Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2017, 07:40 PM   #1

Camping World Parts $ Accessories Ordering Experience

Camping World emailed me a $10 coupon for in store use, or if you called in your order. Apparently not usable online. I saw they had free shipping on my order on their website because it was over $99. So I could use the coupon, I called to order two scissor jacks, two BAL Lock-arm struts, and one extended X-Chock, totaling about $199. However the CW rep informed me there would be $38 shipping, because of the item weights. I said the web site said the shipping was free. She said the truck icon showed a freight charge. I said there were no icons. So, I cancelled and returned to the web site and saw "free shipping" on the "place your order" page! I called back with this information and, finally, she agreed to honor the free shipping. She said my order total was $189 after coupon, plus $17 sales tax totaling $216. When I told her that did not add up she said I had to print out the coupon and mail it in for them to return $10 to my credit card! Incredible how CW does business!

2015 GMC Sierra 1500
2013 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
spudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudston View Post
Camping World emailed me a $10 coupon for in store use, or if you called in your order. Apparently not usable online. I saw they had free shipping on my order on their website because it was over $99. So I could use the coupon, I called to order two scissor jacks, two BAL Lock-arm struts, and one extended X-Chock, totaling about $199. However the CW rep informed me there would be $38 shipping, because of the item weights. I said the web site said the shipping was free. She said the truck icon showed a freight charge. I said there were no icons. So, I cancelled and returned to the web site and saw "free shipping" on the "place your order" page! I called back with this information and, finally, she agreed to honor the free shipping. She said my order total was $189 after coupon, plus $17 sales tax totaling $216. When I told her that did not add up she said I had to print out the coupon and mail it in for them to return $10 to my credit card! Incredible how CW does business!

It is these kind of business practices that will keep me away from a business... probably forever. I never forget bs like that.

They could run the best deal next month and I will still not do business with them. Maybe not the best move on my part, but that is how I feel about crap like that.

I would have canceled my order on the spot because of that.
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:59 PM   #3
Site Team

I recently used a $10 coupon in the store and ended returning the item. They went ahead and applied the $10 credit to my new purchase.

On the other hand there been a time I have the store not a happy camper.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:00 PM   #4

Just me but had the opposite experience. Ordered online and didn't see the discount for Good Sams membership. Called and turns out the web was less than in store with the discount so placed the order no hassles.

Just mine though.

They did tell me to order at least three items next time even if throw in couple rolls of TP. Does something with shipping if I remember correctly from the conversation.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325BH View Post
It is these kind of business practices that will keep me away from a business... probably forever. I never forget bs like that.

They could run the best deal next month and I will still not do business with them. Maybe not the best move on my part, but that is how I feel about crap like that.

I would have canceled my order on the spot because of that.
I did cancel the first time but went back to them to make them honor their web site pricing. I don't like them thinking they can play me for a fool. And I will send in the coupon and make sure they credit my card. I'm stubborn like that. Of course, next time I will buy elsewhere.

2015 GMC Sierra 1500
Old 04-24-2017, 09:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpster808 View Post
Just me but had the opposite experience. Ordered online and didn't see the discount for Good Sams membership. Called and turns out the web was less than in store with the discount so placed the order no hassles.

Just mine though.

They did tell me to order at least three items next time even if throw in couple rolls of TP. Does something with shipping if I remember correctly from the conversation.
I got a 1% discount ($2) because I had three items. Whoopee!

2015 GMC Sierra 1500
Old 04-25-2017, 08:57 AM   #7

I have got good deals at Camping World, you just have to know what the item cost somewhere else. I find good deals everywhere. Once C/W had washer/dryer on sale and I asked about the install and was told $150 bucks each. I said that sounds high and decided to do the install myself, bad mistake. If I could do over I would have brought the washer/dryer from C/W and let them do the install
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:17 PM   #8
Cutty

Camping World

Ive had the same experience on many occasions. I just ignore the coupons they are useless online. Tried the insurance and changed the next year to better cheaper insurance. Never have I found an item they say is on sale that I cant buy on Amazon or in Wally World cheaper. Discounts on gas at Pilot stops are a joke and hard to use at the pump also....
bbcutright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:25 PM   #9
Mddle of the Rd Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcutright View Post
Ive had the same experience on many occasions. I just ignore the coupons they are useless online. Tried the insurance and changed the next year to better cheaper insurance. Never have I found an item they say is on sale that I cant buy on Amazon or in Wally World cheaper. Discounts on gas at Pilot stops are a joke and hard to use at the pump also....
WOW!! Never thought I'd see anyone complain about saving 5-8 cents per gallon of fuel at Pilot/Flying J.....
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2013 RAM 3500 6.7L diesel DRW Crew Cab
"When you get to the fork in the road, take it....."
MeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:07 PM   #10
Broken Toe

Camping Worlds motto:

There's one born every minute.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 02:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeepMeep View Post
WOW!! Never thought I'd see anyone complain about saving 5-8 cents per gallon of fuel at Pilot/Flying J.....
LOL! I agree with you! We save 7¢ per gallon of diesel, dump for $5, fill propane with a discount, buy products inside for a discount. What's not to love.

And we have bought a lot of sales items from CW online and in store. Never had a problem. But we do read all the fine print and know what to expect with each deal.

We have used CW all over the country and never had any problems with anything. I always wonder what the difference is for the folks that continually bash them
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
LOL! I agree with you! We save 7¢ per gallon of diesel, dump for $5, fill propane with a discount, buy products inside for a discount. What's not to love.

And we have bought a lot of sales items from CW online and in store. Never had a problem. But we do read all the fine print and know what to expect with each deal.

We have used CW all over the country and never had any problems with anything. I always wonder what the difference is for the folks that continually bash them
Bought my last 2 5ers from CW and extremely pleased. 1st had zero warranty items, 2nd at the end of the year Keystone replaced a fender skirt. CW at Myrtle goes over them before the DI. When purchasing from CW you become an Elite member for 3 years ~ special discounts and 15% off all labor. Never had a problem even returning an item bought online to the store.
Pilot / Flying J ~~ have their card. Safe as before pumping your code is required so even a lost or stolen card is safe. Auto-deduction from checking is completed a week after receiving email with the amount. Like the DEF at the pump (cheap too) and with their card 9 cents off on diesel.
The sales mgr knows my name, as do the service writers and parts mgr. Service has been great. My next 5er will be from CW in Myrtle Beach as well.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:42 PM   #13
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
Bought my last 2 5ers from CW and extremely pleased. 1st had zero warranty items, 2nd at the end of the year Keystone replaced a fender skirt. CW at Myrtle goes over them before the DI. When purchasing from CW you become an Elite member for 3 years ~ special discounts and 15% off all labor. Never had a problem even returning an item bought online to the store.
Pilot / Flying J ~~ have their card. Safe as before pumping your code is required so even a lost or stolen card is safe. Auto-deduction from checking is completed a week after receiving email with the amount. Like the DEF at the pump (cheap too) and with their card 9 cents off on diesel.
The sales mgr knows my name, as do the service writers and parts mgr. Service has been great. My next 5er will be from CW in Myrtle Beach as well.
And as with most Forum discussions you hardly here about good news!
This is good to hear and thanks for sharing!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:43 PM   #14

I am a clearance junkie... well wait. I am just a junkie.

Some of their in-store clearance items cannot be beat. I have bought good stuff for less than $1.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 04:04 PM   #15
Site Team

I was asked if I wanted to renew my membership for $27. Part of the clerk's sales pitch was that they were tossing in free toilet paper and local businesses coupons. I figured that it would be cheaper to pay the $1-2 higher price for the $10 item than to renew right now.

A few days later I received another $10 coupon so I went back & did some cheap shopping.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:46 PM   #16

X2 325BH. I would have cancelled on the spot. There's plenty of other places to buy what ever you need. As well ,I would never buy from them again. I hate bs like that.
bobstepsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:09 PM   #17
World Wide Wanderer

My take on CW... you can good some good to great deals IF you are a careful shopper. Most of the time they are clueless and hope you are too. I bought a Burley Travoy bicycle trailer for $75... that is a $250 trailer! Most of the time there stuff is over priced, if they even have what you want to begin with.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post

My card gives me 5% off at the pump and Pilot/Flying J is usually 20 cents to 30 cents more a gallon than a store just down the road. Install the apps GasBuddy if you want to save some real money
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:05 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
My card gives me 5% off at the pump and Pilot/Flying J is usually 20 cents to 30 cents more a gallon than a store just down the road. Install the apps GasBuddy if you want to save some real money
We don't use pilot/flying j to save $$$ (obviously), but for the ease of use when towing. No way I'm going to try and maneuver my rig in most non-truckstops. And actually on our last trip the pilots price with discount was the same as cheaper gas stations in town. Hasn't been that way for a long time. I'm hoping it's a trend
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 11:20 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Not really interested in saving a few dollars. More interested in easy in/out, safe, and fast or slow if I want to park a while. I only pull about 12,000 - 14,000 miles each year. I have Gas Buddy for when I'm NOT pulling 13,500# 13' tall 5er.

$45K - $60K for a 5er ~~ $60K++ for a truck and when I worry about a few dollars per tank of diesel I'll get a tent and boondock at Walmart.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessories, camping, parts