Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2023, 05:00 PM   #21

Decent Reviews.
billcrews81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 05:09 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcrews81 View Post
Decent Reviews.
I haven't found many reviews - where do you look? Have watched plenty of videos, but those are all just done by dealers lol.
LazarusLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 05:15 PM   #23

Just googled the model ending in reviews. looked at it on the Ytube also. nice rig
Old 02-20-2023, 05:16 PM   #24

https://www.rvinsider.com/Forest-Riv...%20Grey%20Wolf this may not have been the right model
Old 02-20-2023, 05:19 PM   #25

https://www.rvtravel.com/rv-review-c...-trailer-1767/
Old 02-20-2023, 05:22 PM   #26

a good sign is not to many negative write ups..
Old 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
LOL...it's a Cherokee Grey Wolf 24JS
There's nothing on the trailer's webpage, that mentions included solar or battery.
https://www.forestriverinc.com/rvs/t...wolf/24JS/7036
Even if it came with solar, doesn't mean it comes with a battery. Especially on entry level stick and tin trailers like the Grey Wolf.
Nearly all batteries on towables, are dealer-installed items.
I'm looking to buy a $50k Rockwood Signature 30ft TT, that comes with 200w of solar and an inverter. NO battery included.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 06:23 PM   #28

Probably " solar Ready"
Old 02-20-2023, 06:40 PM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcrews81 View Post
Probably " solar Ready"
Yep! I looked at two different 2023 models on RV Trader. Neither showed any roof solar panel nor solar controller.
Like "Furrion camera prep". No Furrion camera nor monitor. Just a rear bracket and a couple of wires.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 06:48 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
There's nothing on the trailer's webpage, that mentions included solar or battery.
https://www.forestriverinc.com/rvs/t...wolf/24JS/7036
Even if it came with solar, doesn't mean it comes with a battery. Especially on entry level stick and tin trailers like the Grey Wolf.
Nearly all batteries on towables, are dealer-installed items.
I'm looking to buy a $50k Rockwood Signature 30ft TT, that comes with 200w of solar and an inverter. NO battery included.
It actually comes with a (very small) 50 watt solar panel on the roof. Really meant to be used more of a "battery tender" than anything. 2023 models actually come with 100 watt.

From what I read, all Cherokee Grey Wolf models come with it now.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...em-200640.html
Old 02-20-2023, 06:50 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Yep! I looked at two different 2023 models on RV Trader. Neither showed any roof solar panel nor solar controller.
Like "Furrion camera prep". No Furrion camera nor monitor. Just a rear bracket and a couple of wires.
Forest River really seems to be pushing to have more standard features. Even the model we're looking at has a camera pre-installed. It's not a Furrion though - I believe it works with over bluetooth with an app (along with being able to also control all the lights, etc. with the same app).

Will see how it works in real life lol.
Old 02-20-2023, 06:53 PM   #32

I think it's this package (but comes standard now)...
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2023, 06:56 PM   #33

Our CW in West Ft Worth doesn't sell Forrest River products. If they do i missed them, Heartland and Coleman mostly, Some Thor class C's all of which are falling apart just on the journey to DFW/ salesman told me they fix all of the trim and " anything else found by the customer" when bought lol You would have to pay me to take a Coleman.
Old 02-20-2023, 10:08 PM   #34

So CW “ giving 3300” more for trade but had 1500 in “ hidden fees” aren’t you still ahead 1800. Last remark and I am gone there’s not a single dealership that doesn’t expect you to negotiate. Cow has a $1800 head start doesn’t mean they won’t drop or that local guy won’t drop even more to get sale. When I sold I hated the customers that just left dealership 20 miles away and had their agent on speed dial. Most using you to get a betting deal
Old 02-20-2023, 10:39 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose074 View Post
So CW “ giving 3300” more for trade but had 1500 in “ hidden fees” aren’t you still ahead 1800. Last remark and I am gone there’s not a single dealership that doesn’t expect you to negotiate. Cow has a $1800 head start doesn’t mean they won’t drop or that local guy won’t drop even more to get sale. When I sold I hated the customers that just left dealership 20 miles away and had their agent on speed dial. Most using you to get a betting deal
I've got 3 dealers I'm working with actually lol, CW just happens to be one of them. All of them have multiple locations, CW being the largest obviously. Another downside of CW for us is that the location that has the model we want is ~4 hours away, so not just a quick run to pick it up.

So far the guy giving us only $9000 is the best deal - they have their model priced ~ $2400 less than CW and with only about $150 in fees so actually not a bad deal - just need to get them to increase trade allowance a bit.
Old 02-21-2023, 09:41 PM   #36

I understand, just realize they may be as low as they are able to make a profit they are comfortable with. I had a used car manger that would talk to the customer before doing his appraisal of the car. He gauged or attempted to what was important to the customer price of car buying, trade in allowance or monthly payments. He loved the ones focused on trade in. He hit them extremely low made them work hard on getting more for the trade. In the end they got average deal on trade never negotiated on price of new car. Amazing most walked away happy that they showed him. The general sales manager loved the monthly payment type. We were full disclosure dealerships but we always hit the customer with 36 month payment and 10% plus TTL down. As the first offer., many times by the time we got to 72 months customer just sees drop in monthly payment not the extra 3 years of making the payment
Old 02-27-2023, 07:25 PM   #37

We’ve purchased two new units at CW. Traded on both. But I knew exactly what we wanted and struck my deal before involving my trade. Once they start figuring their take away on the unit it is hard for them to back up and quote you a different price. Also you have to be in control of your deal and don’t let their sales people intimidate you. They have all sorts of tricks. Just get up and walk away if they don’t meet your expectations! They know once you get mesmerized by the new camper you will start making bad decisions. You don’t need them, they need you. Don’t forget that. Also find a way to bring a fair amount of cash to the deal. Cash is still king on a quick sale.
reevesfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 07:31 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
Anyone know how accurate the JD Power values actually are?

It's showing a low retail of $12,500 and average of $15,050 for our TT.

Good Sam quoted a value of $12,300

That's sort of why I thought $9,000 was a bit low.

CW will give a higher trade value and then as already said they will nitpic your trade to death and lower the trade value when you do the paperwork.
As to the “JD Power numbers they are really just a WAG but as I dealer said go try and get them to give you that much$$$.
I personally would avoid CW if at all possible. A few years ago we looked at one at CW. Yes their “RV Show “ price was about 1k less but by the time they added all of their “fees” in the total was almost 3k more that the local dealer.
Bamamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 08:21 PM   #39

Retail and trade-in value are two different animals. If a dealer gave you retail value for your trade-in the dealer would have no profit margin when they sold it. The best you should expect on a very clean trade is somewhere between wholesale and trade-in. Your best bet to maximize the value of your trailer is to sell it yourself. JMO
Philip C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 08:57 PM   #40

We've only had one encounter with CW. We were on the road and hit a low-hanging branch. They replaced the shower skylight in short order. A good experience with service. They got us back on the road in 3 hours ! !
Stormy Dayton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, camping world