Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2018, 11:41 AM   #1
Airboss

Arizona Reg and license

What does it cost to Register and license a motorhome in AZ?
Old 12-02-2018, 02:37 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss View Post
What does it cost to Register and license a motorhome in AZ?

https://www.dmv.org/az-arizona/car-registration.php

Quote:
Note that the value of your vehicle is calculated as 60% of the original manufacturer's retail price, and that total will be lowered by 16.25% at every registration renewal. For each $100 of the vehicle's value, you will be assessed: New vehicles: $2.80. Used vehicles: $2.89.

Do you live in AZ?

If not make sure your "home state" doesn't find out when you have your vehicle "home". Many have some rather draconian penalties and fines if you attempt to evade their licensing/taxing system

For example, here in WA State those they catch get a healthy fine as well as a bill for every year the vehicle has been owned by the individual to collect unpaid license fees. Those penalties can add up.

The WA State Patrol has designated troopers that do nothing but check on out of state registered Car's, Trucks, Motor Homes, Boats, and Airplanes. They follow up on tips from neighbors, contacts by troopers when individual gets stopped and has WA DL with out of state registered vehicle,

One year the state installed license plate cameras on the Interstate Bridge across the Columbia River. Read license plates leaving WA at the beginning of a holiday weekend. Read plates returning at the end of the holiday weekend. They figured that Oregon plates that were going opposite of the logical flow on a holiday weekend were people with WA residences and OR plates on their vehicles.

That's how money hungry a state can get. I used to refer to the License Fee here in WA State as the "Thirteenth monthly car payment".

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 10:24 PM   #3

In Texas I pay about $125 per year for a 42 foot fiver. Someone once told me that nit cost over $1,000 per year in AZ?
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 10:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
In Texas I pay about $125 per year for a 42 foot fiver. Someone once told me that nit cost over $1,000 per year in AZ?
If I read what is posted on the AZ site correctly a license for my 25' TT would be just under $700 the first year.

I wonder what CA is like with their rep for taxes, etc.
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 11:55 PM   #5

I'm at $800 for a 2017 Shockwave (here in AZ). They will also be adding an additional tax this month for "public safety fee".
flhtci2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:34 AM   #6
Airboss

Quote:
Do you live in AZ?

If not make sure your "home state" doesn't find out when you have your vehicle "home". Many have some rather draconian penalties and fines if you attempt to evade their licensing/taxing system

For example, here in WA State those they catch get a healthy fine as well as a bill for every year the vehicle has been owned by the individual to collect unpaid license fees. Those penalties can add up.

The WA State Patrol has designated troopers that do nothing but check on out of state registered Car's, Trucks, Motor Homes, Boats, and Airplanes. They follow up on tips from neighbors, contacts by troopers when individual gets stopped and has WA DL with out of state registered vehicle,

One year the state installed license plate cameras on the Interstate Bridge across the Columbia River. Read license plates leaving WA at the beginning of a holiday weekend. Read plates returning at the end of the holiday weekend. They figured that Oregon plates that were going opposite of the logical flow on a holiday weekend were people with WA residences and OR plates on their vehicles.

That's how money hungry a state can get. I used to refer to the License Fee here in WA State as the "Thirteenth monthly car payment".
Thanks,

I am planning a move to AZ and just trying to develop a budget.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:55 AM   #7
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
Here, they have a formula that considers the year and value of your vehicle. It is not a weight tax like some states. As your vehicle gets older, that portion goes down each year, until you get the minimum registration rate.

Starting in ‘19, a new public safety tax of $32 kicks in for each motorized vehicle. My almost pristine 2001 Ford costs under 40.00/year. Plus the annual emission test, 27.50 for diesels. A new truck will set you back over 700/year, but HEY! You get a bargain! You get the first 5 years freedom from “the test”.

Unless, of course you do not live in one of the counties here that require emission testing, or have a motorized vehicle built before ‘67.
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:02 AM   #8

I just paid the $32 on my TT
JPin AZ is offline   Reply With Quote