is over 3 years old ?
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 03:07 PM   #7

I really do appreciate your input and help! Yes I realized that it was an old post but was specifically concerned about POP RV's and this is how I wound up connected to this thread.
TammyBr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 03:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyBr View Post
I really do appreciate your input and help! Yes I realized that it was an old post but was specifically concerned about POP RV's and this is how I wound up connected to this thread.
Do you have access to one of those "Market Place Apps" ? I don't, my daughter does on her phone and we sold our 2018 Cherokee and my wife Ford Escape in 6 hrs using that App. Post some pics and 5 minutes later got call from a gentleman in MO that wanted to see the TT and we sold it to them the next day. No offense....but seems with Craig...you have to watch out for too many possible scams.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote