Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBingham52 View Post
If you don't save what it costs each year camping world will refund the difference. Also if you are a member you get free shipping when shopping online.
If I'm buying something expensive at CW - or just buying a lot of stuff - I will get them to figure out right at the cash register whether the membership fee would be more or less than the discount I'd get by joining. I have joined many times for $20 or so in order to save $40 on my purchases. And the membership is good for the rest of the year.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:10 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Stone View Post
Like the others have done, its surf and shop, compare the prices, whichever is best, I would think CW would match a price if you can bring it in? Haven't tried it, but wondering if anyone else might have?
I can confirm the CW near Detroit does price matching. Same as the other Canadians we've figured out that shipping isn't worth it. So we saved up a good size shopping list before going cross border to hit CW. I didn't want to forget anything, so I put together a shopping cart from their online store and then printed out out to use as a list in the real store.

At the cashier, I set the list down as I was emptying the cart. The cashier took that list and price matched anything that was more expensive in store. She also informed me that "oh yeah, we price match anything you bring in, even our online prices"
Old 09-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #23

I have to give kudos to our CW in Redding!! Our membership had expired and we didn't renew at that time...early in the summer we bought two new director camp chairs about $55 each at the Sacramento store. Two months later, no receipt, and no membership we stopped in the Redding to see if they would exchange one of the chairs because one the of the brackets had broken....Their response was, if we have one still in stock "no problem"...10 minutes later we were walking out of the store with a brand new chair! They could have told us to go pound sand...but they were great! I will shop there again!
2013 2 nights, 2014 34 nights
Jac and Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:23 AM   #24

As said before check their online website, most of the time it's cheaper on CW online, the store will price match with no issues. I have a CW store 25 minutes away, really convenient and competitive with price matching.